Options

Urgent! Problem with Samsung LCD TV Tuning

revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi!
Ok, I'll try keep this simple. A friend of my fathers asked him to try and tune his video into his Samsung LCD tv, I don't know what my old Dad has done but he managed to lose most of the guy's channels.... I only had 15 minutes to spare yesterday so I tried to tune the tv back in (from scratch) but can only get BBC1, ITV, CH5, S4C (we're in South Wales) and a truly abysmal reception for BBC2. Can't locate the built in freeview channels at all. Is there any way I can reset the tv back to its factory settings so I can start from scratch? Does anybody have any idea what the hell could be wrong? I'm visiting the guy at 3.30 so any quick ideas would be most helpful.
Many thanks!
:)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Samsung TV's have two menus

Menu and D Menu.

There is a TV / DTV buttom to switch between Analogue and Freeview.

Press DTV then DMENU,
    There is an option which retunes retuned all channels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for the reply.
    Have a good one!
    :)

mlythaby wrote: »
    Samsung TV's have two menus

Menu and D Menu.

There is a TV / DTV buttom to switch between Analogue and Freeview.

Press DTV then DMENU,
    There is an option which retunes retuned all channels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I tried what was suggested, but I've hit upon an extremelly frustrating problem. When I press the tv/dtv button on the remote, it goes to a blank black screen, then when I hit the D Menu button nothing happens. I've a Samsung tv myself and it works fine on mine, but on my Dads mates set it's just not responding. What the hell could be wrong?????? Anyone? :(
  • Options
    F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might want to ask here as they seem to have all the info on Samsung TV's.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155