Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Everton have the tougher run-in but that has to be balanced out by the fact that Arsenal's legs and heads just seem to be gone. I'd be surprised if it was settled either way before the last day.
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Klopp could be tempted to join us.

The best option all-round would be for Wenger to win the FA Cup and then resign.
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »

The best option all-round would be for Wenger to win the FA Cup and then resign.

That's what we can hang onto now. Trouble is I can see winning the cup will mean he signs for another 3 yrs.
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed. I am grateful for Wenger for the invincible period and the trophies of a decade ago but he has lost steam. The FA Cup would be great for him to go out on and manage France.

Being overtaken by moneybags Citeh and Chelski is understandable and I could live with 3rd or 4th. But being overtaken and hammered by Liverpool and Everton both with newish managers is unacceptable.

I vote for Laudrup or Viera (maybe both) to come in now as understudy for the run-in.

I couldn't give a *** about winning the FA Cup against Hull. It doesn't compare with the shame of falling behind Liverpool and now Everton in just six games.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I am grateful for Wenger for the invincible period and the trophies of a decade ago but he has lost steam. The FA Cup would be great for him to go out on and manage France.

Being overtaken by moneybags Citeh and Chelski is understandable and I could live with 3rd or 4th. But being overtaken by Liverpool and Everton both with newish managers is unacceptable.

I vote for Laudrup or Viera (maybe both) to come in now as understudy for the run-in.

I couldn't give a *** about winning the FA Cup against Hull. It doesn't compare with the shame of falling behind Liverpool and now Everton in just six games.

Not having that. Winning anything is massive after so many years.
    But this has to be the end for Wenger -no more talk of new contracts surely.
    It's over, anybody with a shred of sense knows it, he has nothing left to offer Arsenal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Not having that. Winning anything is massive after so many years.
    But this has to be the end for Wenger -no more talk of new contracts surely.
    It's over, anybody with a shred of sense knows it, he has nothing left to offer Arsenal.

The problem is the decision has to come from Wenger himself (which I think is a disgrace from a club as big as Arsenal, but that is what it has come to).

I think if we lose he may stay on in order to leave on a 'high'. If we win he might think this is the best stage to step down.

Then hopefully Klopp might be persuaded to join.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is the decision has to come from Wenger himself (which I think is a disgrace from a club as big as Arsenal, but that is what it has come to).

I think if we lose he may stay on in order to leave on a 'high'. If we win he might think this is the best stage to step down.

Then hopefully Klopp might be persuaded to join.

Will Klopp (or similar) come without Champions League football or a commitment to spend to get there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Klopp (or similar) come without Champions League football or a commitment to spend to get there.

I think so, if they are convinced that they have a chance of properly investing in the team and therefore winning the title next season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ‘The important thing now is to get fourth place back because when you don’t play in the Champions League, it’s a disaster,’ admitted Lukas Podolski.

source; Arsenal's mission to avert a 'disaster' as Gunners focus on fourth after semi-final win

I couldn't agree more.
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member

The same way its a disaster for Liverpool not playing in the CL. Sitting pretty on top of the league managing to keep hold of their best players.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    DavidT wrote: »

Nor did the crowd, judging by the boos that reigned out - although Podolski didn't play that well, most people were stunned Sanogo wasn't taken off as he stunk the place out.
    Forum Member

I think it's a shame some people feel this way - I'm delighted we're in the final myself :confused:

Maybe the prospect of a few years in the doldrums will finally persuade Wenger to leave with dignity.
  • wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    satellite wrote: »
    I think it's a shame some people feel this way - I'm delighted we're in the final myself :confused:

Maybe the prospect of a few years in the doldrums will finally persuade Wenger to leave with dignity.

I would love it if we won the cup
  • BeanybunBeanybun Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently we have an allocation of just 25,000 tickets for the final, which with a season ticket roster of 45,000 is going to leave an awful lot of peed off fans. Oh joy...
    Forum Member
    Beanybun wrote: »
    Apparently we have an allocation of just 25,000 tickets for the final, which with a season ticket roster of 45,000 is going to leave an awful lot of peed off fans. Oh joy...

I'm not surprised, that was my OH's estimation. A lot will go to Corporates unfortunately.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beanybun wrote: »

The FA do this every year and it stinks! There will be 40,000 people inside that ground who have no right to be there and then people wonder why there's no atmosphere. I'm seeing stuff on she wore saying the club will show the game on big screens in the ground but no doubt they'll look to make a few quid out of it.>:(

I still don't get this we have to finish top 4 above all else, I truly don't. May 17th is the biggest date this club has had in years, everything else is just meh.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »

Maybe he should not be ineffective for 70 mins and would get more games. Another one who needs to be sold.

Even Berti Vogts and others have said how Lazy he is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think so, if they are convinced that they have a chance of properly investing in the team and therefore winning the title next season.

Not a chance Klopp is a hero in Dortmund, no way would he leave them to come to us especially if we are not in the CL

Being overtaken by moneybags Citeh and Chelski is understandable and I could live with 3rd or 4th. But being overtaken and hammered by Liverpool and Everton both with newish managers is unacceptable.

We have not been overtaken by Everton, they still have a harder run in then us and i expect us to get 4th. Lets start by beating the hammers and hope Utd do us a favour on Sunday.

Liverpool I agree was a disgrace considering where they were and where we are. However i think they have been lucky in the last part of the year to focus on the league and the league only.

Us playing in the CL and Fa cup you can see really affected the league form, it will be interesting to see how pool or Everton do if they get in the Cl next season.

I think Laudrup will be the man we get, He is free has great contacts and players will want to play for him and he can do it in the EL.

We won't get a Klopp or Simoane, People need to remember who our board are and what they care about.

Just because Wenger goes don't mean we would get a top manager unless we get a new board and a owner who cares for this club.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    satellite wrote: »

Don't think it will hurt for one year as long as we get back in it a year later. I do agree Winning the club will be massive though, weather we'd go one to win another cup is a different issue.

Though i can see the media have started with how bad it is if we don't get top 4 and even if we win the cup.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by yesterday's press conference it seems we'll have to see which XI rocks up tonight however we should still have too much for West Ham. I'm taking my 10 year old to her 1st night game and to say she's excited is an understatement!
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I don't think we can afford to drop a single point.

Everton are on a great end of season run and I expect it to continue. If we don't get maximum points from all of our remaining games I think they'll pip us to 4th.
    Forum Member
    Tel69 wrote: »
    Judging by yesterday's press conference it seems we'll have to see which XI rocks up tonight however we should still have too much for West Ham. I'm taking my 10 year old to her 1st night game and to say she's excited is an understatement!

Seems your little one is a proper Gooner :). I hope she enjoys tonight, and we win of course - it's always a bonus to beat the Walrus.
    Forum Member
    We have not been overtaken by Everton, they still have a harder run in then us and i expect us to get 4th. Lets start by beating the hammers and hope Utd do us a favour on Sunday.

Liverpool I agree was a disgrace considering where they were and where we are. However i think they have been lucky in the last part of the year to focus on the league and the league only.

Us playing in the CL and Fa cup you can see really affected the league form, it will be interesting to see how pool or Everton do if they get in the Cl next season.

You see, we should never be in the position of hoping other teams will do us a favour, but this happens almost every season - especially as we've been sitting top of the league for much of the time :(

I don't think Liverpool will have a problem handling all the tournaments next season - they're old hands at it don't forget. Everton will be interesting though, but good to see someone different I think.

We'd better pull our fingers out, as if we don't we could, in theory, end up behind Tottenham and maybe even Man U if they pick up :o
This discussion has been closed.