Options

Tom Lister was written out!!!

xxstephiebabixxxxstephiebabixx Posts: 606
Forum Member
✭✭
im judging by this interview he didnt intend to leave on his own accord, what a shame ....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a431505/emmerdale-tom-lister-thrilled-with-carl-king-exit-plot.html

Comments

• Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes judging by that he definitely didnt choose to leave, very surprising he's been one of the best characters in years.
  • Options
    solace2008solace2008 Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much as I've loved Dominic Powers work as Cameron Murray in Emmerdale, I was hoping his character was going to get his comeuppance. But I reckon he will be the next to die - especially when Debbie finds out he's cheated on her with her aunt Chas Spencer.
  • Options
    topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed too normally it's a character who wants to leave but Tom being written out is very surprising as he's been one of Emmerdales best! Such a shame will miss him!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really annoying :mad:
  • Options
    LousianaLousiana Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel torn about this as there's no denying he was fantastic in the scenes tonight and Carl turning bad has been the only thing worth watching for recently but in the long term they have lost a fantastic character and actor of their own choice. It's a difficult one.

I don't know if tonight would've been as effective if they had killed off any other character, but I will miss him.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrendous decision by the producer. Really angry at him getting rid of one of the best actors and characters in the show. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just horrific :mad:
  • Options
    hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    You could tell Tom was disappointed to be going on the ITV2 show afterwards. I'm disappointed too :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww why did they choose him?!?! I thought he might have asked to be written out but that totally contradicts it!!!
  • Options
    stitcherjennystitcherjenny Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Such a shame, he was fantastic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Agree with everyone. Tom Lister - great great loss!! Why? Makes no sense to me:confused:
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,385
    Forum Member
    Subaloo wrote: »
    Agree with everyone. Tom Lister - great great loss!! Why? Makes no sense to me:confused:

So stuart can bring in more "urban" families. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im judging by this interview he didnt intend to leave on his own accord, what a shame ....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a431505/emmerdale-tom-lister-thrilled-with-carl-king-exit-plot.html

Well Stuart Blackburn has destroyed everything else dear in Emmerdale so why not kill off the best loved baddie of the dale. SB is a total IDIOT! I feel it has been his plan to ruin ED so it would never be a threat to his next venture as EP on Corrie!!!!!!

Furious he's killed Carl off, I would understand if Tom wanted to leave but I do not understand the THROWING away of an amazing and talented actor - SB = A TOTAL F'IN IDIOT!
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No Stuart is doing one and sodding off to Corrie so he thought he'd kill off the one good thing in ED!!!

I mean wtf is Jimmy going to do now???????

I give Jimmy a year in the show now, if that!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Thought "urban" was the in word on the z flops tear? Not emmerdale
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    It feels like a sacrifice to 'beef up' the live episode.

The 2 weddings and the 2 births was never going to be sufficent on their own.

I don't think the sacrifice was worth it.

However, any character that's committed murder in a soap is on borrowed time - they have to be seen to get their comeuppance.

That's now passed on to Cameron....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was Tom's decision (which clearly it wasn't) then I couldn't care less. If he wants to move on, that's his choice but when it's down to the producer, I get so annoyed at such stupid decisions.

Tom was one of Emmerdale's best actors and Carl was one of their best characters. He was also a character with lots of potential still left in him. So many directions his character could go in and lots of history with a lot of characters.

Why the hell would ANYONE even think about sacking actors who can act and characters that are brilliant? Baffling.

So angry at Stuart Blackburn. He's pissed me off so many times during his time at Emmerdale. I'm so glad he's going but it's far too late. Laurel and Carl have been ruined and killed. I will never forgive him :mad:

It's so frustrating to see such silly decisions being made and I'm really worried for Coronation Street now Blackburn is moving on but I'm delighted he'll be away from Emmerdale. Like I said, far too late but come on Emmerdale find another Gavin Blyth and get this show back on track!
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Yes judging by that he definitely didnt choose to leave, very surprising he's been one of the best characters in years.

I agree with you on that. I can think of far more worthy characters who should be axed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    The show has been ruined for me now, killing carl, ( after giving him a personality tansplant), ruining ashley, ruining chas ( she NEVER wouldve slept with debbies boyfriend), introducing the extremely irritating spencers, yobbit... I could go on..

RIP Emmerdale:(
  • Options
    3PS3PS Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did they have to ruin the Chas and Carl aspect I always thought they belonged together. All this so Chas and Cameron's secret stays abit longer.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I don't think losing such a major character was worth the sacrifice at all. Rotten decision IMO. Carl was a great character and there was a lot of life left in him.

I'm absolutely terrified about what SB will do to Corrie when he jumps ship now.
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt he murder his dad? I dont ever see soaps let characters get away with murder. (Stacey Slater being a exception)
  • Options
    dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt he murder his dad? I dont ever see soaps let characters get away with murder. (Stacey Slater being a exception)

ED

Zak - attempted murder of his son
    Louise - killed Ray, self defence. Never found out.

HO

Brendan, murdered his nana and also Danny.
    Teresa, murdered Calvin
    Silas, murdered a number of women, on the run from the law

Neighbours

Rebecca, attempted murder of her then husband, Paul. Got away with it.

Can't think of any more?! :confused:
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member

He just seems to want to bring in as many chav characters as possible and turn emmerdale into a council estate. I cant stand that horrible Spencer family, why couldnt they have been killed off if he wanted drama. First he gets rid of all the Bartons, then brings in the awful Spencers, he gives Aarron a rubbish ending, decides to turn Carl evil and then kill him off. I remember how fantastic the show was when Gavin Blyth was in charge and Stuart Blackburn wrecked it.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dequeen wrote: »
    ED

Zak - attempted murder of his son
    Louise - killed Ray, self defence. Never found out.

HO

Brendan, murdered his nana and also Danny.
    Teresa, murdered Calvin
    Silas, murdered a number of women, on the run from the law

Neighbours

Rebecca, attempted murder of her then husband, Paul. Got away with it.

Can't think of any more?! :confused:

EastEnders: Stacey, murdered Archie but escaped abroad.
    Coronation Street: Tracey, murdered Charlie but got released on a technicality.