Options

The worst rudeness you've ever encountered?

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yesterday I had an encounter with a shockingly rude bus driver, his attitude and general behavior was nothing short of disgusting and we will be making a complaint to the bus company about it tomorrow. I've come across grumpy people working in shops and the like before, but nothing like that. I had to really bite my tongue to stop myself giving him a mouth full.

It was easily the worst case of rudeness I've ever encountered. Why do people work in jobs that involves working with members of the public if they can't be bothered to be polite and civil? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And he did what that was so bad?
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new neighbours next door waking me up at 4am this morning arguing, shouting and slamming every door in their house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    I have been known to give a mouthful back if the rudeness is directed at myself, family or friends.

What did he say or do that was so bad, OP?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And he did what that was so bad?

We were waiting by the bus stop early yesterday morning, it was freezing cold and pouring with rain so we were stood under the shelter. The bus stop is sort of in an alcove, but any bus driver who's on that route knows its there. Basically he didn't see us at the bus stop, was going to fast so couldn't stop in time when he did and was going to drive past us. We stepped forward to flag the bus down and he started waving his arms in the air, ranting and raving and shaking his head like it was our fault.

Due to him going so fast and not looking to see if anyone was standing at the stop he had to stop half way up the road for us to get on. When we did get on he was extremely rude, I asked for a return and he mumbled something and I couldn't understand what he'd said, so said "sorry", and he tutted and then shouted, "THREE POUNDS FIFTY!". No please, no thank you. He was disgustingly rude, to other people who go on after us as well.
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably from my own mouth to some undeserving soul. *shameface*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds a bit OTT
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    You need to think on your feet and be equally as sharp back ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to think on your feet and be equally as sharp back ;)

If I'd have let rip and said what I'd really wanted to say he'd probably have kicked me off the bus, but it was cold and we'd have had to have waited half an hour for another bus. My Auntie who I was with made her feelings known. She spent the entire journey shouting all over the bus that she was going to complain about him and get him sacked on Monday:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember once I'd been horse-riding outdoors in sleet. :cry: Then I'd walked a mile from the farm to the bus stop, still in sleet, in jeans wetter than they would've been if I'd fished them out of a lake. You cannot comprehend how wet I was. :cry: And then I stood at the bus stop shivering for a good half an hour until my bus showed up, I stuck my arm out and the driver just shook her head and drove on. It wasn't out of service; there were people in it. It wasn't full either. I had to wait another half hour for the next. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goonst wrote: »
    I remember once I'd been horse-riding outdoors in sleet. :cry: Then I'd walked a mile from the farm to the bus stop, still in sleet, in jeans wetter than they would've been if I'd fished them out of a lake. You cannot comprehend how wet I was. :cry: And then I stood at the bus stop shivering for a good half an hour until my bus showed up, I stuck my arm out and the driver just shook her head and drove on. It wasn't out of service; there were people in it. It wasn't full either. I had to wait another half hour for the next. :cry:

That's awful! A lot of bus drivers have bad attitudes I've noticed, although the one yesterday was the worst by a country mile!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not the rudest but we were boarding the national express bus to Stansted, the driver says he doesn't have any change to offer and says we should go to the cashpoint round the corner to get some and said he won't wait for us to do it and should get on the next bus which comes in 40 mins. Our bags were already on board and he made us take it out and left us.
    The time it took us to get our bags off the coach was the time it took me all of 2 mins to get the cash and arrive back to the bus but he couldn't even wait.

Beyond pissed off luckily i didn't miss the plane.
  • Options
    brickiebrickie Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edit................
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    When I was younger some girl in a wheelchair randomly called me a fat bitch when I walked passed her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brickie wrote: »
    If you make an official complaint the Bus Company will download the cameras from the bus and look at the whole scenario. Theres normally 4 cameras. One facing the road at the front of the dashboard, One above the driver and two where the passengers sit.

They will then get the whole scene from when you put your hands out for the bus until your Auntie was screaming that she was going to get him sacked.:)

My Auntie wasn't screaming that she was going to get him sacked, she was just talking loudly enough for everyone to hear:D
  • Options
    brickiebrickie Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edit....................
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bus drivers (round Glasgow at least) are notorious for being rude and unfriendly. Never expect to see a smile, hear a hello, or a thanks. They just grunt at you and that's if they make any noise at all.

I realise they have a shitty job dealing with neds and drunken yobs but it does put you off public transport. Give me a car any day :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bus drivers are notorious for being rude. It's the little bit of 'power' they have. It goes straight to their heads.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had problems with Glasgow taxi drivers as well. The last time I got one I couldn't get the sliding door shut, it was dark and I was having a rough night...not saying I was drunk, my head was just all over the place. He starts shouting instructions 'the handle! Pull the handle!' even though the handle doesn't look like a shitting handle, and then he goes 'is it an IQ test you're failing then?' :mad: Hmph.
  • Options
    angelbabyxangelbabyx Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok i'll try and explain this best i can...

