Taylor Swift

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
Forum Member
Anyone here like any of her songs? I like "I knew you were trouble", I can't stop listening to it:o

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did like that song before it was played every two seconds on radio and tv. It was nice when she wasn't played that much since her songs had a bit more country vibes, but now, I can't get away from her. She's driving me crazy. My favorite song by her is still Our Song and I started to like Love Story after Poreotix danced to a mix of it on ABDC.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooooh, a Taylor Swift thread. Cant have been many of these before which is why a new one has been started.;)
    Anyway, yes I like most of her stuff thanks to my daughter.
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her Speak now album, even went to the tour. Can't stand the Red album though.
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Red album, well the first eight songs on it and the last ones I never got to as I was always going back to the start.

State of Grace is arguably my favourite song from last year
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her more than I used to, and that's down to her change in music direction.
    She was always more pop than country anyway, and now it just seems completely pop. She's still got her country guitars and the twang in her voice and melodies (like in the first verse of '22'), but the reason she's doing so well is that she's making music that is more commercially acceptable. That's why she's become more popular in the UK anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I like her more than I used to, and that's down to her change in music direction.
    She was always more pop than country anyway, and now it just seems completely pop. She's still got her country guitars and the twang in her voice and melodies (like in the first verse of '22'), but the reason she's doing so well is that she's making music that is more commercially acceptable. That's why she's become more popular in the UK anyway.

I think she is better suited to pop music than country music.
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love her Red album, that is her first album I actually listened.

I can't believe I just read this on DS:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a465420/taylor-swift-22-video-is-it-really-about-harry-styles.html

Is this really what journalism has come to? The music video has NOTHING to do with her dating Harry, I can't believe they wrote this crap:rolleyes:
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    I love her Red album, that is her first album I actually listened.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a465420/taylor-swift-22-video-is-it-really-about-harry-styles.html

Is this really what journalism has come to? The music video has NOTHING to do with her dating Harry, I can't believe they wrote this crap:rolleyes:

They just keep dragging it up don't they! Other than Taylor wearing a jumper and beanie similar to something Harry would wear, but she could have picked up the look from anywhere, it is absolutely nothing to do with him! Even Taylor and Harry have completely moved on yet the UK is still obsessing over their two month relationship
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I like a few of her songs, but 'We are never getting back together' has to be the most annoying song I've heard in a long time :o
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked most of her Fearless album and at the time of being 17 most of her Debut Speak Now was duller than dullness itself and Red is not much better save fir the pop tracks the less said about 22 the better. I just find her whole good girl Schtik and seeming immaturity a touch annoying but she seems inoffensive enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    I'm a huge fan, love all her albums but don't like the direction she appears to be going in. She seems to want to be like a Katy Perry-esque act which doesn't suit her. She's released the weakest song on Red (22) to further appeal to pop fans when there are so many better songs she could release that are more her (Red, All too well. state of grace etc). Shame but I'll still go the Red UK tour if she ever gets round to doing it.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got bored of We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together quickly but I absolutely LOVE I Knew You Were Trouble. Despite it coming close to overkill, I still turn up the radio when it comes on

Red is one of my favourite albums from last year. I'd heard Fearless and a few tracks off Speak Now, which I liked but I didn't love. Safe and Sound is still probably my favourite TS track though.
  • VaultVault Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    I've only liked a few songs of hers in the past but now i am a full on Taylor Swift fan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    22 is an embarrassment and obviously an attempt to get 10 year olds to get her a hit.

This whole 'pop' thing isn't working really, yes her sales are high but she has alienated a portion of her original fans and has picked up 'pop' fans who are will forget about her when the next big thing comes along. I'm interested to see the direction she takes with her next album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    22 is an embarrassment and obviously an attempt to get 10 year olds to get her a hit.

This whole 'pop' thing isn't working really, yes her sales are high but she has alienated a portion of her original fans and has picked up 'pop' fans who are will forget about her when the next big thing comes along. I'm interested to see the direction she takes with her next album.

Or say when Katy Perry makes a comeback she does what TS is doing and with some conviction and it seems at least to fit and the new pop fans will as you said revert back their attention. I will never understand why she ditched her high US sales which are consistently strong and which she dominates to move into pop a more competitive market in which she is virtually unknown and not the sensibility to have continued success its baffling.
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the Red album, well the first eight songs on it and the last ones I never got to as I was always going back to the start.

State of Grace is arguably my favourite song from last year

I love that song. It's gorgeous.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »

That article sounds very tongue in cheek to me. I think they're just making fun of the fact that people always look for ex-boyfriend references in Taylor's music/videos/clothes etc.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »

To who?
    And I am over 40 yrs older than the target audience you SUGGEST (ridiculously) it is aimed at and I love it. So what do you say to THAT, Mr music expert?:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    To who?
    And I am over 40 yrs older than the target audience you SUGGEST (ridiculously) it is aimed at and I love it. So what do you say to THAT, Mr music expert?:rolleyes:

To her i get the catchy feel and nature but it's not even so bad it's good it's just so contrived but i guess it's gonna be a marmtie song love it or hate it :p