Options

Katie Price: standing up for Harvey

Comments

• Options
    sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALPERTON94 wrote: »
    Has it occurred to you that she is divorced so there is 50/50 custody between her and her ex-husband. So what she can do all of those things if she wants when the kids are with peter.

You mean she's not married to the lovely, world famous, singing superstar any more then :eek:. God!! when did that happen? They must have kept it on the down low - never heard a bloody word. :D

Yes - she can indeed do all those things when her ex-husband has the children or, indeed, even when he doesn't cos......................that's what mums and nannies are for. :D
  • Options
    ALPERTON94ALPERTON94 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    sionnaigh wrote: »
    Do you know? I SO wish this could be true but it won't be.

Those who think it's funny to make fun of a disabled child (or whatever the hell all the recent fuss was about) will continue to do so. Just cos Katie Price does a programme highlighting the issue of HER child won't make a scrap of difference.

It's a shame that some people will try & find 'humour' at the expense of a child who has no comeback but then there are some heartless people around who should be thanking whoever they believe in that it didn't happen to them.

But hey,...You can't blame her for trying just like many people have fought to get rid of discrimination. But hey it's KP we are talking about here she gets all the hate because she's not human. And what's funny is people are accusing her of milking the situation..that's like saying every family who has a disabled child "milk it" to get sympathy. Beyond sick.
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't comment yet. Will probably air my views once I've seen the programme.
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it occurred to you that she is divorced so there is 50/50 custody between her and her ex-husband. So what she can do all of those things if she wants when the kids are with peter.

And what of Harvey? PA does not have 50% custody....so she goes on her jollies,sorry, essential transatlantic "work" not only when it is her turn to have the younger two but for the bulk of he time that PA has them....so when is she ever around for Harvey ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moireen wrote: »
    FFS, leave her alone - hate her, but don't use a disabled boy to justify your hatred. There's nothing wrong with a programme like that and the more people get aware of disabled children, their joy but also their problems, the better.

Having raised a disabled child I couldn't agree more but I think what's causing some people doubts is the timing of all of this - not the actual programme itself.

Let's face it, Katie's faux/romance with the 'lovely' Leandro -despite every available photo opportunity known to man - hasn't exactly set the world alight and reignited the publics passion for all things KP. This new reality TV show seems to have extracted mostly apathy or downright derision so..... what's left?

Can't do a show with the children cos she's categorically said they will NOT be in her shows again (we'll skip over the continuing photos of them :rolleyes:) so that just leaves Harvey (who wasn't subject to the same conditions as the other children for some reason).

The Frankie Boyle debacle (nasty, nasty man) has given her this opportunity to 'kill two birds with one stone' it would seem. Get some positive publicity AND highlight how she lives with a disabled child.

How old is Harvey? 9? So, in 9 years she never thought about doing a programme dedicated to how a mum lives day to day with a severely disabled child? Not once in 9 years? Roll forward from 2002 to present day - star possibly on the wane, continued publicity not having desired effect - ah, 'comedian' (using that term VERY loosely) makes very unfunny remark about disabled child, NOW it's time to make the programme.

I'm sure you can understand why some people may just go hmmmmmm?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But hey,...You can't blame her for trying just like many people have fought to get rid of discrimination. But hey it's KP we are talking about here she gets all the hate because she's not human. And what's funny is people are accusing her of milking the situation..that's like saying every family who has a disabled child "milk it" to get sympathy. Beyond sick.

As the mother of a disabled child I am fully behind anyone who can raise awareness of the issues,problems and discrimination they face on a day to day basis.

I haven't got ANY problem whatsoever with Katie Price doing this programme - if it brings the issue of disability to the fore - so much the better.

As for the part you highlighted - if you read it in the context in which it was written - it was about being saddened that people who can find it humourous to make fun of a disabled child, will not care one jot about Katie's programme. Nothing more than that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Having raised a disabled child I coouldn't agree more but I think what's causing some people doubts is the timing of all of this - not the actual programme itself.

Let's face it, Katie's faux/romance with the 'lovely' Leandro -despite every available photo opportunity known to man - hasn't exactly set the world alight and reignited the publics passion for all things KP. This new reality TV show seems to have extracted mostly apathy or downright derision so..... what's left?

