Coronation Street Is Horrible, Terrible, Dreadful, Appalling, Unwatchable...

David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seriously, the whole thing just stinks worse than this horrendous Maddy character must do!

Horrible characters. Unbelievable storylines. No wit or humour. Just dreadful, dreadful, dreadful.

Steve, Lloyd, Michelle and that woman who I can't even be bothered to know what her name is - Dreadful.

The never-ending rubbish with nasty Phelan - Dreadful.

Tina/Peter - Dreadful.

And perhaps the worst of the lot, silly, fog-horn Sophie and this dingy down and out Maddy taking to the streets - Words fail.

Absolutely awful and probably the worst I can ever remember Coronation Street being.

Off button for me from now on until it starts picking up.

I'm sure this has been said ad-nausium on here in recent weeks, but I thought I'd add my two-pennith.

PS, can someone start a "FFS Get Rid Of Blackburn" thread? It's well known in the industry that DS has mystical powers with these "FFS Get Rid Of..." threads. ;)

Comments

• Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, the whole thing just stinks worse than this horrendous Maddy character must do!

Horrible characters. Unbelievable storylines. No wit or humour. Just dreadful, dreadful, dreadful.

Steve, Lloyd, Michelle and that woman who I can't even be bothered to know what her name is - Dreadful.

Tina/Peter - Dreadful.

And perhaps the worst of the lot, silly, fog-horn Sophie and this dingy down and out Maddy taking to the streets - Words fail.

Absolutely awful and probably the worst I can ever remember Coronation Street being.

I'm sure this has been said ad-nausium on here in recent weeks, but I thought I'd add my two-pennith.

PS, can someone start a "FFS Get Rid Of Blackburn" thread? It's well known in the industry that DS has mystical powers with these "FFS Get Rod Of..." threads. ;)

If that was the case then Holby City would not be saddled with Oliver Kent.
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tina/Peter - Dreadful.

PS, can someone start a "FFS Get Rid Of Blackburn" thread? It's well known in the industry that DS has mystical powers with these "FFS Get Rod Of..." threads. ;)

My advice to you is ...SEE A DOCTOR ......and quickly
  • casperfan2002@ycasperfan2002@y Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tina/Peter - Dreadful.

PS, can someone start a "FFS Get Rid Of Blackburn" thread? It's well known in the industry that DS has mystical powers with these "FFS Get Rid Of..." threads. ;)

Totally agree with you! I have watched Corrie for 35+ years and i can never remember it being as bad as this. Tonight's episodes were the worst i have ever seen-absolutley no redeeming features.

ITV need to step in now and stop the rot before viewers switch off for good-i actually cannot bear watching it at the moment-it is not the show we know and love-no characters, no humour and personality transplants to fit with lousy storylines (stalker Maria, Peter & Tina) and as for Squawky & Maddeh-does anybody care for these 2 miserable buggers!
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.

I have watched Corrie since the very beginning when I was a young child. I watched the very first episode when transmitted.

Blackburn has ruined it and made it almost unwatchable.

I used to be upset if I missed an episode, but now I don't care if I miss an episode.

The continuity with characters is appalling now. he changes the character of a cast member to suit the story-line.

Corrie is so unbelievable now.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Totally agree with you! I have watched Corrie for 35+ years and i can never remember it being as bad as this. Tonight's episodes were the worst i have ever seen-absolutley no redeeming features.

ITV need to step in now and stop the rot before viewers switch off for good-i actually cannot bear watching it at the moment-it is not the show we know and love-no characters, no humour and personality transplants to fit with lousy storylines (stalker Maria, Peter & Tina) and as for Squawky & Maddeh-does anybody care for these 2 miserable buggers!

I agree!Its really kicked in since autumn and Ive now switched off.
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never been much of a Corrie fan but did catch an episode earlier this week and couldn't believe how dire it was. I don't want to start another "my soap is better than your soap" debate, but it made me realise how far EastEnders has come in a few months.

Of course all soaps have their good and bad moments so I'm sure Corrie will pick up again soon.
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's dying a slow death and needs putting out of its misery.

It's had a great run but I think its gone way past its expiry date and is starting to stink.

They axed The Bill which was still good but had room for improvement but kept this.

