Options

Eamonn Holmes Sky News Weekend

occyoccy Posts: 65,151
Forum Member
✭✭
Just adjust your TV sets. Eamonn was on Friday and Saturday morning on Sky News. Stephen Dixon was on Monday - Thursday during the week.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's very lively and on form covering these two different days.
  • Options
    Phil043Phil043 Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Bit of a mess judging his co-presenters fashion perception. Sometimes he feels he has to talk (as he is paid to) but his brain is not in gear, difficult I know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loves females around him so he feels in control. Correct sometimes makes them feel uncomfortable. Gallery and producers probably laughing in his ear :-)
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He said it was for one week only, he does seem much more animated than usual,perhaps they put something in his Horlicks.....
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    He's very lively and on form covering these two different days.

I think so also, he looks like he may have been away in the sun on holiday with that tan on his face.
    Either that or to much make up.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Eammon but don't think him and Gillian are a good double act, she works with Dixon because he is so boring and laid back it doesn't take much to respond, but Eamonn feeds on a person who reacts to him.

Dixon is 40 in a few weeks expect weeks of being told about it and slipping it into to every conversation especially during the paper review.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I like Eammon but don't think him and Gillian are a good double act, she works with Dixon because he is so boring and laid back it doesn't take much to respond, but Eamonn feeds on a person who reacts to him.

Dixon is 40 in a few weeks expect weeks of being told about it and slipping it into to every conversation especially during the paper review.

He mentions his diabetes a lot.
    I like Stephen but my OH does not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He mentions his diabetes a lot.
    I like Stephen but my OH does not.

I have just got to the point where I can't watch Dixon for too long it's "Good to see you" and that laid back "smoking jacket, glass of wine, cigar in a rocking chair" style presenting he does.

I expect him to say "100 people killed in an explosion but hey! it's the weekend, relax, chill and look at the papers, don't worry about it".

Much prefer Eammon's presenting style.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Steven's greatest blunder:

http://youtu.be/ErbfpL5zOPQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Robin handled that well.
    I recall that time when the Bee Gees walked off a show with Clive Anderson, now that was funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My favourite TV moment with a younger and slimmer Eamonn in fear of his life:

http://youtu.be/KFTnap4wfeM
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And what's yours? And would you really want to be reminded about it for the rest of your life?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    And what's yours? And would you really want to be reminded about it for the rest of your life?

Are you Eamonn Holmes then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when Stephen was interviewing Graham Stanier and he walked out half way through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vIS1-aSiSw
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How anyone can watch a breakfast programme with Steve Dixon presenting is beyond me. Soo dreary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eammon is just great today when he is on form he is brilliant, love the "my wife talks to the satnav" antidote.

He is firing off the two paper reviewers really well today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was he on Sunday too? Is he off the rest of the week or just doing This Morning?
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Was he on Sunday too? Is he off the rest of the week or just doing This Morning?

Yes, he was on today. If he had a decent sidekick, I would watch more often. It's like the rest of the team lets him down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Yes, he was on today. If he had a decent sidekick, I would watch more often. It's like the rest of the team lets him down.

As I said Gillian isn't right for him but he managed to use Iain Lee well to feed off in the paper review.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was in today as well. Must have been given some a weekend off. I see DJ Mike Read was on this morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pistorius trial has saved him some lee way this week as I think he's doing This Morning and leave SKY early.
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    JordyD wrote: »

I only came across him being on on a Sunday because the BBC had the marathon on.

I just assumed that he was always there. It did think it a bit odd though.
  • Options
    corriandercorriander Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    While Holmes is probably a superior presenter, Dixon is a superior journalist. Beneath the friendly, bland exterior is a guy who knows his stuff.:)
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On again this morning, is he going for some sort of record ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was off Monday - Thursday last week with Stephen in. He's doing This Morning too this week. So guess let Stephen have time off and Eamonn off Easter. Probably also covered for a lot who havnt had time off too recently as he gets time off with his other commitments. That's in his contract before anyone moans.