Tom Clancy's The Division

2»

Comments

• Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    That comment largely sums up next generation at E3.

Look at Killzone, woo, at its core a Sci-Fi shooter that look prettier than the last game.
    Look at inFamous, woo, at its core a GTA game with powers which look prettier than the last game.
    Look at Forza 5, woo, at its core a realistic driving game that look prettier than the last game.

It is only the first batch though.
    Look at the launch stuff this gen and then look at what we've got now. Same game in a more expensive dress.
    All the games we will get are based on what has come before. But now they've added a nice pair of shoes to go with that dress.

We're spoiled because we're at the pinnacle of graphics and gameplay. We'll have to wait for devs to get the most out of the new hardware just as we did previously.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is only the first batch though.
    Look at the launch stuff this gen and then look at what we've got now. Same game in a more expensive dress.
    All the games we will get are based on what has come before. But now they've added a nice pair of shoes to go with that dress.

We're spoiled because we're at the pinnacle of graphics and gameplay. We'll have to wait for devs to get the most out of the new hardware just as we did previously.

My point was it seem unfair to criticise this game for been at its core just a prettier version of what came before when pretty much everything we have seen falls into that same category.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you're getting at. As indifferent as I feel about CoD, I do at least understand why it gets so many fans and why the clones don't stand up to it.

But then you look at Destiny and you see a Halo influence.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    There seems to be quite a few persistent world type games coming out, Destiny, Division and Planetside 2 hopefully one of them will bring mass combat and destruction to the console world.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone has seen this before...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKpMd8dGH4s
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has seen this before...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKpMd8dGH4s

Those interior shoots look amazing. Hopefully they won't downgrade the graphics come launch time.

I wasn't able to listen to the video, was that a 'target' video or was that actually running the games engine?
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot all about this but have read it could be delayed until 2016 :(
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Those interior shoots look amazing. Hopefully they won't downgrade the graphics come launch time.

I wasn't able to listen to the video, was that a 'target' video or was that actually running the games engine?

I'm not sure but won't be surprised if it's target.
    seanf wrote: »
    I forgot all about this but have read it could be delayed until 2016 :(

God, I hope not.