Options

Sawfeh and Maddeh

Comments

• Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its go to the point now where I hate the character of Sophie so much that even though she's Corrie history - she needs to go. I would prefer Rosie to return.

It seems Maddeh can't do no wrong in Sawpheeh's book, its the victims of her stealing that are in the wrong, as long as she gets her leg over.

A mixture of Sawpheeh whinging of 'Maddeh' over and over again, plus Fiz doing her simpering sympathetic voice has almost become a form of torture they could use on prisoners. Sure too drive them round the bend.

BiB : Sorry HdV but you've kinda crossed a line here. :o:o:o And let's face it, even if they did bring Rawzie back, they'd make Fiz her bff within 2 eps, so nothing to be gained. :(
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    The writers generally treat the viewers as fools who they don't care about. However, this ridiculous manipulation of characters has reached a new level of pathetic rubbish. However, they still don't care. An insult to the intelligence of anyone who is a single step up on the evolutionary scale from an amoeba at the bottom of a pond.

Screeching Sawphie Webster with her Gallagher Bros faux Manc accent chasing after her latest lezzie squeeze, it's what we all want to see innit?:o;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right ST, she is worse than dreadful, if ever a recast was needed it's her.

Why does she feel the need to say Madder's name in every sentence?
    It's just one of a million things she does that leaves me wanting to strangle some bugger.

"What are y'doing Madder, why would you do that Madder, me mam'll kick us out Madder, I don't get ya Madder, why do you act like this Madder?!"[/I

Somebody fetch me an extremely blunt instrument please.
    Failing that, just shoot me.

BANG!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maddeh doesn't have to prostitute herself to Sopheh to get a roof over her head, she has a home. Maddeh doesn't work, unless you can put thieving on your CV, so she should go home and look after her sick mother, and get her little brother out of care and look after him. Sopheh and Maddeh are possibly the most vile characters ever thought up by the writers. Even Karl the killer had his good points, these two have none..

Indeed. Vile. Both of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OldEnough wrote: »
    They're not my favourite characters but they're ten times more tolerable than Tina and Peter

Heterophobe!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Screeching Sawphie Webster with her Gallagher Bros faux Manc accent chasing after her latest lezzie squeeze, it's what we all want to see innit?:o;-)

Not sure there's anything 'faux' about it, (and btw when did we Brits suddenly start translating perfectly good English words into French? :confused:) Actress is a born and bred Audenshaw Manc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crazy fact that Sophie has been around for so long even though she is a terrible character.
    Also Maddie nicked her dads bag and she is like well you got it back...

as if. Black Cab for both of them.

That's because Sophie is a devout Christian and she cares for all those less fortunate than herself!;-)

A black cab? Sal should stick her and Maddie out for collection in a couple of black bin bags
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Not sure there's anything 'faux' about it, (and btw when did we Brits suddenly start translating perfectly good English words into French? :confused:) Actress is a born and bred Audenshaw Manc.

I think it was about the same time the born and bred Audenshaw 'actress' started using Gallagher Bros faux Manc!:p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was about the same time the born and bred Audenshaw 'actress' started using Gallagher Bros faux Manc!:p:D

But....but the Gallaghers are born and bred Mancs too. How can their accents be 'faux' (or as I prefer, 'false')? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But....but the Gallaghers are born and bred Mancs too. How can their accents be 'faux' (or as I prefer, 'false')? :p

I know that and they were born and bred nowhere near the born and bred Corrie 'actress'. Tyrone is another one with same stupid (as I prefer) faux Manc acccent as created by the Gallagher Bros and he doesn't come from anywhere said born and bred Corrie 'actress'.

Did any of the earlier Corrie characters/actors from the 60s/70s Gallagherise their language with the ridiculous over-emphasis of eh and oh sounds at the ends of their words?
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndreaMC wrote: »

Now it's about bizarre, damaged characters with unstable lives and car crash personalities and people who can't depend on their nearest and dearest and live in a permanent state of hysteria.

If this is the direction it's determined to head in, all hope is lost.
    They have lost the gentle humour in their rush to compete with Eastenders. Maybe they think that's what people want. Maybe it IS what people want.
    It doesn't make it more realistic though. Less in fact.
  • Options
    girlinstaticgirlinstatic Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maddeh doesn't have to prostitute herself to Sopheh to get a roof over her head, she has a home. Maddeh doesn't work, unless you can put thieving on your CV, so she should go home and look after her sick mother, and gett her her little brother out of care and look after him. Sopheh and Maddeh are possibly the most vile characters ever thought up by the writers. Even Karl the killer had his good points, these two have none..

We don't know enough about Maddie's background yet to be sure, but I don't think she is allowed to live with her mum let alone look after her, just like her brother isn't. The character is 17. I could be wrong, but that is what i've gathered so far.
    scone wrote: »
    I think she's addicted to stealing now, because she doesn't actually need to steal to eat anymore does she?

Old habits may indeed die hard. But then, she was doing a runner when she took the bag and would have been on the streets again.

I see perverted minds are still fixated on sex and seeing characters in the worst possible light. It's clear why Sophie is letting Maddie mess up and no it's not because she wants a leg over. The only way to help someone like Maddie is to be someone she can trust and to slowly prove her insecurities wrong over time. Being unforgiving of her mistakes and throwing her out, while understandable, would not help her one iota.

