Options

Why haven't Cadburys brought out a peanut butter product yet?

andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
Forum Member
Reeses seems to be getting bigger in the UK, I think Cadbury are missing a trick if they don't bring out something peanut buttery soon

Comments

• Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    I imagine they think it won't sell. I'm sure they have peanut butter products in the US so it's not that.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peanut butter and chocolate sounds sickly to me - though I'd have them separately ;-)
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love reeses, was hoping for an Easter egg.. Also kit kat peanut butter chunky's are beautiful..

But yes these are the way forward
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Peanut butter and chocolate sounds sickly to me - though I'd have them separately ;-)

I love it, great combination, surprised you've never tried it.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have had a few peanut butter and chocolate combos over the years,but none ever lasted very long,cant be very good sellers here.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have had a few peanut butter and chocolate combos over the years,but none ever lasted very long,cant be very good sellers here.

I'm not so sure when they have stocks of them for the vending machines (husband works filing them up) they fly out of the machines, but then they stop production and he can no longer get them. Always seems to be a demand just not enough stocks.
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadbury Starbar is a peanut butter product:-

https://www.cadbury.co.uk/products/Starbar-2348?p=2348

ETA I always thought this had peanut butter in it but reading the descriptions I'm not so sure! It always tasted like peanut butter :confused:
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ETA I always thought this had peanut butter in it but reading the descriptions I'm not so sure! It always tasted like peanut butter :confused:

Its not peanut butter, more like a snickers though both are listed in Wiki as peanut butter, I would contest that.

As for chocolate bars containing peanut butter, the following should be available in the UK,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NutRageous
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reese%27s_Peanut_Butter_Cups
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reese%27s_Sticks
  • Options
    Forum Member

They actually make a Dairy Milk Peanut Butter, i've had it and it was nice.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you go into Tescos they have at least in my local a section for American sweets. Little more expensive then a normal sweet/bar but it's worth checking out
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    They actually make a Dairy Milk Peanut Butter, i've had it and it was nice.

Where can you buy that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Where can you buy that?

I got mine from Cybercandy online, not sure if they still stock it..
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the link, might give them a go one day :) Certainly much more reasonable than Ebay :o:o:o:o
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to remember peanut butter just isn't an adequately liked flavour in the UK to justify bringing in more commercial products that are based on it.

You get peanut butter Subway cookies in the US, for example, but not here because they wouldn't sell.

I mean it's not even like it's always that easy to find Reeses Peanut Butter cups. I don't like them myself but I remember traipsing all over town one afternoon to find them for an ex. Finally found them in just one corner shop!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    I seem to remember peanut butter just isn't an adequately liked flavour in the UK to justify bringing in more commercial products that are based on it.

You get peanut butter Subway cookies in the US, for example, but not here because they wouldn't sell.

I mean it's not even like it's always that easy to find Reeses Peanut Butter cups. I don't like them myself but I remember traipsing all over town one afternoon to find them for an ex. Finally found them in just one corner shop!

Yep, exact reason. Cadbury's aren't stupid, they already have a product, they don't even have to make it.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    It's because peanut butter is abhorrent ;)
  • Options
    Cake_NibblerCake_Nibbler Posts: 6,564
    Forum Member
    Its strange though because other companies are making peanut butter work.

Ben and Jerrys have their peanut butter me up and peanut butter cup ice creams and both of those seem to do well?
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have different tastes. I have had reeves before but the chocolate taste wrong and the peanut is far too smooth.

To a lot of people outside the USA American chocolate tastes utterly foul and they even make their peanut butter very sweet (they can't help but add stuff to stuff including palm oil!).

I also think we Brits like to have a crunch of actual peanuts in our choc bars (and other whole nuts).

Also in the UK we seem not to fixate on just peanut butter or pecans whereas the US seems very "smooth peanut butter" focused for some reason
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Block of Dairy Milk then spread some peanut butter on = done :confused:
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found a USA Peanut Butter Twix in Tesco this week. But was £1.70 for a single bar :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its strange though because other companies are making peanut butter work.

Ben and Jerrys have their peanut butter me up and peanut butter cup ice creams and both of those seem to do well?

They haven't been out that long have they? I have no idea how they are doing, but it's a pretty different market.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »

Ehh? They're in practically every supermarket here in London.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Ehh? They're in practically every supermarket here in London.

Perhaps they don't live in London.
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just make you own butter cups! melt choc.. pour in any old thing to use as a mold.. dollop in some smooth peanut butter, top with more melted choc.. wait to set and then eat! :)
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps they don't live in London.

Never said they did. I am saying that it's not in short supply. If you can get in London you should be able to get them round the country.