Gamu 'facing firing squad in Zimbabwe'

Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
Forum Member
Sorry, had not seen thread on the subject.

Comments

• iloathedanniiiloathedannii Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    According to Gamu, going back to Zimbabwe would be facing death.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a281270/gamu-facing-firing-squad-in-zimbabwe.html

To quote the article:
    "The singer, who has been asked to leave the UK, insisted that her native country is unsafe now that people know she fled President Mugabe's regime.
    She told the News of the World: "I've been in the public eye now and people there know I've fled Mugabe's regime. They will punish us if we go back. They're going to know where we are.

"We're going to be very unsafe. People have already been approaching our family members.

"We think they could be working for Mugabe. And we know how brutal he can be. I would be in danger, it's blatantly obvious. My family would be in danger." "

Umm... if it's so dangerous to get in the public eye after fleeing a country like Zimbabwe, then WHY go on XFactor??
    She was hoping to be on the show every single week until Christmas, and maybe even have a Christmas number one hit. Why do that if you know it can have consequences for not only you but your family as well?

I don't agree with the Mugabe regime, and the thought of a firing squad shooting innocent people makes my stomach turn, but don't blame X Factor now for having had public exposure and your life being in danger because of it.
    Nobody forced you to audition!

Agree entirely but there's another thread on this very topic and it has become the refuge of the dwindling number of St Gamu acolytes who believe she and her family can do no wrong and anyone who feels otherwise is a vile racist and BNP partisan.