Am I the only woman who did not find Ben's bare chest attractive?

12346»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Ben, but don't like to see male dancers bare chested on Strictly one bit. I think men are much more attractive covered up because then you can use your imagination as to what lies beneath !!

My feelings exactly! I hate bare chests, on SCD or anywhere else, and when they're sweaty bare chests, well - ugh!
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    More research is needed... I didn't notice Aljaž was missed out too. :cool:
    Maybe it was too much for Bruce to manage all the syllables.

Half day?:cool:
    Late lunch break?:cool:
    Coffee break?:cool:
    Day off?:cool:
    Something else ...?:cool:
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheesy?

Chunky?

Chesty?

:D

Cheese for Halloween? :D You'll be attracting mice instead of ghouls.

How about Chornoy Chigvintsev (I don't know the right transliteration thingy but Black Chigvintsev would be suitably spooky)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Half day?:cool:
    Late lunch break?:cool:
    Coffee break?:cool:
    Day off?:cool:
    Something else ...?:cool:

Bog off, my friend :) Just a break. Going now. Ta!
    Forum Member
    Toothy Chigvintsev :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toothy Chigvintsev :cool:

Choppers Chigvintsev! You got it :D:D
    Forum Member
    Bog off, my friend :) Just a break. Going now. Ta!

:D:D:D
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Choppers Chigvintsev! You got it :D:D

Yes! Haha! Now Alijaz' turn...
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mind Louis' bare chest last year and I didn't mind Artem with an open shirt, but Ben's sweaty chest didn't make him look attractive to me. There are far more attractive men on Strictly who don't feel the need to strip off. I didn't think his paso deserved a 9 either, he still seems too wooden to me. I'd rather watch Ashley dance.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone notice? Every one of the Pros was given a Halloween sobriquet by Bruce apart from Artem. Killer Kovalev, Rancid Rihanoff etc. I wonder why Chiggy didn't have one... and what should it have been? It had to alliterate. :cool:

ETA, Ben's all right. Better without the glitter goo/grease ;)

Well i may be wrong but i think it is probably because Bruce can't pronounce Artems surname!... I thought that when he introduced them for their dance he said Natalie Guede and Artem.............
  • fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok i know i'm a bloke, so maybe not in the best of positions to tell..however i'm not afraid to say or notice when a guy is good looking...but i too as some others here have stated don't know what the fuss is about him. in terms of actual looks (ie. not size of his muscles) he's very average imo. in fact he's got your classic 'caveman' out of proportion shaped face..the small height forehead being the classic example. take a look at the photo of him next to ashley on the bbc 'strictly' website for example and you'll see what i mean.

i do think he's a great lovable guy though. you can tell he loves his family a lot. which is the important thing of course. but as we're talking 'looks' here I thought i'd chime in :)
  • *Venetia**Venetia* Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A man dancing topless would not make me vote for them unless I was going to vote for them anyway.
    Does anyone really?
  • DebDynamiteDebDynamite Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    mklass wrote: »
    Well i may be wrong but i think it is probably because Bruce can't pronounce Artems surname!... I thought that when he introduced them for their dance he said Natalie Guede and Artem.............

No, it was the announcer who introduces the dancers who was calling them the Halloween names just before they took to the floor.
  • dancerdaisydancerdaisy Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think that bens dance would have looked better if he had been wearing his jacket, I think that his frame and his lines would have looked more sculpted and defined the jacket would have created an optical illusion of sorts, just my opinion.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    Not all women like muscles.

Some women like their men soft and cuddly, like Big Boy Barry
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think that bens dance would have looked better if he had been wearing his jacket, I think that his frame and his lines would have looked more sculpted and defined the jacket would have created an optical illusion of sorts, just my opinion.

Not that Paso, nothing, not even Bacofoil could cover his bad top line, lack of hip thrust, i.e. Spanish line...
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone notice? Every one of the Pros was given a Halloween sobriquet by Bruce apart from Artem. Killer Kovalev, Rancid Rihanoff etc. I wonder why Chiggy didn't have one... and what should it have been? It had to alliterate. :cool:

ETA, Ben's all right. Better without the glitter goo/grease ;)
    No, it was the announcer who introduces the dancers who was calling them the Halloween names just before they took to the floor.

Ooh i was just going by what Pet Monkey had said!, i must admit i never noticed the name changes myself!.. probably because i kept fast forwarding all the practice sessions and chat before they all start their dances!...;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mklass wrote: »
    Ooh i was just going by what Pet Monkey had said!, i must admit i never noticed the name changes myself!.. probably because i kept fast forwarding all the practice sessions and chat before they all start their dances!...;)

I was using my memory and just assumed it was Brucey. Now I have led you astray :D

What would Aljaž's spooky name be?
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was using my memory and just assumed it was Brucey. Now I have led you astray :D
    What would Aljaž's spooky name be?

Abominable? Alarming? Appalling?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All good! Abominable sounds best. :D
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not all women like muscles.

Some women like their men soft and cuddly, like Big Boy Barry

Nice try Big Boy ;) Ben's chest was sweaty, pale & out of proportion - ewwww. Nice bloke and all but over marked & underdressed.
  • pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member

Indeed - it's always Alan Dedicoat who introduces the dancers (he does the same on DWTS & he's also the voice of the National Lottery). Not to be confused with: Peter Dickson, Marcus Bentley.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Dedicoat
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucy777 wrote: »
    Nice try Big Boy ;) Ben's chest was sweaty, pale & out of proportion - ewwww. Nice bloke and all but over marked & underdressed.

Not picking on you in particular, it's just that you give another example of something I've read a lot since Saturday... Anya's face was half skull, :eek: Ola had white pupils, :eek: Rachel's face was startlingly white... :eek: Why is Ben alone being held responsible for his make-up (all that glittery gunk on his chest)? It's as if people think that his chest is covered in sp--- [what Monkseal wrote] all of the time, instead of being that more deeply haired, flesh-coloured and gorgeous thing that it is.

(Really nice bloke though! Agree altogether with that :))
    Forum Member

Abominably sinful..... ???:D:D:D
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abominably sinful..... ???:D:D:D

Are we maybe talking 'original sin'? ;):D
    Not picking on you in particular, it's just that you give another example of something I've read a lot since Saturday... Anya's face was half skull, :eek: Ola had white pupils, :eek: Rachel's face was startlingly white... :eek: Why is Ben alone being held responsible for his make-up (all that glittery gunk on his chest)? It's as if people think that his chest is covered in sp--- [what Monkseal wrote] all of the time, instead of being that more deeply haired, flesh-coloured and gorgeous thing that it is.

It seems that some people have forgotten that Ben was the Ice King (and Kristina of course the Ice Queen). He was supposed to be pale. Is ice a tan or mahogany colour??? :rolleyes: