Worth getting a Wii?

wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
Forum Member
✭✭
I've got both a PS3 and a 360 but was thinking about finally getting a Wii as they're only £50 per owned from GAME.

In truth, I really want Super Smash Bros. Brawl as I loved melee but I'm not sure it's worth it getting a new system just for one game.

Help!

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    For 1 game then no it's probably not worth it at all, but for £50 I would say yes its deffinately worth it as Wii has so much more to offer than the 1 game you want and the party/mini/kids games that some like to label it with.
    If you did get one then you could try alot of great games that you may otherwise not even been too bothered about before.
    I say give it a go and try out some of these great games and if you don't find it's the console for you then just sell it on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got both a PS3 and a 360 but was thinking about finally getting a Wii as they're only £50 per owned from GAME.

In truth, I really want Super Smash Bros. Brawl as I loved melee but I'm not sure it's worth it getting a new system just for one game.

Help!

nah not for just the one game. But the Wii has quite a few out-standing games and a back catalogue that lets gamers download and play (at a cost) great games from other consoles from years ago. i.e the NES/SNES/Sega master system/Mega-drive and the like so its deffo worth getting a Wii
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got back, bit the bullet and bought 1!

I got SSB Brawl, Mario Kart w/ wheel and Galaxy all for £65 (traded in Uncharted 3) not bad I think! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I got SSB Brawl, Mario Kart w/ wheel and Galaxy all for £65 (traded in Uncharted 3) not bad I think! :D

nice 1 :) now check out the online back catalogue for the Wii. theres some cracking games available
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Using through Scart but realised you can buy a component cable for it, theres one on Amazon for £2 has anyone got the budget cables?
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member

Mate that was one of the BEST things you could of done. HAVE FUN. :D
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    Using through Scart but realised you can buy a component cable for it, theres one on Amazon for £2 has anyone got the budget cables?

Yes, I think mine was less than £2 inc delivery, and has been working perfectly!