Stateside Strictly: Season One

dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
Forum Member
✭✭
(sorry for a new thread, just easier and all)

My Strictly is coming to the States!

The show, that is making it big in the UK, will fly Stateside, where 10 couples will take part in an all new adventure - to coincide with the 70th anniversary of ABC, the network that will air the show.

The show will be hosted by entertainment legend, Tom Bergeron, and this season his co-host is talk show host (and Dancing with the Stars finalist) Ricki Lake. Joining them as a roving reporter is another DWTS alumni - Carson Kressley.

Casting directors Conrad Green and Deena Katz have commented on the show, saying: "we're looking for dynamic names that will make a great show for our viewers. Get ready for a great cast!"

The judges are confirmed to be UK judges, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli, and Destiny's Child member and My Strictly finalist, Kelly Rowland.

Comments

• MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to find out the cast. :D
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MuSiKe wrote: »
    Can't wait to find out the cast. :D

Reveal tonight at 9! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    Reveal tonight at 9! ;)

Change that to 10. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Change that to 10. ;)

You lied to me. :eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry :eek::eek: I'll make sure I'll do it this time :D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sowwy, it may be 10:15. :o:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sports Illustrated swimsuit model KATE UPTON
    R&B singer CIARA
    TV presenter and former pageant queen VANESSA LACHEY
    Pussycat Dolls member and now UK pop queen ASHLEY ROBERTS
    Olympic swimmer SUMMER SANDERS

Legendary singer JERMAINE JACKSON
    Husband of fellow contestant Vanessa and 98 Degrees member NICK LACHEY
    80s pop star COREY HART
    CSI: Miami star and Latin heart-throb ADAM RODRIGUEZ
    And legendary basketball player SCOTTY PIPPEN
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, great cast. :)

I'll be rooting for Ashley.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ciara. :D
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be rooting for Ashley too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate Upton & Maksim Chmerkovskiy
    Ciara & Valentin Chmerkovskiy
    Vanessa Lachey & Tony Dovolani
    Ashley Roberts & Mark Ballas
    Summer Sanders & Tristan MacManus

Jermaine Jackson & Kym Johnson
    Nick Lachey & Anna Trebunskaya
    Corey Hart & Chelsie Hightower
    Adam Rodriguez & Karina Smirnoff
    Scotty Pippen & Peta Murgatroyd
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Derek? :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Derek? :(

As he's likely not on the real DWTS, I tried to keep it realistic. (I know Kym's not on either, but still) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As he's likely not on the real DWTS, I tried to keep it realistic. (I know Kym's not on either, but still) :)

I love Derek, he's my favourite pro. :D
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame for no Derek- or indeed Kym (though I'm assuming Derek will probably end up a judge or backstage presence, unless he follows through his promise to be back in the fall season!)

And I love how the Lachey's are overrunning DWTS ;) I'm surprised Drew's daughter hasn't made a reappearance :p x
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Loving Ciara and Ashley and Jermaine :D

I have a strong dislike for Summer after throwing Queen Lauper under the bus so I'll ignore her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Loving Ciara and Ashley and Jermaine :D

I have a strong dislike for Summer after throwing Queen Lauper under the bus so I'll ignore her.

In fairness, Summer should have gone early on CA. I think Selita deserved to stay longer, and Cyndi was just crazy in her own way - I loved her in the Harry Potter task ("Don't look at me! MUGGLES AND WIZARDS, MUGGLES AND WIZARDS") :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Shame for no Derek- or indeed Kym (though I'm assuming Derek will probably end up a judge or backstage presence, unless he follows through his promise to be back in the fall season!)

And I love how the Lachey's are overrunning DWTS ;) I'm surprised Drew's daughter hasn't made a reappearance :p x

Kym's my fave pro so I'm sad she's leaving for at least this season. It'll be interesting to see if Derek is involved - I reckon he'll do the odd pro dance here and there.