I was getting on the bus oen day to school.

It's a well known grumpy driver, he never had liked me:confused:

I was quite shy, i didnt go to school with anyone, just alone, and one day he came for our stop, some people got on in front of me, and they all paid and sat down, it came to me and he shunned me and started driving, so i sat down:confused:

I was worried what had just happened, and at the stop when i got off, i was even worrried he wasnt gonna let me off the bus, he asked me 'fare!' when i got off, but why did he ****ing refuse to serve me when i went on, how odd. I never did get that bus again, he'd done things like drive past me before and drive me past my stop, clearly just didnt seem to like me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    "The worst rudeness you've probably encountered!

Well ifI am completely honest probably my own :o When someone is rude to me my family or friends I have this amazing ability to belt out something which is at least 10 times worse than what was said /directed at me :D

Sometimes I really really shock the angel inside me :)

People around me are normally very shocked and they say I can be shocking because normally I am seen as an all round nice guy whose very well spoken and attentive to others.

I have to admit I also love the look of shock on people's faces :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bus drivers are notorious for being rude. It's the little bit of 'power' they have. It goes straight to their heads.

They are probably in the wrong job if they can't be civil to the people who are paying their wages,
  • Options
    Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a similar experience with a bus driver in London.

I was waiting at a bus stop in the Strand. I saw my bus coming, but it was not going as far as my destination. Then I saw one coming behind it that was. I stood behind the other bus and put my hand out. But the driver stayed on the other side of the road and looked like he was not going to stop. So I stood a little further out, and so did some other people, waving our arms at him to stop. But he seemed to be determined to look straight ahead and ignore us, and went past

Of course we could not believe it.

But...the traffic was reasonably heavy, and knew the bus had to go around the Aldwych and come back the other way before getting to Waterloo bridge...and there is a stop near there, and we may be able to catch it.

So a few of us hot-footed it up the road, and managed to get to the stop in time.

One of the women who got on before me asked him why he didn't stop, and he said he didn't have to as there was already another bus at the stop. When she said that bus was only going halfway, and that we had waved at him to stop, he then claimed he didn't see us.

At that point I chipped in and said 'Excuse me, but I was also standing there waving you down'.

At this point, he lost it - he just shouted at us to either get off or sit down. He knew damn well he was wrong, and had been caught out. I asked him what on earth was wrong with him, at which point he jumped out of his seat and shouted 'Are you having a go at me?!'.

Unbelievable - he was actually quite a weedy little guy so I kind of found it funny. I had intended to take his number and complain, but never got round to it.
  • Options
    FranglaisFranglais Posts: 3,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a similar experience with a bus driver in London.

I was waiting at a bus stop in the Strand. I saw my bus coming, but it was not going as far as my destination. Then I saw one coming behind it that was. I stood behind the other bus and put my hand out. But the driver stayed on the other side of the road and looked like he was not going to stop. So I stood a little further out, and so did some other people, waving our arms at him to stop. But he seemed to be determined to look straight ahead and ignore us, and went past

Of course we could not believe it.

But...the traffic was reasonably heavy, and knew the bus had to go around the Aldwych and come back the other way before getting to Waterloo bridge...and there is a stop near there, and we may be able to catch it.

So a few of us hot-footed it up the road, and managed to get to the stop in time.

One of the women who got on before me asked him why he didn't stop, and he said he didn't have to as there was already another bus at the stop. When she said that bus was only going halfway, and that we had waved at him to stop, he then claimed he didn't see us.

At that point I chipped in and said 'Excuse me, but I was also standing there waving you down'.

At this point, he lost it - he just shouted at us to either get off or sit down. He knew damn well he was wrong, and had been caught out. I asked him what on earth was wrong with him, at which point he jumped out of his seat and shouted 'Are you having a go at me?!'.

Unbelievable - he was actually quite a weedy little guy so I kind of found it funny. I had intended to take his number and complain, but never got round to it.

that's ghastly but do bus drivers/conductors still have those round badges on their lapels with their numbers? They don't even seem to wear jackets with lapels and/or caps any more!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,512
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    The new neighbours next door waking me up at 4am this morning arguing, shouting and slamming every door in their house.

Is it Stephanie and Summer having an argument? How inconsiderate.
  • Options
    ChasingSundaysChasingSundays Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im 25 and i have 3 kids, i admit i was quite young to have kids but you know not much i can do about it now. I often get people saying i dont look old enough to have 3 kids etc but a lady at work once said to me what a shame it was i decided to have children so early in life, how children with young mums were emotionally and financially deprived and how did i feel knowing that potentially i had wasted my life by having children so young and several other things along those lines.
    I did find that incredibly rude and quite upsetting, its not like she is even a friend just a work collegue.