It would be incredibly hard not to shun her with some of the horrid things she's done and her attitude, but if you take a second to see through it, it's easy to see how she could be helped. They have shown that she does want to be accepted and is terrified of rejection. Be it from Sal, Kev coming back and judging her or Sophie herself. When she gets scared of being rejected she will take matters into her own hands, revert to horrid ways and flee before she is hurt. Rejecting her after that is the exact opposite of helping, despite the fact she may deserve it.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    I know that and they were born and bred nowhere near the born and bred Corrie 'actress'. Tyrone is another one with same stupid (as I prefer) faux Manc acccent as created by the Gallagher Bros and he doesn't come from anywhere said born and bred Corrie 'actress'.

Did any of the earlier Corrie characters/actors from the 60s/70s Gallagherise their language with the ridiculous over-emphasis of eh and oh sounds at the ends of their words?

I think Bet Lynch did. It always irritated me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Absolutely love the Gallagher brothers, no false accent there, just couple of Irish Catholic lads from Burnage who were accidentally pretty tidy at music.

One had a fantastic voice but couldn't even play the triangle, the other could make his guitar talk but had a voice that would send an Owl to sleep.
    I think that loon Pete Docherty once described them as a musical genius coupled with a town crier.

Together they made British music really cool again and reminded the drug-punch public that guitars & drums was still where it was at.
    Garage was somewhere where you should really park your car.

That said, they did encourage a whole generation to talk "Manchestaaar" and be perfectly "sawwwted," even if they did nick all of their material off the Beatles, and all of their stage presence & persona offa the Roses and Johnny Marr.

Uncle Q loved 'em & fought at many of their gigs.
    Great days. :)
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't know enough about Maddie's background yet to be sure, but I don't think she is allowed to live with her mum let alone look after her, just like her brother isn't. The character is 17. I could be wrong, but that is what i've gathered so far.

Old habits may indeed die hard. But then, she was doing a runner when she took the bag and would have been on the streets again.

I see perverted minds are still fixated on sex and seeing characters in the worst possible light. It's clear why Sophie is letting Maddie mess up and no it's not because she wants a leg over. The only way to help someone like Maddie is to be someone she can trust and to slowly prove her insecurities wrong over time. Being unforgiving of her mistakes and throwing her out, while understandable, would not help her one iota.

It would be incredibly hard not to shun her with some of the horrid things she's done and her attitude, but if you take a second to see through it, it's easy to see how she could be helped. They have shown that she does want to be accepted and is terrified of rejection. Be it from Sal, Kev coming back and judging her or Sophie herself. When she gets scared of being rejected she will take matters into her own hands, revert to horrid ways and flee before she is hurt. Rejecting her after that is the exact opposite of helping, despite the fact she may deserve it.
    A few years in juvenile detention would give Maddeh the help and guidance she needs; and Sopheh also.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIBs

Why isn't Maddie allowed to live with her mother?

Those OTT posts are quite simply a long-running joke. No-one has a perverted mind. If by chance you do actually see some perverse posts fixated on sex, just report them to the mods.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few years in juvenile detention would give Maddeh the help and guidance she needs; and Sopheh also.

You're a far better person than me Janet.

I was thinking a good crack with a baseball bat would have the same effect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely love the Gallagher brothers, no false accent there, just couple of Irish Catholic lads from Burnage who were accidentally pretty tidy at music.

One had a fantastic voice but couldn't even play the triangle, the other could make his guitar talk but had a voice that would send an Owl to sleep.
    I think that loon Pete Docherty once described them as a musical genius coupled with a town crier.

Together they made British music really cool again and reminded the drug-punch public that guitars & drums was still where it was at.
    Garage was somewhere where you should really park your car.

That said, they did encourage a whole generation to talk "Manchestaaar" and be perfectly "sawwwted," even if they did nick all of their material off the Beatles, and all of their stage presence & persona offa the Roses and Johnny Marr.

Uncle Q loved 'em & fought at many of their gigs.
    Great days. :)

BIB quite right UQ.

I used to work with someone who reckoned he worked with Oasis in their early days - before they were famous!
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but Sophie would want to help her even if she didn't fancy her, she said so, so it must be true...........................

Obviously,the many occasions on which sophie has succoured the old men of the homeless centre have been off-screen.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    BIB quite right UQ.

I used to work with someone who reckoned he worked with Oasis in their early days - before they were famous!

Maybe he did?......... Or is he known for being full of it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Obviously,the many occasions on which sophie has succoured the old men of the homeless centre have been off-screen.

Well tbf she did 'succour' Dennis, and very grateful he was too. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Sophie's been a bit pointless since she came out as a lesbian I think. Bar the hilarious scenes where Sally found her and Sian having sex, she hasn't done anything interesting.
    It's a shame really, because I think the actress is awful but does have a chemistry with her family and was quite a good crier when she came out to Rosie.
    Unfortunately, at 19, and with Sian and Rosie gone she doesn't serve any sort of purpose now.
    Always found it a shame too, since Sian had a far better actress playing her but wasn't given anything to do other than be with Sophie. I thought her parents seemed like quite promising characters too, like exaggerated versions of Kev and Sal.
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    You're a far better person than me Janet.

I was thinking a good crack with a baseball bat would have the same effect.

Let's not have any favouritism here - said baseball bat should be used on Sawfeh too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he did?......... Or is he known for being full of it[/QUOTE]

Not at all. He was a really nice person.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How many vulnerable, sad old men from the homeless shelter have you seen Sopheh running up the stairs with, giggling in anticipation of a sexual romp? This won't happen now as, having found her sex-mate, Sopheh's false Christian charity act at the shelter has been abandoned