Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    If you look at the pictures it would e quite a narrow space for him to negotiate and he asked OP a number of times to verify where he placed the fans. The position of the duvet would have made this a difficult route for him-especially in the dark. Remember, it was OP that was emphatic that the duvet wasn't on the floor-it would e his word against the State's until the blood splatter was shown. That was conclusive proof that the police hadn't moved the duvet.

Sorry, Hesty, I think I must be misunderstanding what you're trying to say. What I am saying is:-

- Its the prosecution's case that OP did go to the balcony and shout help, help, help. Their witness Dr Stipp confirms it.
    - It can't also be their case that the balcony doors were obstructed by a fan or that the path was obstructed by a duvet.

I believe the questioning over fan and duvet was just to try to throw him off course.
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »

Thank you for posting that francie.
    I was looking for that clip earlier and couldn't locate it.......not for Stander's wife's comment (although it was interesting) but because it has the altercation between Roux and Nel which indicates that it is the state's case that the bat came before the shots.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    How on earth did they expect to keep a murder from the media? :o .. and why would they want to? (I mean .. obviously OP would want to but why would the rest of them?) Were they worried about it being bad for business? Goodness .. when someone dies out there .. does everyone automatically think of themselves? >:(

Does seem a very strange thing to say....
  • Options
    Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

at 9.48 judge is scribbling away whilst not looking at the paper shes writing on

:D
    soz
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Are you referring to Dr. Stipp? He states in his testimony he heard more bangs whilst he was on the phone, not after his call. All the other calls are after the 2nd set of bangs.
    [B]03:17 (-1 to 2 mins)[/B]Mrs  Stipp hears further bangs while husband on the phone.
    [B]03:15:51 [/B]Dr Stipp makes 3 calls in attempt to get help
    [B]03:16:13[/B] Mr. Ntlengethura, neighbour phones security (new defence)
    [B]03:16:36[/B] Mr. Ntlengethura, another neighbour phones security
    [B]03:17 [/B] Burger / Johnson call their security
    [B]03:??[/B] Van Der Merwes phone security

Dr Stipp had made failed calls before he at last spoke to security.
    Some of those times above may be correct - although I have it in mind that Johnson's was slightly sooner than 3:17 (I do recall it lasted 58 seconds).

The point is, all were reporting the first set of bangs which they were sure were gunshots, and the screaming and shouting that followed them. They all then heard the second set of sounds (which they thought were gunshots again), after which it went quiet.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cg_Evans wrote: »
    at 9.48 judge is scribbling away whilst not looking at the paper shes writing on

soz

Playing Hangman? :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    col281 wrote: »
    So we will doubtless be regaled when the court sits again with endless loops of the lovely Oscar screaming his head off in an attempt to sound like a teenage girl at a boy band concert.

Because if those screams were of a real woman (Reeva), Oscar is in deep doggie do-dos.

Yes, the case rests upon whose screams were heard between the two sets of bangs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

soz

She is probably moonlighting as the court artist and was trying to get a likeness of Nel's pout,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    Thank you for posting that francie.
    I was looking for that clip earlier and couldn't locate it.......not for Stander's wife's comment (although it was interesting) but because it has the altercation between Roux and Nel which indicates that it is the state's case that the bat came before the shots.

You're welcome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, Hesty, I think I must be misunderstanding what you're trying to say. What I am saying is:-

- Its the prosecution's case that OP did go to the balcony and shout help, help, help. Their witness Dr Stipp confirms it.
    - It can't also be their case that the balcony doors were obstructed by a fan or that the path was obstructed by a duvet.

I believe the questioning over fan and duvet was just to try to throw him off course.
    I think it's me not making myself very clear!!! I'll try again :
    OP's version means that he'd have had to negotiate the fans and duvet in the dark, on his stumps and when panicking.
    The prosecution is agreeing that he went to the balcony to yell for help, but their saying he wasn't in a panicked state, light was possibly on, might have had legs on and the fans might not have been positioned in his way at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Better than my suggestion :)
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

Oscar went over the bed to reach the curtains, not round it. The prosecution case is that the curtains were never closed. He could have reached round the fan to slide the door back (if it was ever closed). The duvet was on the floor as proved by the pattern of the blood spatter.
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am getting fed up with the fan-eing about, and wondering what the magazines in the rack have to say, all I know is, when in a state of emergency I would phone 999/911, not fumble around in the dark with a cocked gun full of deadly bullets because I heard a noise in the night!
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a psychologuist, but that was exactly my thought. His emotional display is set on one frequency. he switches it on the whole time as he can't fake how a person who was really upset would behave. He thinks that talking as though he's on the edge of tears all the time conveys remorse. It doesn't. It's just irritating to listen to.

absolutely and that VT was SPOT ON about what he did, the whining crying voice he did - and hearing from someone who knew what to look for who was actually looking at OP the entire trial, confirms that that voice was no doubt more 'fear' being up on that Stand than his remorse and upset at having shot Reeva - She says he didn't shed any tears or show the physiological signals, signs and emotion that is conducive with someone telling the truth basically !

