Options

Storys not done yet in soaps ideas

13»

Comments

• Options
    StickInsectStickInsect Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I dont think any main characters have been bisexual and had that explored relationship wise?Is being bisexual still taboo for soap producers?

No-one's mentioned Sonia in EE?
  • Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    No-one's mentioned Sonia in EE?

Is it any wonder nobody has mentioned that. We prefer to pretend that particular storyline never happened.
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,387
    Forum Member
    Male Eating Disorder
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Male Eating Disorder

neighbours atrempted this badly if i remeber right with ringo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Has Munchhausen Syndrome ever been covered in any of the soaps? I think this would actually be a really good storyline for one of them to cover.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    neighbours atrempted this badly if i remeber right with ringo.

Yeh it wasn't the best....

I think Emmerdale may be going down the road of this with Nikhil though.

A male rape storyline hasn't been done since Hollyoaks in 2000 and I find it weird that one of the big 3 soaps haven't done it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bi-sexuality story in FA was done really well. I think they really hit the nail on the head by combining it with surrogacy as well. It kept me hooked as it made me wonder whether Kelly would use the baby to get Karen. Karen had gone from wanting to be a wife and a mother to questionning what it was that she really wanted. If I remember correctly, Karen was going to leave her husband, but then Kelly died.

I am sure that the story in FA with the Costello's was Munchausens by proxy. I think it was Chrissy who convinced everyone, including her husband and her other daughter that her youngest daughter Chloe had leukaemia.

I'm not sure if autism has been covered.
  • Options
    RED737RED737 Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    sassyg wrote: »
    girl meets boy and lives happily ever after :p

If they are both good, then why not. I though both Anthony and Poppy were well suited.
  • Options
    MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bi-sexuality story in FA was done really well. I think they really hit the nail on the head by combining it with surrogacy as well. It kept me hooked as it made me wonder whether Kelly would use the baby to get Karen. Karen had gone from wanting to be a wife and a mother to questionning what it was that she really wanted. If I remember correctly, Karen was going to leave her husband, but then Kelly died.

I am sure that the story in FA with the Costello's was Munchausens by proxy. I think it was Chrissy who convinced everyone, including her husband and her other daughter that her youngest daughter Chloe had leukaemia.

These 'Family Affairs' storylines were both very well done. I see the story with Chrissy as Munchausens by proxy - but they did a good job of explaining how it came to pass.

It was a gripping storyline. Aileen was ostracised after voicing her suspicions about the "illness". Then Tanya too got suspicious and peeked under the bandages, and there were no wounds. Probably the last time I rushed home to watch a soap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I dont think any main characters have been bisexual and had that explored relationship wise?Is being bisexual still taboo for soap producers?

EE - Sonia and Naomi.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont know if this has been done (rape where the women rapes a man)
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    It would be interesting to see someone older be diagnosed with something like Autism, Roy Cropper would be perfect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    i dont know if this has been done (rape where the women rapes a man)

Last year in ED when Sally Spode raped Ashley Thomas the vicar. It was sad.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    lea_uk wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see someone older be diagnosed with something like Autism, Roy Cropper would be perfect.

Roy's been around too long for that storyline to be realistic. His quirks are like a running joke, so it wouldn't be serious for him to suddenly be diagnosed with autism.