Watchdog ( BBC1 15/03/12 )

dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The consumer show with Anne Robinson starts 15th March on BBC1 at 8pm.

Comments

• tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky i'm washing my hair that night.
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they have dispensed with the services of Chris Hollins and Matt Allwright and his sidekick! :eek:
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a tree feature tonight.
  • shadowassassinshadowassassin Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this series!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The tree part is a big job.:confused:
  • fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its just the same old stuff, not sure this is worthy of airtime anymore!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could even see that was the wrong sort of ladder to use.
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bloodynora wrote: »
    I hope they have dispensed with the services of Chris Hollins and Matt Allwright and his sidekick! :eek:
    Nope,same old Carp as before :rolleyes:
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darnall42 wrote: »
    Nope,same old Carp as before :rolleyes:

yes on and on it goes with Chris (son of John) Hollins..
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise this was back! I would have watched it.
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Why doesn't Matt Allwright just get on with his stories? He is not a comedian and his desperation to be funny is just irritating and disguises the fact that the people he exposes are thieves who should be in the hands of the police.

As for the "sidekick" he is completely pointless unless his real function is to serve as a minder for Allwright and his camera crew.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's dumbed down dross. Those idiots who do that Food Inspector stuff also tipped up in this - sadly.
  • ThetrevsterThetrevster Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the way they kept showing water just in case any viewers didn't understand the term 'water leak'!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pedro wrote: »
    Why doesn't Matt Allwright just get on with his stories? He is not a comedian and his desperation to be funny is just irritating and disguises the fact that the people he exposes are thieves who should be in the hands of the police.

As for the "sidekick" he is completely pointless unless his real function is to serve as a minder for Allwright and his camera crew.

Couldn't understand what I was watching at first all that stuff about his sidekicks family tree, such a tedious + tenuous link.

I completely agree that posting blurry pictures of people and giving what may or may not be their real name is completely pointless. If these people are really conning the general public then hand their footage to the police + OFT + council and educate the public to do the same.

Have to say I'm not entirely convinced the chaps last night were really that bad. they did a shoddy job and put their own lives at risk with poor health + safety but it was on the cheap, so it would be sort of what you expect - they didn't claim to have any qualifications or bogus professional body association. I don't like how watchdog sometime try to trump up the charges. e.g. the bloke came inside one time to give his sales pitch to get extra work from the lady, isn't that what any good business person would do at the least? hardly high pressure tactics, which aren' illegal anyway.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pedro wrote: »

I agree and was saying this to my friend the other day. I really don't get this weird 'comedy' thing Allwright tends to do.
  • Le Chat NoirLe Chat Noir Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Watchdog has been unwatcable since some bright spark at the bbc decided to merge it with Rouge Traders.

A shame, as it used to be a good show.
  • radiofreeradiofree Posts: 7,316
    Forum Member
    Watchdog has been unwatcable since some bright spark at the bbc decided to merge it with Rouge Traders.

A shame, as it used to be a good show.

Rouge Traders? Wasn't that the show about people selling dodgy make-up?
    Forum Member
    radiofree wrote: »
    Rouge Traders? Wasn't that the show about people selling dodgy make-up?

:D

It might be more interesting if it was!
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't watch anything Hollins is in. He should be featured in the show, for masquerading as a talented TV presented, whilst being truly awful.

In the old days it was a good consumer show - shame what they have done to it really
  • Mr MertonMr Merton Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Rogue Traders could (and should) be compressed down to something much smaller (10 minutes maximum) OR given its own programme again; the latter is definitely preferable if Watchdog was to return to its 30 minute length. Admit it BBC: it's just cost cutting, cheap peak time filler.

All that needed to happen in Rogue Traders: Smith family introduced (2 minutes), unhappy customers shown (3 minutes), Smith family shown cutting down trees without wearing protective equipment (2 minutes maximum), Smith family confronted (2 to 3 minutes), rogues gallery (30 seconds maximum). THE END.
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the way they kept showing water just in case any viewers didn't understand the term 'water leak'!!!!

Yeah, if they're going to do a story about water leaks they should illustrate it with something else. Teddy bears, perhaps, or helicopters.:rolleyes:
  • Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone not think that this show was a lot better before they revamped it and brought back Anne Robinson?
    Forum Member
    I can't watch anything Hollins is in. He should be featured in the show, for masquerading as a talented TV presented, whilst being truly awful.

Yes, I agree. He is absolutely dreadful. I won't forget how he compleletly ruined the BBC's coverage of the royal wedding last year with his talentless mug.

What do the Beeb see in this bloke?
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Killary45 wrote: »
    Does anyone not think that this show was a lot better before they revamped it and brought back Anne Robinson?

Anne is on a 5 yr contract, and they have to use her in something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I agree. He is absolutely dreadful. I won't forget how he compleletly ruined the BBC's coverage of the royal wedding last year with his talentless mug.

What do the Beeb see in this bloke?

His daddy was apparently famous, that might have something to do with it.