Kelly Rowland New Show

2»

Comments

• Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    I think it's the fact that Kelly didn't even pretend to be interested in the slightest towards the end that made people turn on her, as opposed to anything Tulisa did. Not that that will stop anyone blaming her, of course.

i have to agree, someone posted this clip in a different thread and i was shocked at her lack of interest at that stage. all the judges looked less than enthusiastic, but she did look particularly fed up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    I think it's the fact that Kelly didn't even pretend to be interested in the slightest towards the end that made people turn on her, as opposed to anything Tulisa did. Not that that will stop anyone blaming her, of course.

i'm talking about the press. some of the things they wrote were really uncalled for. almost from the very beginning of the live shows they turned on kelly - and that in part, imho, was down to them wanting to set up support for tulisa...therefore, make kelly the villain right from the get go. she grew more and more disinterested as the show progressed, which didn't help...but she was getting a LOT of flack.

(also...how come the last part of that is quoted as being me?.....i never said that...)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kelly had some positive media stories too. i know they named her `ultimate tv personality` last year at the cosmopolitan awards. the red tops used to a make big deal over the `rivalry` between cheryl and dannii too. in that scenario dannii always came off worse, but that is part of the job. being able to take the rough with the smooth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    kelly had some positive media stories too. i know they named her `ultimate tv personality` last year at the cosmopolitan awards. the red tops used to a make big deal over the `rivalry` between cheryl and dannii too. in that scenario dannii always came off worse, but that is part of the job. being able to take the rough with the smooth.

she got voted as best personality a couple of times and it started out lovely about her, but the tabloid press became overwhelmingly hateful towards her. she got way more abuse than dannii ever received.
    but i do agree that she should have handled it better, especially things like the 'sickie' week. that was the final nail in the coffin. i do think you could see her getting more and more tired with the show and thinking to herself "why am i here?".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scamrasc wrote: »
    she got voted as best personality a couple of times and it started out lovely about her, but the tabloid press became overwhelmingly hateful towards her. she got way more abuse than dannii ever received.
    but i do agree that she should have handled it better, especially things like the 'sickie' week. that was the final nail in the coffin. i do think you could see her getting more and more tired with the show and thinking to herself "why am i here?".

its a shame, because i liked kelly on the show. to be honest, i don't read the red tops. usually, i just read the media news stories here, but i do think dannii had a rough time too. every year the press were insisting she was going to be axed, except the year she finally did `leave`.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    its a shame, because i liked kelly on the show. to be honest, i don't read the red tops. usually, i just read the media news stories here, but i do think dannii had a rough time too. every year the press were insisting she was going to be axed, except the year she finally did `leave`.:D

i know! god those stories were annoying. i hate it when the press make stuff up just to sell...and that's around 95% of the time. but with both danni and kelly, a certain level of it was down to the press backing cheryl/tulisa. it was the same kind of thing. for some reason the press don't believe that women can get along, and so they create stories of them fighting, and that leads to there being a good guy and a bad guy. cheryl and tulisa are both of the same ilk (the whole point of hiring tulisa was to create a new cheryl) and the press saw both of them as their new tabloid honies aka money spinners as you write 900 articles a week about their love life and post a picture in a bikini.

kelly didn't do herself any favours as she progressed through the live shows, but she was a good judge and the biggest personality on the panel.. but the press were out to get her, and at least some level of that was to help build up tulisa. same as any negative articles about dannii a line later referred to cheryl as "the nations sweetheart".
  • Options
    Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EveryBody Dance Now Australia was axed., but that hardly gives Kelly no sleep becaused she bagged a whopping 2.2m australian dollars (which is about 1.5m pound)-better than her XF fee.

If you are a Kelly fan, just thought you should know- she landed the lead role on BET scripted comedy 'What Would Dylan Do'

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/kelly-rowland-lands-lead-role-in-new-scripted-bet-pilot-from-buppies-creator

oh my kelly kelly
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Good for her. She also has a film coming out called the Goree Girls according to her wiki.