Options

Grange Hill Cast Reunion - 25th May 2014 - Chiswick

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
Forum Member
Anyone else attending this Grange Hill reunion next month? All the details are here and they've got some really good guests taking part. Really looking forward to seeing the Banksie/Zammo/Jackie love triangle together again! :D

I go to the venue for Dr Who events, so should be fun.

All the details here; www.grangehillevents.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the idiot who refused to appear on the bring back show? I bet he wont be there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the idiot who refused to appear on the bring back show? I bet he wont be there.

Why is he an idiot? Probably doesnt want anything to do with the fanboys/girls who are still obsessed with Grange Hill
  • Options
    Mr StokesMr Stokes Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    I remember when zammo was a whippet thin boxer, nowadays he is sporting elasticated waistband and a huge gut..........wonder if he is going to show up looking like that :o

The excrutiatingly wooden "actress" who played Claire Scott apparently works in a shoe shop and it would be interesting to see how she looks these days.
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Grange Hill only ended in 2008.
  • Options
    newgrangenewgrange Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Good old Frisha Yates. I wonder will she show up?
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Mr Stokes wrote: »
    I remember when zammo was a whippet thin boxer, nowadays he is sporting elasticated waistband and a huge gut..........wonder if he is going to show up looking like that :o

The excrutiatingly wooden "actress" who played Claire Scott apparently works in a shoe shop and it would be interesting to see how she looks these days.

I read that she owns a very successful PR company.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Grange Hill only ended in 2008.

The website link in the OP shows that the reunion is amongst some of the 70s/80s cast
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Adult Tickets: £42.00 (Includes two free autographs)
    Then:
    Autographs at £5 each!!!

What for a bunch of old has-beens that haven't worked since?!?!?

If I see someone and ask for their autograph they can either oblige or say no. Just what is this fleecing people for money for an autograph scam?

And that's before you have spent money getting their and for food at extortionate prices.

And you even have to print your own bloody tickets!

JUST SAY NO!
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Then:
    Autographs at £5 each!!!

If I see someone and ask for their autograph they can either oblige or say no. Just what is this fleecing people for money for an autograph scam?

And that's before you have spent money getting their and for food at extortionate prices.

JUST SAY NO!

That seems a bit much. The vast majority of former Grange Hill stars from the 70s and 80s aren't even acting anymore, never mind in a league where they can charge a fiver for their autograph. Is the money going towards a charity or something?
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the actor who played Roland Browning will turn up? I think he got in trouble over drugs a few years back, didn't he?

If he does go, he'll be out of the door at the first sign of a black woman going 'Ro-land! Ro-land!'
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then:
    Autographs at £5 each!!!

JUST SAY NO!

ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS BE YOURSELF.
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The autograph of Pogo Patterson still has pride of place on my wall in the hallway, all my guests that come over always comment about what a legend he was and how amazed little old me managed to get a star of that calibers name. Makes me feel warm inside to see the jealousy on their faces when they enter the lounge and see A signed photo of Sir Dan of Kendall looking back at them.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pogo Patterson: spiv, impresario and rabble-rouser. What a character he was!
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pogo Patterson was great, ive got a series on DVD thats got him in it :D
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a Grange Hill renunion from my years of watching it. From Justine and Chrissy all the way up to when Judy was slashed by Sean after she went out with Wayne. Most of those people are still acting Francesca Martinez is a comedian, Iain RObertson is an actor and Kevin Bishop is a Hollywood star (well kinda). I'd rather see them than the 80s lot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is he an idiot? Probably doesnt want anything to do with the fanboys/girls who are still obsessed with Grange Hill

He obviousy wasent grateful of the job he was given.

I would have crawled over broken glass or hot coal to get a job like he got.
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    take it Justin Lee Collins won't be on the stage introducing the 'stars'

loved the show but 42 quid????????????????????????????
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Replace the Michael Mcintyre show with the Erkan Mustafa show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Then:
    Autographs at £5 each!!!

JUST SAY NO!

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the reply - I am myself running the event.

Please appreciate that putting on an event involves a serious amount of money, from Paypal fees, website costs, venue hire, actor fees, printing costs. We currently have 14 guests and you get TWO free autographs per guest included in the ticket price - that is 28 free autographs - just £1.50 each. Compare this to major cult TV events like Showmasters, they charge £15 per autograph. That is exceptionally good value.

We also have a series of panels where the cast will be on stage reminiscing about their time on the show - for some of them the first time this has ever happened. It'll be a fun packed day for any Grange Hill fan.

Regarding the comment about "has been's" - which is quite rude, we have a number of the teaching staff with us who continue to act, including Chris Jury and Brian Capron who has been announced today.

We shall also be raising money for the Charity, Dandelion Time.