Options

The Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erinfan wrote: »
    I think it's frustration boiling over that he doesn't know how to bring her out of herself to improve her performance. He can teach her steps and choreograph nice routines, but he knows (especially as he gets told by the judges every week!) that's not the issue!

I think that's probably true. I know we don't know what passes between them in the training room, but I can't help feeling he's not being straight with her. He keeps telling her and us (and the judges :p) that it's all great with 'his girl', but clearly there are things that aren't working. Maybe he needs to be a bit tougher and less adoring :o. I like Sophie and feel frustrated that the thing that has always stood in her way isn't improving. (ETA ...and I mean her expression and performance not Brenda :D)
  • Options
    lateonelateone Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it really this easy?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's frustration boiling over that he doesn't know how to bring her out of herself to improve her performance. He can teach her steps and choreograph nice routines, but he knows (especially as he gets told by the judges every week!) that's not the issue!

It probably is that but I love Soupy calling him a 'petulant silly billy' all the same :D:D

*waves :)
  • Options
    OrkneySarahOrkneySarah Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What were their scores please?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lateone wrote: »
    Is it really this easy?
    Lol! .....and people make such a fuss over it ;) (but well done :p:D :cool:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I think that's probably true. I know we don't know what passes between them in the training room, but I can't help feeling he's not being straight with her. He keeps telling her and us (and the judges :p) that it's all great with 'his girl', but clearly there are things that aren't working. Maybe he needs to be a bit tougher and less adoring :o. I like Sophie and just feel frustrated that the thing that has always stood in her way isn't improving.

I thought it was one of her better dances but I don't think she could sustain the ethereal ice princess dancer. She seems very self conscious. The dress was just awful too. But she has a lovely figure. I am well jell!
  • Options
    Wrenny-24Wrenny-24 Posts: 9,373
    Forum Member
    Is it really this easy?

Yay!!! :cool::D and yes! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What were their scores please?

9 9 9 10 xx I think :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted - Wrenny's right
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrenny-24 wrote: »
    9 9 9 10 xx I think :o

Thank you Wrenny :) xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted - Wrenny's right

• Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    ErinfanErinfan Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Hi EF, do you have any initial thoughts on their Tango? I found it difficult to concentrate on the dance what with the music and camera cr*p!

Wrenny - I'm in typical me mode! I've got lots to say but don't know where to start.... especially as I'm useless and haven't actually posted properly about last week yet!! I'm always late with homework!!! ;)

Have to watch the dance again, but initial thoughts would be...

Convinced that wasn't Artem's music choice, as he uses music so much in his choreography and there was absolutely no scope to tell a story with that track. Looked very slick though... as expected for the ultra cool choreography of the Chigster!! ;)

I think there was plenty of drama and atmosphere in the dance, as they brought so much controlled energy and focus to the floor. Wondering whether it was actually the storytelling that Craig was missing. Especially as he looks at dances from a theatrical perspective and would be expecting a story behind the tango. Technical tango would surely have pleased Len's classic perspective though.

Packed with content - nice sequences and she brought so much to the dance, from great sustained flexing of the knees to fantastic staccato movements and creeping action of the walks.

Hasn't quite got the ballroom frame nailed for me yet, as she's a little too upright and not extended out away from him as much as she could be. If you want me to go to silly Craig lengths, at times I thought she slipped a little too far to his right which made their body contact harder to maintain. It's good though to see her have something to keep working on though IMO and let's be honest, she's mostly amazingly amazing! :):)

Couple of little technical things would have kept it at a 9 for me, but overall a very high standard Tango as you'd expect. Just a shame there wasn't more storytelling and scope for light and shade to make it a blockbuster dance for them. I definitely blame the music and the annoying camerawork more than anything though!! I shouted at the camera-criminal for cutting off their feet at times.

Just a few brief thoughts ;) haha! Would have to watch again though and may well scribble out all of the above when I do!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wrenny - I'm in typical me mode! I've got lots to say but don't know where to start.... especially as I'm useless and haven't actually posted properly about last week yet!! I'm always late with homework!!! ;)

Convinced that wasn't Artem's music choice, as he uses music so much in his choreography and there was absolutely no scope to tell a story with that track. Looked very slick though... as expected for the ultra cool choreography of the Chigster!! ;)

I think there was plenty of drama and atmosphere in the dance, as they brought so much controlled energy and focus to the floor. Wondering whether it was actually the storytelling that Craig was missing. Especially as he looks at dances from a theatrical perspective and would be expecting a story behind the tango. Technical tango would surely have pleased Len's classic perspective though.