Can't do a show with the children cos she's categorically said they will NOT be in her shows again (we'll skip over the continuing photos of them :rolleyes:) so that just leaves Harvey (who wasn't subject to the same conditions as the other children for some reason).

The Frankie Boyle debacle (nasty, nasty man) has given her this opportunity to 'kill two birds with one stone' it would seem. Get some positive publicity AND highlight how she lives with a disabled child.

How old is Harvey? 9? So, in 9 years she never thought about doing a programme dedicated to how a mum lives day to day with a severely disabled child? Not once in 9 years? Roll forward from 2002 to present day - star possibly on the wane, continued publicity not having desired effect - ah, 'comedian' (using that term VERY loosely) makes very unfunny remark about disabled child, NOW it's time to make the programme.

I'm sure you can understand why some people may just go hmmmmmm?

Well duh!...i think the Frankie B (hating that I'm making him sound cool!) joke was the ignition that started this show and KP has not yet properly spoken about his.Plus she is the ambassador for Vision charity so it wouldn't be fair on the families that face these difficulties everyday. Plus she has just recently set up her own TV production company "Pricey media" which would presumably give her a lot more freedom and resources to do a show at her own will without asking SKY to budget it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well duh!...i think the Frankie B (hating that I'm making him sound cool!) joke was the ignition that started this show and KP has not yet properly spoken about his.Plus she is the ambassador for Vision charity so it wouldn't be fair on the families that face these difficulties everyday. Plus she has just recently set up her own TV production company "Pricey media" which would presumably give her a lot more freedom and resources to do a show at her own will without asking SKY to budget it.

I'm still unsure as to why it appears that it took a nasty FB 'joke' to jolt her into deciding to do a programme on the day to day living with a disabled child. For me, it would have been better perhaps 3/4 years ago when she was still very much in the public favour, the media darling, the one everyone wanted on their front page. Then surely would have been the best time? She had the media at the end of her acrylic finger tips.

As for the Vision charity - I must admit to not knowing much about it but again, surely they would have welcomed anything which highlighted the good work of the charity itself and the challenges the parents and the children face every day - it could have generated some welcome funding perhaps?

Again with the production company/tv - a few years ago (and even more recently apparently) - Katie Price was the 'go to' girl. If you wanted a programme which would pull in the viewers, then Katie was your girl. She'd rack those ratings up, advertisers rubbing their hands with glee and everyone's happy. I'm sure ANY television company would have 'greenlit' a documentary should Katie have proposed the idea.

I just find it all a bit strange that it's taken so long for her to apparently decide to do this.

I'm not knocking the idea of the programme, I think it's a great idea and I sincerely hope it does well, it's the timing that's throwing me to be honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what of Harvey? PA does not have 50% custody....so she goes on her jollies,sorry, essential transatlantic "work" not only when it is her turn to have the younger two but for the bulk of he time that PA has them....so when is she ever around for Harvey ??

I saw an episode of one of her previous shows and she was in the USA for an oscars event (Elton John's party??). As it was the other kids weekend with their dad she brought Harvey with her. I was quite impressed at how much of that short trip was focussed on things for Harvey including spending time with his former classmates at a school he attended while they were they previously.
    I try not to judge people or situations when I don't have all the facts, in the hope that I would be afforded the same basic opportunity.
    In the meantime I read/watch celebrity-reality-stories for entertainment purposes not as part of a jury ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    justmise wrote: »
    I saw an episode of one of her previous shows and she was in the USA for an oscars event (Elton John's party??). As it was the other kids weekend with their dad she brought Harvey with her. I was quite impressed at how much of that short trip was focussed on things for Harvey including spending time with his former classmates at a school he attended while they were they previously.
    I try not to judge people or situations when I don't have all the facts, in the hope that I would be afforded the same basic opportunity.
    In the meantime I read/watch celebrity-reality-stories for entertainment purposes not as part of a jury ;)

Oh yeah i do remember that episode and as for peter and harvey. He is not his real dad but will see him when he sees him...i remember from her itv show on christmas eve she was all alone with harvey and princess and Juinior were at their dads...she said no one would take harvey away from her no one.
  • Options
    WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    I'm still unsure as to why it appears that it took a nasty FB 'joke' to jolt her into deciding to do a programme on the day to day living with a disabled child. For me, it would have been better perhaps 3/4 years ago when she was still very much in the public favour, the media darling, the one everyone wanted on their front page. Then surely would have been the best time? She had the media at the end of her acrylic finger tips.

