Options

Rihanna darling, is this how you create music?!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jay_WallaceJay_Wallace Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Hmm so if Lady Gaga recorded a song that she hadn't written, you wouldn't care or say anything on it whatsoever? ;):p

No, I wouldn't actually, but it's strange how this thread was created not long after Rihanna:

1) - Scores another #1
    2) - Is named as "Billboards Top Pop Chart Artist".
    3) - Is nominated for "Four American Music Awards".

..and last but not least...
    4) - Is named as the "Most Liked Person on Facebook.

...and even stranger how it was created by a fan of an artist who's popularity is basically on a life support machine right now, but anyway...
  • Options
    STACEYFISHERSTACEYFISHER Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Hmm so if Lady Gaga recorded a song that she hadn't written, you wouldn't care or say anything on it whatsoever? ;):p

Well its pretty obvious from listening to Red One's stuff away from Gaga that he does most of the work anyway.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    nicmars wrote: »
    This just sums up how artists like Rihanna get the chance to release albums every year. Just lay the vocals and on to the next one!!!

All you've done is repeated something that's been said hundreds of times on this forum and has been known about pop music for decades.

It's not a big deal. A lot of the general public want catchy songs, they don't care who wrote them. Even if Rihanna isn't talented, her producers and her song-writers are.

Rihanna isn't that bad. In interviews when asked she's pretty open like saying "so and so wrote this song and he gave it to me 6 months ago blah blah blah". Everybody knows this, most people just don't care.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh dear, it seems someone has moved their attention to rihanna, expect lots of negative threads.;) still at least it gives beyonce a break, along with madonna before her.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if Rihanna moved, danced, sang etc. But all that hulk does is stomp around to other people's musicality while phoning in her vocals and claiming it as her own. And her sales rack up. Sad, really.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if Rihanna moved, danced, sang etc. But all that hulk does is stomp around to other people's musicality while phoning in her vocals and claiming it as her own. And her sales rack up. Sad, really.

She never claims it as her own though she doesn't go out there and go i wrote the entire thng and it was all my idea she is open and honest about her short comings. And she may not dance but she tours extensively and works hard even if she does just phone in her vocals she isn't exactly resting on her laurels. When all is said and done she releases a good slew of pop songs that peoiple like and enjoy and are under no illusion she is the second musical coming so where is the issue.
  • Options
    Jay_WallaceJay_Wallace Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    She never claims it as her own though she doesn't go out there and go i wrote the entire thng and it was all my idea she is open and honest about her short comings. And she may not dance but she tours extensively and works hard even if she does just phone in her vocals she isn't exactly resting on her laurels. When all is said and done she releases a good slew of pop songs that peoiple like and enjoy and are under no illusion she is the second musical coming so where is the issue.

Well said!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    its easy to write a song with meaning and depth nowadays isn't it? all you have to do is put in a few lines about having:D a party, having some drinks with your mates, and your still having a party and a good time NO 1 all over the place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!