Rickie Lambert Disappointed at England Snub - England Squad Question

12346»

Comments

• alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It hasn't turned in to dick waing from anyone.

I think with respect, it is (sic).

I see no reason why Lambert and Welbeck are assessed to be competing for a squad place any more than Carrick and Ashley Young, for instance. I don't know why its difficult to agree that both have excellent qualities to bring to a side.

If Lambert is being discussed within a generally balanced critique, I don't see why Southampton fans feel the need for a default "oh well Welbeck is so brilliant isn't he".

Predictable fan boy fare from what I am reading.

The Welbeck goal last night has absolutely zero bearing on Lambert's suitability for an England call up, which for the record, I think could be merited.
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Every season a, previously uncalled upon English striker has a decent season in the premier league, or even SPL, and there's demand for them to be called up to their national team. I can see why the manager would want to stick to more experienced players, but maybe a friendly is a good time to experiment with players looking for a full time place in the squad.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    I just don't see it. Put him in a big game against the Champions of Spain and honestly I'd be....Fergie, wheres Rickie Lambert?

He's dominating CBs every single week and banging in goals like only one other Englishman.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's dominating CBs every single week and banging in goals like only one other Englishman.

Dominating? I'd love to see him attempt to dominate a world class defence or an international class defence.

He's hardly been prolific. One more goal than Defoe and the same as Lampard and Walcott who've all played less games.

Those 3 all England Internationals of course. I don't see why someone with a handful of PL games and no European experience should get near the squad.

Why no Adam LeFondre? 1 less goal than prolific Lambert. He's an impact sub and there's no way any striker coming into England right now will be anything but a sub....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    I don't see why someone with a handful of PL games and no European experience should get near the squad.

Didn't Wayne Rooney start playing after just 20 something games and 4 or so goals for Everton with no European experience?
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a teenager being heavily tipped to lead England for years to come, yes. Slightly different scenario, you have to admit.