"The Little Mermaid" [Disney]

cherbrinkleyfancherbrinkleyfan Posts: 1,939
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It is possibly getting re-released from the Disney vaults however other scheduled releases (Like "The lion king" have, for some reason, been held up).

I love this film. I love the music and the characters. I even liked "TLM2: Return to sea" (though not as much as the first). I haven't seen TLM3.

Most of them are hard to buy now as they are all out of print (unless you buy it from eBay until the new edition is released).

I love Ursula. Great Disney villain.

I love "poor unfortunate souls" and "part of your world" too.

Comments

• D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's getting a re-release too! One of the 6 Disney classics I'm missing out of all 50. Not bad...

Great film, Ursula rocks. As do Sebastien and Scuttle. :p
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I'd love this to get a new release. One of my favourites.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amazing Disney!!!! love love love it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    One of Disney's best. To anyone who's waiting for a new re-release, it's coming in 2013. The film is part of Disney's Diamond Edition series, and two films from the series get released on DVD and Blu-ray each year. After The Lion King, Lady and the Tramp and Cinderella are next, and as such they will be the 2012 releases. But then The Little Mermaid is right after them, so you'll see it on DVD again and Blu-ray for the first time in 2013.
  • cherbrinkleyfancherbrinkleyfan Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2013 is ages away. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. Ursula is a fantastic villain.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my favourite Disney film. This came out 1989 and I got it for Xmas as a child. I loved it and used to watch it often, I got the dolls, PJS, etc. Was obsessed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interest, was TLM then re-released in the late 90s because I saw it in the cinema with my kids and assumed it was new out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of interest, was TLM then re-released in the late 90s because I saw it in the cinema with my kids and assumed it was new out!

Yes it was!! Peter Andre :mad: re made the Kiss the Girl osng. I think it was 10th anniversary as it came out first in 1989
  • wh666-666wh666-666 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully this time it will be released without all the penis imagery and female sexual innuendo that got me het up at six years old ....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Yes it was!! Peter Andre :mad: re made the Kiss the Girl osng. I think it was 10th anniversary as it came out first in 1989

Ahh that's why. Because I even remember friends having the video of it and I was thinking "why am i going to the cinema when it's on video". Later that year it was released on VHS and I think I still have it somewhere! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wh666-666 wrote: »
    Hopefully this time it will be released without all the penis imagery and female sexual innuendo that got me het up at six years old ....

Its amazing watching kids films years later as an adult and laughing at things differently because you understand them as an adult, or picking up on more adult innuendos...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahaha indeed!

Some kids films are pure smut and you think as an adult "did I really watch this as a kid, whoaaaaa that isnt appropriate!" ...
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite Disney film ever. I recently bought it on DVD as I only had it on VHS. I will definitley buy it on blu ray when it is eventually released.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahahaha indeed!

Some kids films are pure smut and you think as an adult "did I really watch this as a kid, whoaaaaa that isnt appropriate!" ...

Watched Mrs Doubtfire the other day, havent seen it in years and I couldnt believe some of the innuendos in that, Toy Story has some in as well...!
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've never seen this film - what "female sexual innuendo" does it contain?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Watched Mrs Doubtfire the other day, havent seen it in years and I couldnt believe some of the innuendos in that, Toy Story has some in as well...!

Hehehehe ahhh sexy little bo peep huh! Love robin williams films .....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it does! has always been my favourite disney film since I was a toddler! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen this film - what "female sexual innuendo" does it contain?

First, is the imagery in the pictures on posters, cover-art and debtably in the first release of the film. The columns are gold penises ...

http://listverse.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/littlemermaid-subliminal-22.jpg.jpeg

The priest during the wedding has a bulge that looks like an erection, there was even a lawsuit that ended up being dropped, but still the priest was very pleased to see the mermaid in all her glory. They claimed it was his knee, but clearly not what most see.

Watching a sixteen year old mermaid writhing around on screen with clamshell covering an ample pair of breasts is enough to excite any young boy.

Also the whole storyline is a bit deviant. A girl disobeying her family wishes just because she is sixteen and horny, choosing between family or a man instead of having both and then enticing a man through body language and womanly charms while the witch has her voice.

Not as bad as fairytales though, those things are pure filth ....

Anyway as for dirty jokes, feel free to watch and childs animations as an adult, it will surprise you.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a decent film that signaled the return of Disney in terms of making quality films throughout the nineties. Beauty and The Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, Toy Story and Tarzan all followed after a poor two decades in the 70's and the 80's in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was sure toy story was pixar and didnt have disney involvement?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    disney are going to be re-releasing it in 3D in cinemas in 2012/2013 along with finding nemo, monsters inc and beauty and the beast
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    disney are going to be re-releasing it in 3D in cinemas in 2012/2013 along with finding nemo, monsters inc and beauty and the beast

Yep Disney have announced a release date for Little Mermaid 3D in US cinemas as September 13, 2013. So presumably the bluray will be a month or so later.
  • fruity60dfruity60d Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    I loved the Little Mermaid so much as a child I watched it endless. One of my fav's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was sure toy story was pixar and didnt have disney involvement?

I could be wrong but Im fairly certain Disney brought out Pixar around 10 years ago. This was why there was a delay between 2-3 Toystory as there was so many disagreements over the storyline of it, many scripts were thrown out and changed. Toystory 3 was possibly going to be about a recall of the Buzzs due to a fault and Andys Buzz was in that batch.

Im fairly certain its now called Disney Pixar...
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I'm ashamed to say that I've never actually seen the little mermaid