Packed with content - nice sequences and she brought so much to the dance, from great sustained flexing of the knees to fantastic staccato movements and creeping action of the walks.

Hasn't quite got the ballroom frame nailed for me yet, as she's a little too upright and not extended out away from him as much as she could be. If you want me to go to silly Craig lengths, at times I thought she slipped a little too far to his right which made their body contact harder to maintain. It's good though to see her have something to keep working on though IMO and let's be honest, she's mostly amazingly amazing! :):)

Couple of little technical things would have kept it at a 9 for me, but overall a very high standard Tango as you'd expect. Just a shame there wasn't more storytelling and scope for light and shade to make it a blockbuster dance for them. I definitely blame the music and the annoying camerawork more than anything though!! I shouted at the camera-criminal for cutting of their feet at times.

Just a few brief thoughts ;) haha! Would have to watch again though and may well scribble out all of the above when I do!! :D

You're a complete star! Thank you! <3<3<3:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Couple of little technical things would have kept it at a 9 for me, but overall a very high standard Tango as you'd expect. Just a shame there wasn't more storytelling and scope for light and shade to make it a blockbuster dance for them. I definitely blame the music and the annoying camerawork more than anything though!! I shouted at the camera-criminal for cutting of their feet at times.

I love it when you submit your homework!
    Great to read :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark and Ben. Ben gone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mark and Ben. Ben gone
    God, that's a bit of a shocker! :eek: He must have majorly mucked up or something. I didn't think it was that bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, that's a bit of a shocker! :eek: He must have majorly mucked up or something. I didn't think it was that bad.
    Hmmm. I'm only shocked in the sense I thought Ben was pulling in the popular vote. It was the right bottom two and result for me.
    Just to clarify, this hasn't come from the 'officially appointed' spoiler person, but is from a longtime poster on DS. I guess it's always good to wait for a second source.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmm. I'm only shocked in the sense I thought Ben was pulling in the popular vote. It was the right bottom two and result for me.
    Just to clarify, this hasn't come from the 'officially appointed' spoiler person, but is from a longtime poster on DS. I guess it's always good to wait for a second source.
    If it's true, Kristina must be gutted. I think she has been more desperate to get through than Ben each week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's true, Kristina must be gutted. I think she has been more desperate to get through than Ben each week
    True. I rather think this had run its course for Ben and he might secretly be relieved ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting to hear from ML.
  • Options
    Mrs McKovalevMrs McKovalev Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    True. I rather think this had run its course for Ben and he might secretly be relieved ;)

True true!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still waiting to hear from ML.
    Thanks lateone :) T'will be good to get confirmation. Have put in spoiler tags as don't want to give anything away.
  • Options
    ClartemClartem Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tipi wrote: »
    Was just thinking the same....it was an ok rumba but just ok
    Jumping up and down waving
    I am, Wrenny, but letting a regular on the spoiler thread post it. Can't do with the ' who is this person? are they reliable?' rubbish. Also, internet a bit hit and miss in my part of the world at the moment.
    you are very very sensible.
    Just popping in.....rugby won on the TV.....and bliddy computer skipped Nat & Artem's marks. Can you help please? Pwetty, pwetty pwease ? ;)

KD sorry to hear about the teeth - the very worst pain so it is. ((HUGS)) gentle, of course...

Clarty, glad you saw your film Hope the 3D didn't cause motion sickness

Nina-S coffee hits screen moment, the image :pEdit Sorry Ninster you SNORTED it not splattered it!!

Tipi hello :) and Fridgey Quite agree with your comments about Sophie, it WAS pretty in a wafty, draughty :confused: sort of way.

Waving at everyone else.
    OS haven't seen gravity yet, someone else posted about it. I will go though, next week probably even if no English version.
    Would expect nothing less from an MI5 agent!! Have you been watching Strictly as well, or just generally spying on people??? ;)

Lovely to see you!! xx
    :D::D
    Tipi wrote: »
    I love it when you submit your homework!
    Great to read :)

Agree wholeheartedly Tipster.
    Our French neighbours have left after a successful soirée. Measured in no embarrassing moments, no silences and only person who got undercooked fish was OH :)
    Pear tart a success, but it did have a soggy bottom I am afraid:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, ML says Ben v Mark, Ben out. She's only just got out so I don't know how the other person got the news out 20 mins ago!