Only good thing about it is the better scripted and 'acted' meerkats.
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calm down dears....It's only a TV programme ....it's not real....
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the Phelan storyline, its the Tina/Peter that's getting me down. And looking at the spoilers they get together again >:( Honestly Blackburn needs to go
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect only if they get rid of Blackburn!
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorrento wrote: »
    Calm down dears....It's only a TV programme ....it's not real....

Well my original post is partly tongue in cheek, but there is a serious point, which is that CS is really being run into the ground by TPTB at the moment/

I'd rather re-live Derek's Gnomes than see any more of Maddy and Fog Horn in the gutter, that's how bad it is. ;)
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member

Tina/Peter - Dreadful.

I agree with you. I have thought for quite a while now that Corrie is bad. I have been watching it from the start in 1960 and it is not the same soap nowadays. I knew that it would go downhill once Blackburn took over. He needs to go ASAP!!!
  • LucylashesLucylashes Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tina/Peter - Dreadful.

I completely agree with you too. There have been times in the past where I've thought it was a tad dull but at the moment it is just dire. The only tiny bit of respite is when Pat Phelan is on the screen. Finally-someone who can act!!
    The Maddy/Sophie thing is ludicrous and the "actress" playing Maddy is just cringey to watch, she's so bad. Also I just cannot wait for whingey, whiney Tina to sling her hook.
    But the piece de resistance of tonight's efforts? That dozy bint waking up and flinging her arms round Steve! Honestly...can it get any worse?
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it tonight and the ep thread was the funniest thread I've ever seen, so I'm more than happy. :)
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I loved it tonight and the ep thread was the funniest thread I've ever seen, so I'm more than happy. :)

:):):)
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same soap that's won hat trick of best soap awards this year 1 viewer award and 2 panel based.awards.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Same soap that's won hat trick of best soap awards this year 1 viewer award and 2 panel based.awards.

Award shows are just for popularity and plus there was the Hayley story pulling the show through.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no 1 soap though in terms of viewers. Heh I prefer EE but credit where credit is due it's holding up.EE is not closing the gap unfortunately.
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I don't mind the Phelan storyline, its the Tina/Peter that's getting me down. And looking at the spoilers they get together again >:( Honestly Blackburn needs to go

Same. The Phelan storyline is the only thing I can really bother watching at the moment. Peter/Tina and Sophie/Maddie are dreadful and I couldn't care less about dopey Steve and super bossy Michelle. I do still enjoy the Platts and strangely enough, because I usually don't care much for her, I've really grown to like Eva lately.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    The eppy threads are the only reason I watch Corrie these days. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Coronation street is getting a lof of negative response on facebook because of phelan story and maddie/sophie storyline
  • lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could not bear to watch it tonight with the Phelan circus of cruelty taking centre stage, together with petulant screecher & Maddeh. The Tina/Peter thing is going around in circles, and don't get me started on the Steve/Michelle thing - she needs a good slap. Oops not allowed to say that but ok to show her slapping Steve and pulling him along by his ear.

Corrie has too many unlikeable characters at moment, and too many stories centred on them and others who it is difficult to care about.:cry:
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Award shows are just for popularity and plus there was the Hayley story pulling the show through.

The panellist awards are voted for by experts who review soaps for the whole year not just six months.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    I agree with you. I have thought for quite a while now that Corrie is bad. I have been watching it from the start in 1960 and it is not the same soap nowadays. I knew that it would go downhill once Blackburn took over. He needs to go ASAP!!!

Completely agree I have turned off.

Stuart Blackburn has to go...it's that simple.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's dying a slow death and needs putting out of its misery.

It's had a great run but I think its gone way past its expiry date and is starting to stink.

They axed The Bill which was still good but had room for improvement but kept this.

Only good thing about it is the better scripted and 'acted' meerkats.

The Bill was intentionally sabotaged, they took a well performing show, gave it crap 'serious' makeover, changed its whole identity, and moved it from its traditional place in the schedule. It would have been very easy to fix The Bill, but ITV wanted to clear the 9pm slot, though why they werent more upfront about it, I'll never know.

On the topic of Corrie, SB only has a year left, the show will recover.