Options

What are you opinions of the 'dog acts' on Britains Got Talent?

Uncle Junior81Uncle Junior81 Posts: 136
Forum Member
I watched this show last night and I cannot believe TWO Dog acts got through. They were so over rated and extremely poorly executed. 1 dog jumps through hoops, the other howls....so what? It was no impressive in the slightest, they are just dogs and taking away valuable air time and dreams from people.

I find the fact these dogs are forced to perform extremely cruel aswell.

Comments

• Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Animals do not perform if they are unhappy, ask anyone who works in a zoo or circus. There is an element of self righteous outrage when discussing performing animals.

We used to have performing cats at one of the sanctuaries and used them when we went did outreach in schools. Kids used to love them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a shame for the dog.
  • Options
    ejmejm Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this show last night and I cannot believe TWO Dog acts got through. They were so over rated and extremely poorly executed. 1 dog jumps through hoops, the other howls....so what? It was no impressive in the slightest, they are just dogs and taking away valuable air time and dreams from people.

I find the fact these dogs are forced to perform extremely cruel aswell.

I didn't see any evidence of them being forced to perform :confused:

Personally, I'm not big on animal acts even heelwork to music which, when done properly can be amazing, but I do feel uneasy about animals performing for our entertainment, and so I would prefer not to see it, but can appreciate the skill and the special relationship between animal and owner on the more 'technically advanced' acts.
  • Options
    Uncle Junior81Uncle Junior81 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    I heard a rumour in the Daily Star that one of the dog acts from last year had an owner who would use an electric choker if they dog was disobedient during the act.

This saddened me.
  • Options
    ejmejm Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard a rumour in the Daily Star that one of the dog acts from last year had an owner who would use an electric choker if they dog was disobedient during the act.

This saddened me.

Surely you would read a rumour in the Daily Star!

You are saddened quite often aren't you :cool: Maybe a bit of foxhunting or bullfighting would cheer you up. Afterall, there is nothing like pitting a man's wits against that of a wild animal (your words!).

You really need to try harder.
  • Options
    mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,323
    Forum Member
    I don't have anything against dogs on BGT. I hate watching dancing dogs though. How pathetic does the dog look, never mind the owner!
    I would love to see police dogs, or any working dog in action. Dogs are clever.
  • Options
    mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,323
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    Animals do not perform if they are unhappy, ask anyone who works in a zoo or circus. There is an element of self righteous outrage when discussing performing animals.

We used to have performing cats at one of the sanctuaries and used them when we went did outreach in schools. Kids used to love them.

I think most animals, would rather be in their own natural habitat, than being forced to entertain humans in a circus.
    I know some are good and we only hear of the bad (apparently)?
    Breaks my heart to see a huge elephant, being pushed around by a little man.:(