Very clingy baby!

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    9 months already? Amazing how time goes in. Your post made me laugh. We were on hol a few short weeks ago with family. Youngest daughter 22 months kept on crying and whinging for daddy whenever he moved. No tears just continual noise. Daddy kept on popping out for a cigarette hence nearly non stop whinging. Bedtime and child being held in daddies arms crying until she fell asleep. Bad granny lost it snatched said child out of his arms took her through to bed, covered her with duvet made sure she had her dummy said good night loudly and firmly and left room. Checked her 2 mins later she was out for the count. Did this on three different occasions. Guess he hates me now, haha. Silly man thought he would retaliate by slating off his step daughter (my eldest grandaughter who is 3) to me. OOOOOOPS. Mummy said he is like that with the youngest child all the time. Drives her nuts. Anyway good luck. Bet she is a wee angel for you today now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    avasgranny wrote: »
    9 months already? Amazing how time goes in. Your post made me laugh. We were on hol a few short weeks ago with family. Youngest daughter 22 months kept on crying and whinging for daddy whenever he moved. No tears just continual noise. Daddy kept on popping out for a cigarette hence nearly non stop whinging. Bedtime and child being held in daddies arms crying until she fell asleep. Bad granny lost it snatched said child out of his arms took her through to bed, covered her with duvet made sure she had her dummy said good night loudly and firmly and left room. Checked her 2 mins later she was out for the count. Did this on three different occasions. Guess he hates me now, haha. Silly man thought he would retaliate by slating off his step daughter (my eldest grandaughter who is 3) to me. OOOOOOPS. Mummy said he is like that with the youngest child all the time. Drives her nuts. Anyway good luck. Bet she is a wee angel for you today now.

Tbh if someone did that to me I'd be fuming! It's my choice how I raise my child and if my mil or anyone decided they were going to take charge I'd do more than moan to them. Sorry but why interfere when she's not yours? If they'd asked for help fine, but to stick your nose in is just going to cause trouble, probably for your daughter when he blames her.
    Forum Member
    Very true. It is also his choice to be a hard drinker, heavy smoker and a gambler. It is not right though to include the children in his gambling. I wonder how many 3 year old children think it is normal to "pick a horse". If I can support my daughter and help her with the children then I do. Believe you me he would not dare blame my daughter for her mother interfering. As it is he is more than happy for Granny to babysit or have the children for long weekends so he can sit and get pissed all day and night.
    Forum Member
    Very true. It is also his choice to be a hard drinker, heavy smoker and a gambler. It is not right though to include the children in his gambling. I wonder how many 3 year old children think it is normal to "pick a horse". If I can support my daughter and help her with the children then I do. Believe you me he would not dare blame my daughter for her mother interfering. As it is he is more than happy for Granny to babysit or have the children for long weekends so he can sit and get pissed all day and night.

I totally agree with you ref the lifestyle, tbh the first thing i was going to say was about his smoking but thought it wasn't my place :o:o

I don't know your situation and i dont know him, I just know the fastest way to upset me is to take control of my children. I went on holiday with mum and my god mother when my son was 8 months or so - my g.mother is really rather brash and kept taking control, feeding him when he didn't need feeding, snatching him from me when he was crying etc. It really upset me - it sounds silly but it really felt like she was critising my parenting, add to that my son REALLY didn't like her (and she left him in his pram on the otherside of the entrance barrier in disney :eek:) and I was ready to pull my hair out by the end of the holiday!
    Forum Member
    A fun holiday eh? Tbh I spoke to my daughter about it and she didn't have any problems with the way I handled things. Anyway back to the original thread...........
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Could your babies dad help with chores like washing up?
    Forum Member
    A fun holiday eh? Tbh I spoke to my daughter about it and she didn't have any problems with the way I handled things. Anyway back to the original thread...........

lol sorry op, i didn't mean to go off on a tangent!
    Forum Member
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    lol sorry op, i didn't mean to go off on a tangent!

Omg lol not a problem. :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    The baby sounds really sweet.
    I would have loved a clingy baby. Mine were all too happy to smile away at other people and be picked up and held by them. I used to get jealous!
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    Could your babies dad help with chores like washing up?

He works away during the week. The older kids do help out, but they're at school most of the time!
    Forum Member
    Hi I hope you are having a good day today. The wee one will soon settle down (as you know). Amazing how they are all totally different from each other.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    He works away during the week. The older kids do help out, but they're at school most of the time!

Ah- that's a shame
    My son was a clinger- even when he was a toddler he was my shadow and I killed my back having to pick him up when he was upset til he was 5! Slightly different there though that was handling autistic meltdowns

Good luck!