Fifa World Cup 2014 (Out17th April)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,740
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone getting the game on the 17th? anyone one else played the demo? opinions?

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds a con over just having fifa14 so no from me. They could easily add a wc mode to existing game if they wanted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloaded it on Xbox 360 thought the gameplay was really fast the passing could have been tighter but it played well. Just wish it wasn't a full price release that's a bit much from EA but what do we expect. Saying that as a massive football fan I might have to pick it up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Sounds a con over just having fifa14 so no from me. They could easily add a wc mode to existing game if they wanted

Everything about this post is completely wrong as someone points out in every FIFA thread

First off look at how shoddy and crappy the euro 2012 game was, now that was a con

Second there are significant difference between FIFA 10, World Cup 2010 and FIFA 11, why wouldn't the same be true here
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've pre-ordered, Fifa World Cup 2010 was superb and very different gameplay wise from Fifa10 & Fifa11.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    better than fifa 14, but still worse than pes 2014(which is bad itself)

dark time for footy gaming.
  • SSL2010SSL2010 Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pre ordered, the demo felt bit more slicker and improved then fifa 14.

I expect the full version to play considerably better then fifa 14. Much like the wc2010 game outplayed fifa 10 and 11.

The details, music and menus all looked fab, really adds that party wc atmosphere.

I'll be selling fifa 14 this weekend and just playing the wc game until fifa 15 comes out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SSL2010 wrote: »
    Pre ordered, the demo felt bit more slicker and improved then fifa 14.

I expect the full version to play considerably better then fifa 14. Much like the wc2010 game outplayed fifa 10 and 11.

The details, music and menus all looked fab, really adds that party wc atmosphere.

I'll be selling fifa 14 this weekend and just playing the wc game until fifa 15 comes out.

dont you find the passing on rails unrelaistic? and the ball speed to boot?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the passing unrealistic something PES has improved upon. It felt a bit to predictable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The demo seemed ok I liked the presentation side of things, will hold off judgement until I play the full version on Thursday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    I found the passing unrealistic something PES has improved upon. It felt a bit to predictable.

yeah there is no satisfaction to playing fifa series. but whilst it has official licenses it will always sell well.
  • THFC23THFC23 Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    How popular is this? I will be picking it up but don't know if its worth pre ordering
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Everything about this post is completely wrong as someone points out in every FIFA thread

Fine. Thats your opinion and that's mine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't blame EA for releasing an official world cup game that will sell in the bucket load. My problem is the full price tag of £39.99 I would think a £29.99 would have been a bit more acceptable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Played the demo. It's very ugly in-game imho, definitely a step back from FIFA 13 and 14. But in play it's OK. Nice ball physics over recent FIFA's. But overall I find it hard to get excited about. All the players move the same, they all look the same, they make the same passing movements etc, have the same animations, but with only a player-lookalike death mask to separate them.

FIFA has become a great football game the last couple of years imo. I'm still playing 13 regularly, and still find lots to love about it. Didn't buy 14 but the demo showed a game definitely finding it's stride. This World Cup game feels a step back from that to me, though I suppose it's more of a casual title than the usual FIFA releases. At £17.99 day one I would have bought it, but £39.99? Not a chance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh its not even out for our new gen ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Oh its not even out for our new gen ?

PS3 and Xbox 360 only.
  • ComedykevComedykev Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a JCB in sight.... not very realistic is it. :D
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not too fussed about online FIFA, so I usually pick up the previous year's version for a few quid once the current edition comes out.

You'll be able to get this game quite cheaply in a few months, so it's probably best to wait in my opinion instead of paying full price.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedykev wrote: »
    Not a JCB in sight.... not very realistic is it. :D

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not too fussed about online FIFA, so I usually pick up the previous year's version for a few quid once the current edition comes out.

You'll be able to get this game quite cheaply in a few months, so it's probably best to wait in my opinion instead of paying full price.

With World Cup 2010 and i could be remember wrong but it felt like ages before it fell to sub £20, I might get this near launch so rather selfishly I'm hoping it won't drop for ages as well
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually feel a bit sorry for EA, there is a massive thirst for football games, people buy them year after year. But EA get flack for churning out the same stuff every year, to me there is very limited scope when making footy games, you can't make a footy pitch or stadium look any different to what they are. I suppose they try and tweak the game play and sometimes get it wrong, I guess they're trying to make each Fifa feel unique? Doesn't always work though I guess from reading some comments.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually feel a bit sorry for EA, there is a massive thirst for football games, people buy them year after year. But EA get flack for churning out the same stuff every year, to me there is very limited scope when making footy games, you can't make a footy pitch or stadium look any different to what they are. I suppose they try and tweak the game play and sometimes get it wrong, I guess they're trying to make each Fifa feel unique? Doesn't always work though I guess from reading some comments.

Aww, poor EA...
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whilst I don't feel sorry for EA, I agree with your points.

I put hundreds of hours into FIFA every year and they all play differently, the small changes are very noticeable.

On the topic of the World Cup game though, I won't be buying that as I don't feel it deserves a full price tag (just like any other tournament based football game) and it plays like shit compared to FIFA 14 on PS4. I can't go back to that. The PS3 isn't the problem, it's the game.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Aww, poor EA...

no need for sarcasm :D