Options

Elsie

molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wanted to thank all who have been so lovely over the death of our beautiful Molliepops and to let you all know we couldn't carry on as we were so Betty (Chihuahua) now has a new friend Elsie the yellow Labrador puppy. Not sure what she makes of her so far she is highly suspicious we have brought home a monster but they have had a play and are now comatose together on the sofa so I think all will go well :D

Comments

• Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    Just wanted to thank all who have been so lovely over the death of our beautiful Molliepops and to let you all know we couldn't carry on as we were so Betty (Chihuahua) now has a new friend Elsie the yellow Labrador puppy. Not sure what she makes of her so far she is highly suspicious we have brought home a monster but they have had a play and are now comatose together on the sofa so I think all will go well :D

Oh my, that was quick.
    Welcome to Elsie :)
  • Options
    abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done, mollie! So let's hear all the details! How old (a puppy, I know), where from, any pictures..? How was the first night? Where does she sleep? This is very exciting! :D

Nothing will make up for the loss of your beautiful molliepops but this will distract you and give Betty a new lease of life too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got her from breeder, she was last of her litter and she is 8 weeks old, she is big bouncy and loud :D She slept in a card board box with my old dressing gown last night next to the bed. When she is able to get on the bed she will be welcome up there with us but she has no coordination at the moment and bounced off the sofa last night so we felt it safer for her to be ground level while we all slept.

She gave us a surprise and slept from 10.30pm to 6.30am without a peep so we are bracing ourselves for tonight when she may just be less overawed and more vocal LOL

She has huge paws so thinking we may have a big girl, and she is very vocal either telling us she wants a cuddle or barking at the squeaky toys, Betty is doing a lot of huffing and looks at us as she is chased around as if we may have brought home a monster then they run past the other way with Betty in hot pursuit and she looks happy as larry.

:D
  • Options
    AbsolutelyAbsolutely Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like lots of fun. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is indeed. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is your new little dog doing then? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastically well, she is growing like a weed ! And life for her is just full of fun and joy. Don't need the TV on watching her and Betty (Chihuahua) playing ! They are sharing toys and wrestling which is teaching Elsie to be gentler and less bitey.

Learning not to mouth us and sits for her treats. Can open the fridge ! and is into everything :D

We are still a bit weepy over Mollie because looking at Elsie we know Mollie would have loved her so much it feels like she has missed out. But puppy snuggles help.

Only one problem she eats poop ! But we are working on that and hope to stop it when we can get her outside, but until she has her jabs we can't properly toilet train.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a nice read, thanks.
    I kept on thinking about you as some friends of ours got a new dog a few days after their old one died.
    Their puppy is cute too :)
  • Options
    UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really pleased she has settled in well and your other dog has taken to her too. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Betty was a little scared of her first couple of days but when she realised she could run rings round her (Elsie isn't very quick compared to a Chihuahua) she decided no danger and has been playing with her ever since. So much so we have to have time outs for them both to get their breath or they get over tired :D
  • Options
    itsy bitsyitsy bitsy Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awwwwww :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't figure out how to show you some piccies of them anyone know how ?
  • Options
    Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't figure out how to show you some piccies of them anyone know how ?

upload them to somewhere like flickr and paste the links here.

congratulations on your new baby :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have a go at that later, got to get them off my camera first - not the most technologically with it person I am afraid but I usually get there in the end.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have a go at that later, got to get them off my camera first - not the most technologically with it person I am afraid but I usually get there in the end.:p

I was going to ask for pics too.
    I have no idea how to upload pics either :)
  • Options
    callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh I didn't know about this, I've been missing the pets thread for a while. So sorry about Molliepops, you have my condolences.
    One of my girlies is called Molly and she's always been called Mollypops. She's 10 now, a lab/collie cross, lots of grey hairs and a few aches here and there, but that's just like me