Riversong is she a Timlord?

bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,936
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry if this Question has comeup before but with Alex Kingston returning next year it made me wonder weather she is a Timlord who possibly escape the Time war:confused:

And she was the Doctors wife before he left Gallifrey and she went to find when the Timewar start:confused:

Because how else would she know what his name is, but he does not remember who she is after years of travelling or i am completely wrong with this theory:confused:

Comments

• tombalandtombaland Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no and yes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    or yes and no...

it's all a bit wibbly-wobbly...
  • davros's chairdavros's chair Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    I can say with absolute certainty that no, River Song is not a Tim-lord!:p

Whether or not she is a timelord is another matter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    I was trying to get my head around this one. She knows the FUTURE Doctor, so she could not have anything to do with the Time War.
    BUT, does this fact mean that She can time travel? Or that the future doctor goes back in time to meet her?

I do not think she is a timelord, otherwise he would have known that when they met in The Library - plus how many 'other' timelords can there be - the Doctor is meant to be the last!
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's an archaeologist. Timelords point and laugh at archaeologists.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    total wrote: »
    I was trying to get my head around this one. She knows the FUTURE Doctor, so she could not have anything to do with the Time War.
    BUT, does this fact mean that She can time travel? Or that the future doctor goes back in time to meet her?

I do not think she is a timelord, otherwise he would have known that when they met in The Library - plus how many 'other' timelords can there be - the Doctor is meant to be the last!

A bit like Kryptonians.:D
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    how many 'other' timelords can there be - the Doctor is meant to be the last!
    He was supposed to be the last before the Master turned up, remember? No reason other timelords didn't escape too. Although I can't see River being anything other than human, albeit one who apparently has time travel tech (either her own Tardis or a Vortex Manipulator). Don't forget, we don't yet know that Alex is actually playing River this time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    He was supposed to be the last before the Master turned up, remember? No reason other timelords didn't escape too. Although I can't see River being anything other than human, albeit one who apparently has time travel tech (either her own Tardis or a Vortex Manipulator). Don't forget, we don't yet know that Alex is actually playing River this time!

Given that River was a Moff (all hail the great Moff) creation, and such a point was made of her connection to the Dr, It is almost infeasable that she is playing someone else. All we know is that River met the Dr on numerous occasions and had a very close rdelationship with one of his incarnations at least.

She did say that he looked very young but that may be comapring him to the ;last time she met him, which may have been years and several regenerations later.

It is possible that when she meets MS for the first time its HER first meeting with him, so in this story she has no idea who he is, but he knows her- a reversal of the previous meeting
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member

Interesting question as to whether she travelled in time. Let me see if I have this right. There are two possibilities:

When she meets Doctor 10 in the library she asks if they have done the 'crash of the byzantium yet'. This suggests she doesn't know if Doc 10 is an earlier or future incarnation. As it is an earlier incarnation, she must have travelled back in time as she has knowledge of a future event.

or

She is just living a linear existence and met Doctor 11 because he had travelled back to a time before the events of Silence in the Library, so SITL hadn't yet happened from River Song's perspective. But Doc 11 would have already have lived the events of SITL.

So does this suggest that Doc 11 tells her that in her future she will meet Doc 10 in the library? Unlikely he would give that away. But then if he tells her is name then anything is possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did say Tennant's Doctor looked younger than she remembered.. But this Doctor not going to get any older because he's soon to regenerate, ironically into a younger model, so unless she meets him in one of the upcoming specials, how the hell did she meet him?
    Here's something to throw into the pot, after this new guy shuffles off , what if he regenerates back into Tennant?
  • JessicaLJessicaL Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to think River might be a baddie personally ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can say with absolute certainty that no, River Song is not a Tim-lord!:p

Whether or not she is a timelord is another matter.

If she was she would have a green an white TARDIS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's an archaeologist. Timelords point and laugh at archaeologists.

