The wedding of River Song. speculation

Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
Forum Member
✭✭
Who thinks that one of the versions of River song that we see in this episode will be the one to go to her death soon after.

I think. She'll be released from prison. And we hear a reference to the silence in the library ep.

she says something about it infront of her parents. And the doctor will be like. "oh shit!"

maybe after she helped the doctor out, after the angels episode, she was released. And that's the version who appears in this episode briefly. She has to pretty much as old as the version we saw in Silence in the Library.

purely speculation.

I don't mean the Melody who is being conditioned. I assume there will be two of them in this episode. or maybe even three.

Comments

• TEOLTEOL Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    It's already spoiled through both my Sky + SD and Freeview HD setups.

Matt Smiths Doctor dies. It is unknown however and unspoiled if he regenerates at the end of the episode or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TEOL wrote: »
    It's already spoiled through both my Sky + SD and Freeview HD setups.

Matt Smiths Doctor dies. It is unknown however and unspoiled if he regenerates at the end of the episode or not.

Well if that's the case thank you so much for spoiling it for me you flaming gallah!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah he won't die
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i bet it was an alternative timeline.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Bezmina wrote: »
    Well if that's the case thank you so much for spoiling it for me you flaming gallah!!!

Not really a spoiler though, is it? As we've seen him die already...
  • VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »

Absolutely. We know he dies. We've seen him die. The questions are, what happens next, and how does he get out of it?
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    Who thinks that one of the versions of River song that we see in this episode will be the one to go to her death soon after.

I think. She'll be released from prison. And we hear a reference to the silence in the library ep.

River at the end of Closing Time had only just obtained her doctrate. When she dies in the library, she is a professor - which suggests a fairly lengthy period between the two.

She wasn't in prison at the end of closing time so whatever crime she commits to get her sent there has to happen then - presumably - she has to spend a fair bit of time as en ex-con before being awarded a chair at any university.

There are - of course - a couple of unknown factors.

Firstly, we don't know exactly what River is now. She could still be able to regenerate or may live for a very long time (I know she supposedly gave the Doctor all of her regens but it's at least possible that we'll discover that she "regrows" the ability - as a set-up for the Doctor approaching his last regen).

We also only had her word for it that she was a professor. Given her slightly dodgy scruples and her being an ex-con, I wouldn't be surprised to find that she invented that title or bought it from some on-line university/laundrette.

Either way, there's definitely a number of years in the timeline we are familiar with between her getting her degree and her death in the library.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member

Well it kind of is I know we've seen him die but we dont know if he or someone else is going to stop it. That was the direction I was leaning towards.
    Forum Member
    NellyBetty wrote: »
    Well it kind of is I know we've seen him die but we dont know if he or someone else is going to stop it. That was the direction I was leaning towards.

But that was all that was said! There was no spoiler there! TEOL said exactly what we've already seen, and only that... How is that a spoiler? :confused:

And if you're talking about someone stopping the Doctor from dying - there have been numerous sources confirming the Doctor dies. No stoppong it, he is killed. Just as we already saw...

Not a spoiler.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River at the end of Closing Time had only just obtained her doctrate. When she dies in the library, she is a professor - which suggests a fairly lengthy period between the two.

She wasn't in prison at the end of closing time so whatever crime she commits to get her sent there has to happen then - presumably - she has to spend a fair bit of time as en ex-con before being awarded a chair at any university.

There are - of course - a couple of unknown factors.

Firstly, we don't know exactly what River is now. She could still be able to regenerate or may live for a very long time (I know she supposedly gave the Doctor all of her regens but it's at least possible that we'll discover that she "regrows" the ability - as a set-up for the Doctor approaching his last regen).

We also only had her word for it that she was a professor. Given her slightly dodgy scruples and her being an ex-con, I wouldn't be surprised to find that she invented that title or bought it from some on-line university/laundrette.

Either way, there's definitely a number of years in the timeline we are familiar with between her getting her degree and her death in the library.

yes i know that the river that was captured is the early river.
    but i think we will see the one who they are more used to seeing aswell. the one who is in jail.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What people seem to be forgetting is that there are two rivers at the lake, the one in the astronaut suit and the one that got the letter from the doctor, the one who had the letter said "of course" when the bullets she tried to shoot missed etc, so that river has obviously already experienced this, so she kind of knows what happens already i guess.
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    What people seem to be forgetting is that there are two rivers at the lake, the one in the astronaut suit and the one that got the letter from the doctor, the one who had the letter said "of course" when the bullets she tried to shoot missed etc, so that river has obviously already experienced this, so she kind of knows what happens already i guess.

Except she was completely convinced that the Doctor had set it all up, and she didn't know what was going on.

I'm still entirely unconvinced that she knows she shot the Doctor, if it turns out after all that it is her. For me, the most obvious reason for her saying 'Of course!' was that it would be obvious that she couldn't have damaged the astronaut with her weapon.

Think about it - she's a crack shot, and yet nothing happens to the astronaut. It needs something stopping the bullets.

If she had remembered it was her, wouldn't that have been triggered before she started shooting at the astronaut? As soon as the Doctor was shot?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Except she was completely convinced that the Doctor had set it all up, and she didn't know what was going on.

I'm still entirely unconvinced that she knows she shot the Doctor, if it turns out after all that it is her. For me, the most obvious reason for her saying 'Of course!' was that it would be obvious that she couldn't have damaged the astronaut with her weapon.

Think about it - she's a crack shot, and yet nothing happens to the astronaut. It needs something stopping the bullets.

If she had remembered it was her, wouldn't that have been triggered before she started shooting at the astronaut? As soon as the Doctor was shot?

I'm not even sure whether it is her. Although I guess it has to be.

There probably will be 3 rivers in this episode. the one who has just become a doctor and got kidnapped. the one who was there when the doctor was killed, having a picnic.
    And the one who is going to try and stop it.
  • TehanuTehanu Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    surely the shooting River in the suit is the little girl that the suit came for - who has since forgotten all about it...