Options

Heavy Rain is the best game I have ever played

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,061
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just completed it, me and the mrs had popcorn out and we were like no way!

I cant believe how quickly things change in the last few minutes of the game :O

Comments

• Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool. Mine arrived on Friday but I'm not going to play this untill I work my through the God Of War trilogy and finish my 2nd, 3rd and 4th playthroughs of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually enjoying it, especially when a character nearly dies and you're fighting for their lives. I think 1 of them may be dead now though. oops.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am happy to report that it matched my expectations after the slight let down that was Mass Effect 2. I was worried that it would be too short but I took my time playing it over the space of three evenings and so it didn't feel too short at all. I am very much looking forward to the downloadable content. GOTY so far
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might be a bit short but with 22 different endings i have a long way to go until i stop playing it....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I am happy to report that it matched my expectations after the slight let down that was Mass Effect 2. I was worried that it would be too short but I took my time playing it over the space of three evenings and so it didn't feel too short at all. I am very much looking forward to the downloadable content. GOTY so far

Yeah that seems how I feel except I haven't played mass effect 2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Longboy wrote: »
    It might be a bit short but with 22 different endings i have a long way to go until i stop playing it....

22 DIFFERENT ENDINGS?? :eek:
  • Options
    alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    almost read that title as "best game I never played" or "Best movie I ever pushed some buttons along to" :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    almost read that title as "best game I never played" or "Best movie I ever pushed some buttons along to" :D

ALL games are just button pushing... Heavy Rain is more than that...
  • Options
    denzil28denzil28 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I played the demo last night and must say that I was very disappointed with it.

The graphics were amazing and I could see what was trying to be achieved, but it really just didn't do it for me. The biggest spoiler was the FBI agent with the futuristic sunglasses, it just didn't fit in with the feel of the game and I felt like I was palying a 3D version of Hotel Dusk with Neo from The Matrix.

I'm sure there is more to the full game and it probably explains the point of the daft sunglasses (is he from the future or something?) but off the back of the demo I do not think I'm going to get this unless it is really low in price in the sales and curiosity gets the better of me.

Am I the only one who didn't like it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    denzil28 wrote: »

I think I saw someone else on one of the other threads who didn't. But so far it seems to be a hit.

I didn't mind the glasses too much from what I have seen on CSI Miami I don't think its too long before those glasses will be thought up for real :D

The glasses remind me of Batman's Detective mode in Arkham Asylum. Which I kept on for the majority of that game.

I will hopefully be getting the game on Friday. So I will have a more conclusive opinion then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    denzil28 wrote: »
    I played the demo last night and must say that I was very disappointed with it.

The graphics were amazing and I could see what was trying to be achieved, but it really just didn't do it for me. The biggest spoiler was the FBI agent with the futuristic sunglasses, it just didn't fit in with the feel of the game and I felt like I was palying a 3D version of Hotel Dusk with Neo from The Matrix.

I'm sure there is more to the full game and it probably explains the point of the daft sunglasses (is he from the future or something?) but off the back of the demo I do not think I'm going to get this unless it is really low in price in the sales and curiosity gets the better of me.

Got to agree, I'd been looking forward to this for a while but after the demo I just lost all interest.

My first reaction was that its just a next gen version of Dragons Lair, the 80's laser disc & amiga game, where u controlled the characters reflexes by moving the joystick in reaction to symbols on the screen. Obviously now we have more buttons to press and can control more than refelxes but the idea is the same.

Visually i thought heavy rain looked amazing, pity the game didnt grab me.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The game and storyline are fantastic do not go by the demo as the demo doesn't really give you the intensity of the full game. The game was well worth the £40 i paid and as someone said there's 22 differant endings :D i'm really enjoying this game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    The only thing that makes me weary of 22 different ending is that say you do something different to send it off to a different path but then you do something that puts you back to that path do you get the same ending as the last time - that would bug me slightly :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this game has even bought tears to my gfs eyes
    ++++spoilers++++
    the part where ethans son dies then the game shows how he struggles with it then 2 years on he loses shaun too

Which suprised me as my gf has never taken any intrest in any game i've played before
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tempted by this now but with FFXIII out in a week not sure if I should take the plunge.

Decisions decisions.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an amazing game. Just completed it there and when I found out who the killer was I was like :eek:

To the people put off by the FBI agent with his glasses, don't be. I was a bit wary of it during the demo but in the grand scheme of the full game you don't use them that much.

Someone at work asked me to describe the game and the way I put it was "It's an interactive movie." Yeah there is a lot of just pressing buttons when it tells you to do so on the screen, but that is what makes it different from your usual batch of games out there.

Basically this game has had me gripped since I first started it, playing a few hours each night and not wanting to stop as I wanted to see where the story took me. A game hasn't had that affect over me in a long time.
  • Options
    anthpiefaceanthpieface Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    agggh..... I can only buy one game this month... what should I buy FF Xlll or heavy rain? Bloody recession.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavy Rain, easy choice, FF is meh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    agggh..... I can only buy one game this month... what should I buy FF Xlll or heavy rain? Bloody recession.

Heavy rain and this is coming from a massive ff fan i'm waiting for ff 13 to drop in price first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    Heavy rain and this is coming from a massive ff fan i'm waiting for ff 13 to drop in price first.

But with people compleating Heavy rain already, won't it be second hand soon? would anyone who have played it, play it again?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But with people compleating Heavy rain already, won't it be second hand soon? would anyone who have played it, play it again?

Yes, everytime you play it you'll be playing a totally different playthrough because you pick loads of different options.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok I am sold, going to buy it tommorow :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

it has 22 differant endings :eek: i'm still on my first run lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ARGH HELP!

This or FFXIII? I am an FF fanatic BUT the FF games on PS2 were all wank. FFX - complete crap. FFX2 - Didnt touch it after FFX. FFXII - not even worth mentioning.

But I've been looking forward to FFXIII for ages.

However with Heavy Rain having 22 different endings thats ALOT of replay value on top of trophies.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It normally takes me weeks and with some games months to complete games, I am someone who dips in and out of games.

Heavy Rain was different. I didn't just want to play it I NEEDED to play it. Started it last Thursday and finished it on Tuesday, about 12-14 hours for me. It is by far the best game I have ever played on Playstation, it even betters MGS for storylines but it is the way it is dramtically put together that makes it surpass other games. It is a game where you actually care about the characters and from what I have read my run-through of the game is slightly different from others with different characters being more important in my game than for other people's games.