Exactly!!!!!!:D
    Listentome wrote: »
    Interesting question as to whether she travelled in time. Let me see if I have this right. There are two possibilities:

When she meets Doctor 10 in the library she asks if they have done the 'crash of the byzantium yet'. This suggests she doesn't know if Doc 10 is an earlier or future incarnation. As it is an earlier incarnation, she must have travelled back in time as she has knowledge of a future event.

or

She is just living a linear existence and met Doctor 11 because he had travelled back to a time before the events of Silence in the Library, so SITL hadn't yet happened from River Song's perspective. But Doc 11 would have already have lived the events of SITL.

So does this suggest that Doc 11 tells her that in her future she will meet Doc 10 in the library? Unlikely he would give that away. But then if he tells her is name then anything is possible.

Okay I know I'm not very good at explaining things, especially when it comes to speculation...but here goes anyway....

I would say that River is living a linear existence.....and the Doctor pops in and out of her life....with with more than one incarnation since he met her at the library...and no incarnations before that moment....otherwise he would have known who River was....and maybe she has had experince of him for example say he saw her on Monday when he took her out the Moon Landing (so in that sense she gets to travel in time too) and he drops her off home, and she notes that in her dairy....then on Friday of the same week, he comes and sees her, and just takes her to the local museum, when he drops her home, she notes that in the dairy....and then he decides to visit her again, but in his time he has done the moon landing and the museum, but he visits her on wednesday in that same week, so he probably gets her to check her dairy to see where they are...and he realises that he has popped in before the museum visit...or say the monday the week after, a version of the Doctor that hasn't done the Moon Landing, and the Museum, has popped into see her, and then she wonders which one it is, so she goes through the dairy...and realises it's the Doctor that hasn't yet taken her to the moon landing and so on....but yet she has done those things....

so basically linear.....

I would also say that he will never tell her about the library events....but will get to know when she is about to go as she herself told him what happend on their last meeting before the library...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody having difficulty understanding this needs to read (or watch as it's coming to cinemas) the time traveller's wife.

In the book she first met him when she was a child and he was older.

He first met her when he was much younger and she was older.

The point is they both met each other in their own path of time but because his arrow twisted back and forth the first meeting wasn't the same for her as it was for him, the same just happened in Dr. Who.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whip wrote: »
    Anybody having difficulty understanding this needs to read (or watch as it's coming to cinemas) the time traveller's wife.

In the book she first met him when she was a child and he was older.

He first met her when he was much younger and she was older.

The point is they both met each other in their own path of time but because his arrow twisted back and forth the first meeting wasn't the same for her as it was for him, the same just happened in Dr. Who.

Yep I see it exactly as the Time Traveller's Wife...
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    A bit like the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, where the man ages backwards. so he starts out old and his lover a child, then they're the same age, then she grows old, and he regresses into a child. Heck, it's just a variation on Time Traveller's Wife! Guess that film wasn't so original after all. LOL:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No!

:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Martacus wrote: »
    She did say Tennant's Doctor looked younger than she remembered.. But this Doctor not going to get any older because he's soon to regenerate, ironically into a younger model, so unless she meets him in one of the upcoming specials, how the hell did she meet him?

Yes he is going to get older, its only his appearance that gets younger. Maybe she sees more to the Doctor than what we do, can see it in his eyes or something so even though he looks younger to us the next version of the doctor would look older to her (as he would be)
  • Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    If she was she would have a green an white TARDIS.

That made me :D I have been thinking that, but wasn't sure if anyone outside of the west of Scotland would get it...

I thought the "younger" comment was more related to something she saw in his eyes. At the time I thought it meant something bad was going to happen soon which would make his eyes "older" - not explaining myself clearly, but it makes sense in my head...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    That made me :D I have been thinking that, but wasn't sure if anyone outside of the west of Scotland would get it...

booooooooooooo

it should be a red white and blue tardis;);):D;);)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eowyn W wrote: »

I thought the "younger" comment was more related to something she saw in his eyes. At the time I thought it meant something bad was going to happen soon which would make his eyes "older" - not explaining myself clearly, but it makes sense in my head...

The Timdis.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    The Timdis.

Only natural a Tim-Lord should have a Timdis!!! :D

I love this - it's awesome! Not so sure the brother will like it mind. Hahahahaahaha.... :p