Found - Adams website - and no, he's not selling the cardboard shoe storage box!

gulmichaelgulmichael Posts: 33
Forum Member
Here's the link to Adam's website:
(check the "about us" page if you don't believe me)

http://www.sportingretailuk.com/

It's not even really a camping website. It looks like mostly like he sells fishing gear to me. ;)

I was really hoping the "flex-n-store" box would be on there.

I so want one! :D

Comments

• Pyramid*Pyramid* Posts: 4,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was a shite PM and a bit of a bs'er far as his camping experience went but never gonna slate off his website. Not many teenagers have their own internet business. Fair play to him on that score.
  • AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    Bless him.
    I notice he sells weaponry too. Hmmmmmmm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    "Weponry, an area where were we will 100%"

what?

"We guarantee you that you will NOT find any other companies on the web who are cheaper than us, and if there is, we WILL and match or even beat match their prices."

I agree with the person above, you can't really slate the website, as he's only a kid, but he could have at least had an adult check it over. His English teacher maybe?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was curious how someone of 17 could buy air guns.

After some searching there is another company listed for that address Unit C3, Connaught Business Centre, A.G.E (London) Ltd also selling fishing tackle. Companies House list them trading from 1983 to present. Same phone number too. I wonder what A G E stands for, could it be like AMS? ;)

Sporting Retail UK LTD is listed as Unit C2 according to Companies House and incorporated Nov 2009. My guess it is a spin off to do online retail.

I believe that Rocky's sandwich business also started life as a spin off from his dad's restaurant. Useless PM as well. No comment on Alan Sugar's sons Daniel and Simon ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LooieENG wrote: »
    "Weponry, an area where were we will 100%"

what?

If you click on the 'read more' below that you can have not one, not two but three spelling mistakes (said in the style of Yasmina selling hair grips too cheaply). And that's in only two lines of text. The website has far too many spelling and grammar mistakes all over suggesting that no one checked it. No pages 'not found' so that instantly puts it in the 'above average' range of commercial websites btw.