Death in Paradise - Series 2

Comments

• jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Richard's death will come when Camille finally snaps at his inability to read her body language.

The judge, after hearing about his obliviousness, said she did it in self-defence, tutting," MEN!"
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    I think Richard's death will come when Camille finally snaps at his inability to read her body language.

The judge, after hearing about his obliviousness, said she did it in self-defence, tutting," MEN!"

LOL!!! I have to say having watched the two series back I am surprised she hasn't pushed him over a cliff (in the name of unrequited love, of course!!)
    I would have had to slap him upside the head with a shovel by now!!!!
  • who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a shame Ben Miller is leaving, I only started watching the last series but really enjoyed it.
    It's hard to imagine a replacement...well I can imagine one person I could accept...Sergeant Jones from Midsomer has moved on and it's about time he got a promotion and patch of his own. :)

Still hopefully the Kris Marshall character will overlap a bit and it will work.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    Wench02 wrote: »
    Well I did post above that maybe they should have checked if the actors wanted to do another series before announcing a third series.
    Does any show ever do that?
    Read the rest of my posts... nowhere have I said that any previous episodes of DiP have been badly written.

I said that Miller's entrance will probably be badly written...
    That was my point. Given that the show does not have a history of being badly written there is therefore no evidence that it will be in future :)
    Nate was just being nice, there was no need to be rude...
    Good job I wasn't being then, isn't it? :rolleyes:
    Yes I agree with this - wouldnt say obsessed... however it's a good show the way it is.
    I assumed the :) would indicate that I wasn't being too serious.

Unfortunately, certain people seem to like to mis-interpret my posts and make out like I'm the bad guy.
    I think to change any of the four main characters would detract from the whole thing. The only ones that could perhaps be tampered with are the commissioner and Camille's mother.
    Some US shows have had cast changes which haven't affected my opinion of the show. I hope this one will be no different. But if I don't like the changes I'll stop watching. Simple as that :)
  • Ted MurrayTed Murray Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    It'll be like replacing Bruce Willis in Die Hard with Ricky Gervais.
    Forum Member
    Ted Murray wrote: »

LOL! But totally yes!:D
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes agree... I think there are different actors that would have been a better replacement than Kris Marshall...

The idea of Troy from Midsummer going out there is fantastic, and would be a better option!
  • Ted MurrayTed Murray Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    A new job for Gene Hunt?:D
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that would be better as well... In fact that could be quite funny.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member

Good job I wasn't being then, isn't it? :rolleyes:

I assumed the :) would indicate that I wasn't being too serious.

Unfortunately, certain people seem to like to mis-interpret my posts and make out like I'm the bad guy

I guess you and me have different definitions of rude. There was no need for time machine comment, Nate was just being polite, or the obsession comment either, maybe if you read the thread you would see a lot of it is tongue in cheek, 're: the pitchforks etc.

I will assume the second one is aimed at me? well all I can say is I speak as I find.. I don't "misinterpret" your posts, I know a snark when I see one.
    Forum Member
    A new job for Gene Hunt?:D

Ohhhhhh yes! Although would Dwayne like the cycle to be usurped by the Quattro?
    Forum Member
    RFS wrote: »
    Ohhhhhh yes! Although would Dwayne like the cycle to be usurped by the Quattro?

"Fire up the motorbike and side car" doesn't have quite the same ring to it :D

He would have to have a nickname for Camille, any ideas guys?
    Forum Member
    "Fire up the motorbike and side car" doesn't have quite the same ring to it :D

He would have to have a nickname for Camille, any ideas guys?

I just choked on my afternoon coffee picturing Richard coming up with anything remotely like "Bolly-knickers"....

Kipling (as in French Fancy)?

As you can see - THIS is why I eschewed a career as a screen writer for journalism!

There is a reason why I went for the Sports Journalism option and not Subbing and Production Journalism... I still remember the withering look I got from the teachers for my suggestion of a headline of "Run Bambi Run" for a piece I wrote about the danger park go-ers pose for deer in Richmond Park!!!
    Forum Member
    RFS wrote: »
    I just choked on my afternoon coffee picturing Richard coming up with anything remotely like "Bolly-knickers"....

Kipling (as in French Fancy)?

As you can see - THIS is why I eschewed a career as a screen writer for journalism!

There is a reason why I went for the Sports Journalism option and not Subbing and Production Journalism... I still remember the withering look I got from the teachers for my suggestion of a headline of "Run Bambi Run" for a piece I wrote about the danger park go-ers pose for deer in Richmond Park!!!

Loving the bambi headline:D

Liking Kipling too, just the sort of thing Gene Hunt would think of!
    Forum Member
    Loving the bambi headline:D

Liking Kipling too, just the sort of thing Gene Hunt would think of!

I KNOW my classmate who I set up Britwatch Sports with just rolls his eyes sometimes with some of my headlines! Then again he came up with a truly terrible play on "play it again sam" for a tennis tournament in Casablanca!
  • nic6nic6 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Ben Miller leaving the third series should be cancelled immediately and leave us with the cherished memories of the first two series..
    You cannot take out the star of the show and expect it to be the same.
    It's the on screen chemistry between Richard & Camille that makes the programme tick. :cry:
    Forum Member
    in totally unrelated news - the old codger who got bumped off in the Plantation episode at the beginning of Season 2 was on my tube last night - in almost exactly the same clothes as he had in the epidose (obvs without a machete to the back and bloodstains)!
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    nic6 wrote: »
    You cannot take out the star of the show and expect it to be the same.
    Really? Doctor Who ring any bells? ;)
    Forum Member
    Really? Doctor Who ring any bells? ;)

Slightly different though because regeneration is a vaguely plausible plot device in a sci-fi serialisation. Not so much in a real world scenario.

Humphrey will (as the doctors have) need to have his own little simply not work. But the presser at least indicates that he at least WANTS something new in his life.

That being said I know many fans who refused to watch after their fave doc had gone over the years!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sara Martins (Camille) sait que l'extrémité est près, elle est de se tenir le premier rôle d'une série à la TV française.

Sara Martins (Camille) knows the end is near, she is to star in a series on French TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuVhsBkpZFE
    Forum Member
    In a way I am pleased as it would be an implausible arc to have her transfer her affection to the new DI. Perhaps it widens the scope to bring in someone else for Humphrey's love interest!

From what I got from the interview - her character is involved in hi-tech espionage, family is important (maybe a family business) and her character is the straighter laced character to her comedic partner.

Then again she could have been describing her packing list for coming back from Guadeloupe!
    Forum Member
    Gary Carr (Fidel) is to join Downton Abbey as a recurring "character of colour"

http://www.atvtoday.co.uk/p30717-gary-carr/
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,733
    Forum Member
    I've never been able to stand Kris Marshall, so that's me out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rats deserting a sinking ship?
    At least I have the first two series well and truly archived.
    I can see the third series being scrapped before it begins, I hope it does, I would prefer it to go out on a high. :(
    Forum Member
    nic6 wrote: »
    Rats deserting a sinking ship?
    At least I have the first two series well and truly archived.
    I can see the third series being scrapped before it begins, I hope it does, I would prefer it to go out on a high. :(

Jumping the shark? Yes it looks like it ... But I cannot say I am surprised because the dynamic is so close. Especially after the second series. But you know, we'll see what happens... They may well bring in new faces (after all it is hard on Dwayne and Fidel to be ALWAYS on call - come on ... health and safety!!!!)