Haha, it wouldn't surprise me if Drew's daughter was a contestant this season, at this rate. ;):p
    Forum Member
    In fairness, Summer should have gone early on CA. I think Selita deserved to stay longer, and Cyndi was just crazy in her own way - I loved her in the Harry Potter task ("Don't look at me! MUGGLES AND WIZARDS, MUGGLES AND WIZARDS") :D

Omfg Val so true! I was so pissed when Cyndi, Maria and Selita were eliminated over Holly and Summer :mad:

Holly peed me off too although she proved very graceful in the final (and obviously cyndis performance stole the show)

It was all about King Bret and Queen Cyndi all series for me :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omfg Val so true! I was so pissed when Cyndi, Maria and Selita were eliminated over Holly and Summer :mad:

Holly peed me off too although she proved very graceful in the final (and obviously cyndis performance stole the show)

It was all about King Bret and Queen Cyndi all series for me :D

Summer was just so boring, I have no idea how she stayed for as long as she did. I thought Selita was fun, especially when she was on the plane with Rod :D

I liked Maria up until the country music one, when she tried to take control over Cyndi, who's a music legend and was the project manager! :p

I didn't like Bret until the week he got the news about his daughter, I think I finally saw his, in Cyndi's words, 'TRUUUU COLOURS' :p
    Forum Member
    Summer was just so boring, I have no idea how she stayed for as long as she did. I thought Selita was fun, especially when she was on the plane with Rod :D

I liked Maria up until the country music one, when she tried to take control over Cyndi, who's a music legend and was the project manager! :p

I didn't like Bret until the week he got the news about his daughter, I think I finally saw his, in Cyndi's words, 'TRUUUU COLOURS' :p

Summer was just horrid xD Selita was very fun, I mean I never heard of her before it but she seems lovely and funny

I liked Maria until then too, but I didn't mind her, probably cos she didn't like Curtis :p I loved Sharon too but I'm not too keen on her as a person -horrible flashback to her making comments about Harry's penis-

And I liked Bret from the start, him being a rocker I expected him to be a class a ****, but from the first show I really got to love him, and when he got the news about the daughter it made me love him more, he showed a really decent personality which made me love him more

TRRRRUUUUEEEE COLORRSSSSS :p

But yeah Team Cyndi to join XF :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Summer was just horrid xD Selita was very fun, I mean I never heard of her before it but she seems lovely and funny

I liked Maria until then too, but I didn't mind her, probably cos she didn't like Curtis :p I loved Sharon too but I'm not too keen on her as a person -horrible flashback to her making comments about Harry's penis-

And I liked Bret from the start, him being a rocker I expected him to be a class a ****, but from the first show I really got to love him, and when he got the news about the daughter it made me love him more, he showed a really decent personality which made me love him more

TRRRRUUUUEEEE COLORRSSSSS :p

But yeah Team Cyndi to join XF :p

Oh I don't like Curtis either, he's dull :p Selita showed that all models aren't stupid which I liked. I'm happy Bret did so well though because his story grew so much throughout, and Holly was, despite being annoying, a good player at the game.

Cyndi as an X Factor judge, imagine it :eek: She'd look Nicole Scherzinger and Kelly Rowland look dull :p
    Forum Member
    Oh I don't like Curtis either, he's dull :p Selita showed that all models aren't stupid which I liked. I'm happy Bret did so well though because his story grew so much throughout, and Holly was, despite being annoying, a good player at the game.

Cyndi as an X Factor judge, imagine it :eek: She'd look Nicole Scherzinger and Kelly Rowland look dull :p

Holly was a good player but I just don't like her :p the fact that Cyndi was fired because she didn't choose red is a piss take, if you realise how they didn't trust her to do more so gave her one job and in the three tasks prior to that her one job was the thing that the people loved best?

And yes Cyndi would be amazing, Simon Cowell if your reading this :p

And Team Kelly and Nicole :p -still annoyed that everyone else hates Kelly team DC ftw-
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holly was a good player but I just don't like her :p the fact that Cyndi was fired because she didn't choose red is a piss take, if you realise how they didn't trust her to do more so gave her one job and in the three tasks prior to that her one job was the thing that the people loved best?

And yes Cyndi would be amazing, Simon Cowell if your reading this :p

And Team Kelly and Nicole :p -still annoyed that everyone else hates Kelly team DC ftw-

I know what you mean about Cyndi, it was unfair, but she did really well for someone who's kinda...crazy! ;)

I know, I love Kelly :( Her and Michelle back together with Bey at the Superbowl was like ASDFGHJKL, I'm trying to get Beyonce tickets soon enough :D

(who knows, Simon Cowell might be a fan of Strictly forum games :p)
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean about Cyndi, it was unfair, but she did really well for someone who's kinda...crazy! ;)

I know, I love Kelly :( Her and Michelle back together with Bey at the Superbowl was like ASDFGHJKL, I'm trying to get Beyonce tickets soon enough :D

(who knows, Simon Cowell might be a fan of Strictly forum games :p)

Honestly expected her to finish last :p

And the Super Bowl thing was amazing, Beyonce is meant to be doing V Festival, when's Baby Hashtag due? (;))

(yes he might be a huge fan of strictly :p)