Most annoying songs of 2011?

cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
Forum Member
Mine:

Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song
Cher Lloyd - Swagger Jagger
Nicole Scherzinger - Right There
Adele - Someone Like You, Rolling In The Deep

Which songs do you think are 2011's most annoying?

Comments

• Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katy Perry - Last Friday Night
    One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
    Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Probably Grenade and The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars, just because they're so boring, and on the radio all the time.

Judas by Lady Gaga aswell, for just being boring. And I know it's a 2010 song, but Forget You by Cee-Lo Green. Again, just boring, and old-fashioned. In 20 years time, when people hear Forget You, they'll think it was released in the 1960's. It's not reflective of music of today, which is a real shame.

And Someone Like You by Adele. I used to like it, but having a load of old people harping on for months about how it's a masterpiece, how it's saved chart music, and acting like it's the only good song in the past 20 years to have good lyrics and contain a piano, when it's not, is a little bit ANNOYING.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    Sak Noel - Loca ( terrible lyrics, vocals and repetitive weak melody)

Milk Curdled aka Matt Cardle - Run For Your life ( run and patience make a song by numbers devoid of all emotion)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    That moronic 'Barbara Streisand' song (I don't know the name of the act). I cringe every time I hear it.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jessie J - Price Tag

Such insincere lyrics. It's not about the money, she says. So would she be singing etc if she didn't get paid?
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simcki wrote: »
    That moronic 'Barbara Streisand' song (I don't know the name of the act). I cringe every time I hear it.

That was last year.

For me, that Grenade song. I honestly thought that was this years Comic Relief song when I first heard it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr. Saxobeat ughhhh!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    And I know it's a 2010 song, but Forget You by Cee-Lo Green. Again, just boring, and old-fashioned. In 20 years time, when people hear Forget You, they'll think it was released in the 1960's. It's not reflective of music of today, which is a real shame.

I know its not terribly nice to slate someone for expressing their opinion...but my god, you must be very, very stupid!

Of course it sounds like its a retro song...it was designed to be! Like Christina doing 'Candyman' etc, its meant to have that retro style to it...which makes it different from everything else!

If you wanted 'Forget You' to be 'reflective of the music of today', why not stick in a rap bridge, have it be (ft. some other artist who contributes nothing), have it be classified as dupstep and make sure its used as the backing track/go to cover for every contestant on this years X Factor!

My god...get a grip...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Milk Curdled aka Matt Cardle - Run For Your life ( run and patience make a song by numbers devoid of all emotion)

Ah yes I forgot about that one. It is so boring! One Direction's What Makes You Beautiful is kinda annoying too.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Saxobeat
    Beat Of My Drum
    Loca People
  • Options
    Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    Friday!:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jedward- Lipstick
    Matt Cardle- Run For Your Life
    Nicola Roberts- Beat Of My Drum
    One Direction- What Makes You Beautiful
    Sak Noel- Loca People
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would put Friday, but that can hardly be classified as a "song"...
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    huggzy wrote: »
    I know its not terribly nice to slate someone for expressing their opinion...but my god, you must be very, very stupid!

Of course it sounds like its a retro song...it was designed to be! Like Christina doing 'Candyman' etc, its meant to have that retro style to it...which makes it different from everything else!

If you wanted 'Forget You' to be 'reflective of the music of today', why not stick in a rap bridge, have it be (ft. some other artist who contributes nothing), have it be classified as dupstep and make sure its used as the backing track/go to cover for every contestant on this years X Factor!

My god...get a grip...

Funny you say that.

Did you know Cee-Lo Green has collaborated with probably like 40 rappers? :D

And if the song had rapping in, or had a dubstep beat, it wouldn't be used on X Factor. X Factor doesn't really like rapping or dubstep (probably because they don't want the older viewers to be changing the channel).
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
    Rebecca Black - Friday
    LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
    LMFAO - Sexy And I Know It
    Nicola Roberts - Beat Of My Drum
    Anything by David Guetta
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simcki wrote: »

It was by Duck Soup and was released last year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer Lopez- On the Floor
    Black Eyed Peas- Just Can't Get Enough
    Enrique Iglesias- Tonight
    Wiz Khalifa- Black and Yellow
    LMFAO- Party Rock Anthem
    One Direction- What Makes you Beautiful
    JLS- She Makes me Wanna
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    I can't see any other contender for most annoying other than Swagger Jagger.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That horrendous "All day, all night" song!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blossom85 wrote: »
    It was by Duck Soup and was released last year.

I thought it was Duck Sauce?
  • Options
    Nobody KnowsNobody Knows Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swagga jaggaaaaaaaaaa!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was Duck Sauce?

That's it! Thanks for the correction. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Judas by Lady Gaga aswell, for just being boring. And I know it's a 2010 song, but Forget You by Cee-Lo Green. Again, just boring, and old-fashioned. In 20 years time, when people hear Forget You, they'll think it was released in the 1960's. It's not reflective of music of today, which is a real shame.

I'd say it's more of a real shame that people think genres / styles of music have expiry dates...

You'd have others deprived of great new music in their preferred genre just because you think that in 20 years people will be misguided by not hearing any auto-tuned electro-pop in it... like all songs of within all eras should have the same sound....? Genuinely baffling.

Those songs don't need to try and reflect whatever you think 'music of today' sounds like... it is music of today, end of story.

Ultimately music is about primal creation, inspiration, not about going along with current fashions and dismissing all the huge creative achievements and building blocks of past eras.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moves Like Jagger is starting to get annoying. I have to switch it off now or I will hate it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Party Rock Anthem
    Someone Like You
    Rolling in The Deep
    Swagger Jagger
    The A-Team
    California King Bed
    The Lazy Song
    She Makes Me Wanna