Many on here thought his voice chopped and changed depending upon what questions Nel put to him - and even Nel saw it too - as he kept asking him "why are you emotional now ? " hmmm OP reeked of looking like a liar in that Court, not only sounding like one !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better than my suggestion :)

Oh I don't know, being female means she can multi-task with aplomb;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it's me not making myself very clear!!! I'll try again :
    OP's version means that he'd have had to negotiate the fans and duvet in the dark, on his stumps and when panicking.
    The prosecution is agreeing that he went to the balcony to yell for help, but their saying he wasn't in a panicked state, light was possibly on, might have had legs on and the fans might not have been positioned in his way at all.

Sorry, perhaps its me, but I'm still not with you :blush:

BIB. Nel spent hours trying to tell OP that the fans were in his way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Oscar went over the bed to reach the curtains, not round it. The prosecution case is that the curtains were never closed. He could have reached round the fan to slide the door back (if it was ever closed). The duvet was on the floor as proved by the pattern of the blood spatter.

I'm referring to time when he called for help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is probably moonlighting as the court artist and was trying to get a likeness of Nel's pout,

LOL.... As you were

before the trial started alex crawford was in the court and was pointing out who was going to be sitting where and the chair on the left she said was going to be the judges chair with the two to the right the helpers (forget what they are officially called)

When the trial started I saw the voluptuous dark longhaired woman sitting in the left getting out her diamante encrusted clutchbag and mirror or something like that and had all this nice jewellery on and was thinking what???

Dunno why I posted that, just remembered
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »
    I am getting fed up with the fan-eing about, and wondering what the magazines in the rack have to say, all I know is, when in a state of emergency I would phone 999/911, not fumble around in the dark with a cocked gun full of deadly bullets because I heard a noise in the night!

My loved one(s) and I would be spitting up gravel getting out of that bedroom door, but that's just me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »

He said he went over the bed, and Nel then asked him why he was feeling around in the bed if he had told Reeva to get down, surely he would have felt around on the floor.
    Oscar then said he knew she wasn't on the floor because he would have felt her when he was moving round the bed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said, in all that time no one called police or ambulance either for an intruder or Reeva...big big red flag
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL.... As you were

before the trial started alex crawford was in the court and was pointing out who was going to be sitting where and the chair on the left she said was going to be the judges chair with the two to the right the helpers (forget what they are officially called)

When the trial started I saw the voluptuous dark longhaired woman sitting in the left getting out her diamante encrusted clutchbag and mirror or something like that and had all this nice jewellery on and was thinking what???

Dunno why I posted that, just remembered

Made me think of HRH / Spitting Image. :)
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be wrong (I often am) but I am sure (almost) that he phoned a friend and said he had killed his 'baba'...

Just googled.....http://news.sky.com/story/1053249/pistorius-told-friend-ive-killed-my-baba

oh yes I remember reading that, he phoned his 'friend', (he rang the friend down the road Mr Stander FIRST though) ..you're referring to his friend Justin Devaris, - who he phoned after Standers, after Netcare,after Security, after Brother, Uncle, Lawyer (think brother phoned Lawyer for him), and his coach (if remembering correctly) and then Justin , his friend
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, perhaps its me, but I'm still not with you :blush:

BIB. Nel spent hours trying to tell OP that the fans were in his way.[/QUOTE]

Yes....Nel was emphasising that OP's version was improbable because for his version to be true the fans must have been in the way. In which case OP would have surely remember either umping into the fans or tripping on the duvet...he didn't recall either.
    Do you not think the blood trail on duvet and carpet is damning then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Made me think of HRH / Spitting Image. :)

sandy50 wrote: »
    oh yes I remember reading that, he phoned his 'friend', (he rang the friend down the road Mr Stander FIRST though) ..you're referring to his friend Justin Devaris, - who he phoned after Standers, after Netcare,after Security, after Brother, Uncle, Lawyer (think brother phoned Lawyer for him), and his coach (if remembering correctly) and then Justin , his friend

Is that normal? Ringing friends neighbours and bloody lawyers before 911???

what the........

surprised he didnt ring his pr agent too pdq
This discussion has been closed.