As for the Vision charity - I must admit to not knowing much about it but again, surely they would have welcomed anything which highlighted the good work of the charity itself and the challenges the parents and the children face every day - it could have generated some welcome funding perhaps?

Again with the production company/tv - a few years ago (and even more recently apparently) - Katie Price was the 'go to' girl. If you wanted a programme which would pull in the viewers, then Katie was your girl. She'd rack those ratings up, advertisers rubbing their hands with glee and everyone's happy. I'm sure ANY television company would have 'greenlit' a documentary should Katie have proposed the idea.

I just find it all a bit strange that it's taken so long for her to apparently decide to do this.

I'm not knocking the idea of the programme, I think it's a great idea and I sincerely hope it does well, it's the timing that's throwing me to be honest.

I agree with your post. Another thing is the chronology of events. Many will assume that this programme about Harvey was made in response to the FB joke. If I remember correctly, her decision to keep J and P out of the limelight but still use HArvey to raise awareness of his condition was made BEFORE the stupid joke was made. Therefore she still had intentions to use Harvey.

I suppose we will have to wait until Thursday to see how she comes across. I hope it is not another way to try and garner sympathy and popularity from the public. :)
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the problems with Harvey are materialising more because he's a big boy. It's probably harder now than when he was younger to just scoop him up and give him a cuddle when he's being difficult.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    =sionnaigh;51088377]Does she?

Is this after flying to LA to get her hair extensions done - first?

Is this after having her nails done - first?

I see nothing wrong with this. Am a mother myself, it's healthy to once in a while have some me- time & yes i pamper myself and yes once in a while, i spend hours away from my child, and have on occassion spent weeks from her while away for work. Doesn't make me a bad mother or mean i love her any less. Like PA, I take parenting very seriously & Iwoulddoanythingformykid!!! :p . They say, 'a happy mother makes a happy home'.

Is this after spending the day swanning around Alton Towers (without her children) with Leandro - first?

If i may ask, who takes their kids on a date during the early stages of a relationship? I don't know about you, but i know i wouldn't! Doesn't mean KP doesn't take her kids anywhere with her & Leo. Iv'e seen loads of pics of her, the kids & Leo which didn't make it to the press and am happy to post links if you so wish. Critisize Katie for many things she's done IN THE PAST, but this ^.....:rolleyes:

Is this after spending a holiday in Venice (without her children) with Leandro - first?

Again I';ll say the same thing, anyone in a blossoming relationship deserves some time ALONE with the object of their affection once in a while. What fun is there taking people with you on a date?

Or do you actually believe KP has never taken her kids on Hols?:rolleyes: Or maybe you'd only believe it if it was filmed.:D:D:D

Is this after spending the day playing polo (without her children) with Leandro - first?

I want to know, what proof do you have that she spent the day playing polo WITH Leandro WITHOUT her kids? I know otherwise. I know Princess was there with them coz i saw her in the pictures on Mr Papparrazi. Here's a link to prove Princess was there as well. I suggest you go through ALL those pics and come back and tell me she didn't take her kids with her before you go and make unfounded allegations!

I am sick and tired of all this Katie bashing. Like a poster before me said, some of us actually LIKE Katie. I for one have known Katie since her wild days as Jordan while living in Africa and i have followed her since. I was indifferent at first and i remember being in Africa where i was born and raised BUT still knowing about her ( yes that's how popular she is!)... People would refer to big breasted women as Dolly Partons or Jordans :D:D:D

When i moved to the UK, i grew to like her after watching her numerous times on TV shows and seeing some of her interviews and have liked her since. I don't normally take media reports of people as gospel truth coz of all the spin and sensationalisation & bias they apply to news pieces. I make my own judgements about people based on what i hear from the the horse's mouth.

Oh by the way, I can't wait to see Katie back on our tV screens and this time for a good cause :)
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justmise wrote: »

Good for you ;)

And good for you if you're "impressed" that a parent spends a little time with her child. :eek:

The fact remains that she goes away for weeks at a time when the two youngest are with PA, leaving Harvey.

