Forum Member
Released July 4th

and we should hear it in the next 2 weeks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Released on my birthday. :D

Hopefully it's good. I liked Everybody in Love. :)
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Released on my birthday. :D

Hopefully it's good. I liked Everybody in Love. :)

Wow, your b'day is 2 days before mine:D I can't wait to hear JLS' new single, hopefully their album will have better tracks than their debut. Don't like the title of the song much, though I'll reserve judgement...
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    From the title sounds as though its gonna be a bit more dancy and uptempo :)
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The title sounds slightly cheesy but hopefully it's better than their debut material.

If it's BA 2.0 or EIL 2.0, i won't be buying. Although i actually bought Beat Again. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lead single from a 2nd album already?
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok for you JLS fans - Chris Moyles just said he will have the first play of JLS' new single on Radio 1 on Monday morning, 10th May.
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it sounds really good actually!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, sounds like a rehash of Boom Boom Pow, sounds really really bland and generic. Can't give a full opinion though cos I haven't heard the whole song yet, I thought Fight For This Love was really good until I heard the whole thing:o I am greatful to JLS for saving us from ever hearing Justin Bieber's version of One Shot, even the thought of that induces my gag reflex...
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    lovee it! its rly catchy!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds like a cheap rip-off of something from the Black Eyed Peas' latest album.

But have to admit, it's catchy and might grow on me! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    I really like it. Bloody catchy.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    So only one line is based on "The Hills are Alive"...
    I'm not sure I like it. My campaign to ban electronically treated vocals and vocoders starts here... :D:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will be huge.
  • SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
    Forum Member
    I love it ! So Catchy
    Excited to hear the full version. I admit at first play I wasn't too keen but its a real grower and I'm sure this will be big
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like the sound of it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It different to there previous tracks. I am a JLS fan but I feel like they've been playing it safe I feel this is slightly different and think it'll storm the charts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG this is terrible!!! :eek:

I know their music is normally generic but badly ripping off the Black Eyed Peas is a new low.

JLS CAN SING. Well Oritse can and Marvin and Aston kinda can. Why do they insist on using autotune/vocoders? It's like they're trying to desperately fit into the music industry.

It's really depressing that people will just go mad for this because it's electro-pop - despite the lyrics being so embarrassing. And to think the producer is the same man who has produced quality songs for Leona and Alex. I even think he might have produced Leona's 'Scene of the Crime'. :eek:

It's a shame JLS have ruined any proper credibility they had as artists as they had potential. This second era was going to be the deciding factor of whether i would be a fan of their's but they've proven they've got no soul.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Alot more up tempo than the previous 3 tracks... I think it will do well.

And ok BEP use the voice coder thing - but they weren't the first band to and wont be the last band to.

Will be good to hear the full version
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alot more up tempo than the previous 3 tracks... I think it will do well.

And ok BEP use the voice coder thing - but they weren't the first band to and wont be the last band to.

Will be good to hear the full version

True but i'm sick of the whole "she's trying to be like GaGa"/"ooh that's GaGa-esque"/"GaGa copycat" thing so i thought i'd have my moment of 'glory'. :p

It does sound very BEP though and even if they didn't copy them, it's still an awful song.
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Hm, I don't like it much yet. Often songs I'm not sure of on first listen I end up loving though, so we'll see.
    Stube wrote: »
    JLS CAN SING. Well Oritse can and Marvin and Aston kinda can. Why do they insist on using autotune/vocoders? It's like they're trying to desperately fit into the music industry.

It's really depressing that people will just go mad for this because it's electro-pop - despite the lyrics being so embarrassing.

As can JB, he's just better suited to harmonies. I'd actually say Marvin's the weakest singer; Oritsé the strongest.
    And do you really think they're asked if they want to use autotune? I doubt they demand it.
    It's possible that people will go mad for the song because they like it. And no lyric can ever be as bad as "If I died, would you come to my funeral?" Ever.
    At least I'm hoping it never gets that bad again :eek:
  • annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like it much. It does sound a bit like BEP too, but much worse than their songs IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Jade" wrote: »
    As can JB, he's just better suited to harmonies. I'd actually say Marvin's the weakest singer; Oritsé the strongest.
    And do you really think they're asked if they want to use autotune? I doubt they demand it.
    It's possible that people will go mad for the song because they like it. And no lyric can ever be as bad as "If I died, would you come to my funeral?" Ever.
    At least I'm hoping it never gets that bad again :eek:

Hmm i guess JB's alright.

Marvin's got a very nice tone. Oritse is definitely the strongest. Very underused imho. Dare i say it but Aston is the second weakest imo. He sometimes pushes himself past his limits and the result is never listenable.

I know people will go mad for the song because they like it but they'll like it more because of the effects and (generic) music. I'm more a lyrics person (being a lyricist) and unfortunately the lyrics are underrated and overlooked in the music industry. :rolleyes:

And if they didn't want autotune on the track, they should have been true artists and told the producer that they want their natural vocals to be heard.

And i agree, the lyrics to Beat Again were very cheesy. As was EIL and OS... :o
  • SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
    Forum Member
    Imo Oritse and Aston are probably joint best vocalists. But I think Aston is able to pull off performances a lot better and has more control. Marvin & JB imo have the weakest vocals
  • Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is dreadful and what the hell is 'shorties'