Favourite Sir Bruce moment.

Right, there have been lots of strictly moments (and moments from his previous work) that have made us remember Bruce.
But what is it that makes him a household name/ Do you have a favourite Brucie moment?
Mine has got to have been when he showed Mcfly off the stage after Harry won! But what is yours?

Comments

• Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    My favourite moments were the weeks he wasn't in the show.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Jelly Wallace" and "Dave" Bussell.

:D
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    Bruce dancing next to Holly Valance at rehearsals when Artem was ill, helping her to block out her routine with the camera guys with no pro to help out.

Covering up Chelsea Healey when her (first) wardrobe malfunction occurred, and she thought she had exposed herself on TV.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he annouced his retirement from the show and the Brucie free shows
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thinking hard ...
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused::confused::confused:

:p
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    All the moments he wasn't on our screens
  • CranfieldCranfield Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    I have been thinking about this constantly since 1909 yesterday and I still haven't thought of any favourite Brucie moments.

No doubt I will miss him when he's gone, a bit like you might miss a migraine, or a particularly agressive boil.
  • Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Bruce dancing next to Holly Valance at rehearsals when Artem was ill, helping her to block out her routine with the camera guys with no pro to help out.

Covering up Chelsea Healey when her (first) wardrobe malfunction occurred, and she thought she had exposed herself on TV.

Snap,straight of the top of my head I picked the same 2 moments
  • DigiPalDigiPal Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Karen Hardy and Mark Ramprakash got their mic leads tangled, stopped the dance, a runner ran on, and Sir Bruce handled it perfectly!!!
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    DigiPal wrote: »
    When Karen Hardy and Mark Ramprakash got their mic leads tangled, stopped the dance, a runner ran on, and Sir Bruce handled it perfectly!!!

No he didn't!

The girl had untangled the lead and was trying to run off again when the old buffoon ran on grabbed her and danced with her. The poor girl looked really embarrassed and like she wanted the ground to open up and swallow her.

His actions made the whole incident last twice as long as it needed to - and had he been wearing an earpiece he would have known to not interfere as much as he did.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't he just and it's made me smile again thinking about it. Mark Ramprakash seems to have thought so too as he wrote about it in what can only be decribed as glowing terms in his memoirs.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww, you guys are harsh :( .

Uhmm....let me think a little bit OP and I will get back at you.
  • tracynoetracynoe Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad Brucie has retired, should have gone a little while ago. There have been moments that made me laugh though, even at a couple of his jokes this last series!

My standout memory has to be his song where poor Ola had to dance around him as little red riding hoood or similar. I had to watch from behind a cushion. poor poor Ola :)
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    Didn't he just and it's made me smile again thinking about it. Mark Ramprakash seems to have thought so too as he wrote about it in what can only be decribed as glowing terms in his memoirs.

According to the rules they shouldn't have had another chance, but because of the way Bruce handled it, they got to do their dance, and it was one of the most memorable on Strictly. So I think Bruce did something good there.

Its a lot easier to think of cringeworthy moments but his heart was in the right place.

I liked when Craig was justifying his soon-to-be 9 for Harry's VW "I would just move your head slightly to the left - just a little bit more"
    Bruce responded "If you just move your head slightly to the right, I'd...." and made to throw a punch.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my favourite moments where when I successfully spotted the jokes in advance. This was quite often. He telegraphed them like a tribesman playing the bongoes across the mountains
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BF has just had his finest hour..............by leaving.:D
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member

I absolutely love that.:)
  • camy934camy934 Posts: 1,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruce dancing to Gangnam Style :D
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    The day he said he was quitting Strictly :p:)
  • chucklingbunnychucklingbunny Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he said to Craig, "We can tell you've never had an illegal lift" and Craig couldn't help but laugh.

I do think that Bruce could be magic when off script.
  • BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    "Jelly Wallace" and "Dave" Bussell.

:D

...And "Pasta" Kovalev. :D
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When he said to Craig, "We can tell you've never had an illegal lift" and Craig couldn't help but laugh.

I do think that Bruce could be magic when off script.

Bruce was brilliant off script. It's when he had to tell the staged jokes and attempt to read the autocue that the issues started.

If he played the job like Tom Bergeron on Dancing with the Stars I think there would be more sadness about his departure.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    Bruce was brilliant off script. It's when he had to tell the staged jokes and attempt to read the autocue that the issues started.

If he played the job like Tom Bergeron on Dancing with the Stars I think there would be more sadness about his departure.
    But he wrote his own staged jokes - confirmed by his being listed as a writer in the end credits - and said he and his wife only argued when she didn't find a joke funny and he had to explain it to her. If you have to explain a joke, it just isn't funny.
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, after considerable thought I can honestly say that the only outstanding moment was when he announced his retirement.

Whatever he did in his career -, and he did plenty, nothing really lasted. Every performance, every game show and so on was just as easily forgotten as last weeks Sunday dinner.