And whilst she continues to do these reality shows for public consumption and move random men into her childrens family home I will judge and comment til my hearts content ;)
  • Options
    My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am no fan of Jordan/Katie Price and normally I wish she would go away, but I admire her for doing this show to raise awareness of what's it like to care for a disabled child.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does she?

Is this after flying to LA to get her hair extensions done - first?

Is this after having her nails done - first?

Is this after spending the day swanning around Alton Towers (without her children) with Leandro - first?

Is this after spending a holiday in Venice (without her children) with Leandro - first?

Is this after spending the day playing polo (without her children) with Leandro - first?

As for her "doing this for all the right reasons" - well, if the 'right reasons' are more publicity for Katie Price (downtrodden, hard done to, single mother of a disabled child dontcha know) then, yep, I'm positive she's doing it for the right reasons.

She is entitled to a break from the kids from time to time, especially when Pete's got them, what's she gonna do, sit and twiddle her thumbs? And I don't even like her!!!:D She has a lot of time and patience for Harvey. You can see it. Harvey isn't capable of feigning the bond he has with his mother.
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To slightly adapt an American saying:

Walks like a meejah ****...
    Talks like a meejah ****...
    Looks like a meejah ****...

It's a meejah ****...
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't comment yet. Will probably air my views once I've seen the programme.

Careful you are allowing a bit of common sense to invade a KP tread :D
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There are probably a number of factors at work here

3/4 years ago no one would have thought of KP if they wanted to make a serious documentary. KP was all about reality fluff and car crash TV. (Still is really) plus a program like this is not really going to be a ratings winner

The deal with Sky was for her reality show and the opportunity for OTHER PROJECTS so Im guessing this is one of those projects and is being funded by Sky.

The problem with a celeb making/being involved with a program like this is that they will always be accused of "milking it for publicity" especialy if it's a headline chaser like KP so the final response to it being a success or not will be dictated by how carefully it is handled.
  • Options
    MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am no fan of Jordan/Katie Price and normally I wish she would go away, but I admire her for doing this show to raise awareness of what's it like to care for a disabled child.

"Life caring for a disabled child when you have huge amounts of money, nannies, a mother who is the main carer and you can jet off at the drop of a hat, get drunk when you want and spend all your time with the new boyfriend and Gary". Is that the titile? I can't wait for my new awareness.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am amazed at how much the people who don't like her seem to know about her every move. If I didn't like someone, I wouldn't be that clued up on everything that they have supposedly done.

From what I've seen of her show, she seems to be great with Harvey, and he seems to be a happy child. Anything that can bring awareness to the disabilities he has, and what it's like caring for a disabled child is a good thing in my book.
  • Options
    My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    "Life caring for a disabled child when you have huge amounts of money, nannies, a mother who is the main carer and you can jet off at the drop of a hat, get drunk when you want and spend all your time with the new boyfriend and Gary". Is that the titile? I can't wait for my new awareness.

I don't know Katie Price personally or follow her TV shows, so I have no idea what her life is like once the cameras are switched off. Do you know her then, as you seem to know so much about her?

I don't particularly care for Katie Price, but I am also not naive enough to believe everything I see/read in the media.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    People change the tune seriously it's boring:yawn: .And some people hate her yet know every detail of her life...even i didn't know she went to Venice and i like her...funny that. And all this talk of nannies etc...No one knows what goes on behind KP's doors.
    And people are saying her Mum looks after harvey..how do you know?:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People change the tune seriously it's boring:yawn: .And some people hate her yet know every detail of her life...even i didn't know she went to Venice and i like her...funny that. And all this talk of nannies etc...No one knows what goes on behind KP's doors.
    And people are saying her Mum looks after harvey..how do you know?:confused:

Better having her mum as a nanny when busy than a stranger!
  • Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know Katie Price personally or follow her TV shows, so I have no idea what her life is like once the cameras are switched off. Do you know her then, as you seem to know so much about her?

I don't particularly care for Katie Price, but I am also not naive enough to believe everything I see/read in the media.

Which is why until the show has aired, because this is Katie Price's visual media platform and her version of truth (as she sees it), ie, her reality show which portrayed how much she loved Alex and she didn't really (for one), I will hold off on my opinion as to whether it was still a platform for Katie Price or a platform for Harvey's condition. :)