Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me again!
    There's some advert going around for "Adult dating (?)" which is essentially saying "join this site if you want a sh*g".

We all know these sites exist, I've just never seen an advert for one being so brazen as to essentially come out up front and unsubtly let you know that's what its for! :eek:
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,544
    Forum Member
    Maria.com :mad:
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the Vodafone bee advert. He's nervous about a sexy female bee moving in next door, then he borrows her phone and rings his male bee mate and says 'i just called to say...I love you'

It seems like a play on the stevie wonder song but I can't work out why

Any ideas?
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Persil ad with that strange looking red head girl, she looks like a ghost just risen from the grave.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the Vodafone bee advert. He's nervous about a sexy female bee moving in next door, then he borrows her phone and rings his male bee mate and says 'i just called to say...I love you'

It seems like a play on the stevie wonder song but I can't work out why

Any ideas?

Because he suddenly realises telling his mate about the hot new neighbour is a bad idea. As his mate is a bit of a charmer. And saying 'I just called to say I love you' is the first thing that comes into his head. Hence the hesitation. It's a guy thing. He wants to keep her to himself, and not risk any competition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junnja wrote: »
    Because he suddenly realises telling his mate about the hot new neighbour is a bad idea. As his mate is a bit of a charmer. And saying 'I just called to say I love you' is the first thing that comes into his head. Hence the hesitation. It's a guy thing. He wants to keep her to himself, and not risk any competition.

But he says I love you to his mate out loud in front of her. Making her think he's gay isn't the best way to impress her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he hasn't got any option. Nope. I think the idea is, she'll think he's in touch with his sensitive side. It's the first thing he can think of. What if he is gay?
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Justfab Advert - This is such a daft advert! The way they make it sound sexual by having the women moan over heels just makes me cringe. The more I see it, the more awkward it looks. Are they really having a orgasm over shoes?:o
  • JeeooorghhhbbbJeeooorghhhbbb Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    The Virgin Media ad with Peter Crouch signing for a bad team (worse than Stoke?) is pretty funny, but I don't think it's a particularly good way of selling Virgin Media. It's basically saying not to sign for the wrong broadcaster, but draws attention to its two main competitors, Sky and BT, by mentioning the fact that Virgin has both Sky Sports and BT Sport. So have Sky, and so have BT (kind of). The first thing I thought when I saw it was that Virgin Media are actually the "wrong side".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junnja wrote: »
    Well he hasn't got any option. Nope. I think the idea is, she'll think he's in touch with his sensitive side. It's the first thing he can think of. What if he is gay?

He's not gay, he wants to make a good impression on the girl bee and keep his mate away from her as you said. But giving her the impression that he's gay will hurt his chances more than letting his mate know about her

I realise I've thought about this advert for too long. But it doesn't make sense
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not gay, he wants to make a good impression on the girl bee and keep his mate away from her as you said. But giving her the impression that he's gay will hurt his chances more than letting his mate know about her

I realise I've thought about this advert for too long. But it doesn't make sense

I know he's not gay. You're the one who suggested he was creating that impression. I'm not gay, but I have a couple of close male friends who tell me they love me, and I them. Women always think it's lovely that we have no problem doing it. Life is too short, not to tell people how you feel about them.And it is a play on the Stevie Wonder song. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member

I couldn’t figure it out, either. Surely the company has failed if the viewer doesn’t know what the Hell is going on in the ad?
    One ad that I hate is the one with the women skipping....I don’t know what they are advertising.....but I get an overwhelming urge to punch the lot of them and flush their heads down the nearest toilets!If only!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn’t figure it out, either. Surely the company has failed if the viewer doesn’t know what the Hell is going on in the ad?

Thank you. It can't be that hard to write a 30 second advert that makes sense, that's why it really sticks out when it happens
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mullerrice - 'Rice, rice baby.' Good grief, this is as bad is that ISA ISA baby crap! :mad:
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Pampers ad with that woman roaring " I feel pretty "
    My ears, my ears :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't think there was anything that complicated going on.

[QUOTE=suelovesshoes;68252336One ad that I hate is the one with the women skipping....I don’t know what they are advertising.....but I get an overwhelming urge to punch the lot of them and flush their heads down the nearest toilets!If only![/QUOTE]

Maltesers.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,544
    Forum Member
    Bloody David Beckham .. which is on now :mad::mad:

Get that pillock off my tv :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The singing cruise ad with the family my god the guy in the yellow shirt is dreadful to the max. Is he singing crap on purpose or doing it because he sucks eggs?
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The Halifax advert "Linda you're our kind of person"
    It looks more like a B&Q advert FFS :confused:
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest magazine collection advert whereby you can collect models various Star Trek ships with each issue.

Not only do the 'superbly detailed' models look really cheap and nasty but I'm pretty sure the NX01 ( that's the one from Enterprise isn't it?) is the wrong colour.
  • Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Valerian wrote: »
    The Pampers ad with that woman roaring " I feel pretty "
    My ears, my ears :mad:

I emailed them and told them their ad made my 3 youngest kids scream in anguish. They are all under 2, by the way.
  • gazzatheredgazzathered Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    The Bold advert where the lad is working on his car and his dad comes in and makes him go and wash his clothes! Why would he do that. Plus the way his dad says softener bugs the cr*p out of me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bold advert where the lad is working on his car and his dad comes in and makes him go and wash his clothes! Why would he do that. Plus the way his dad says softener bugs the cr*p out of me.

'And don't forget the softener'

I hear you. My dad wouldn't give a flyin' f**k about whether I remembered the softener, or not. And that's because he wouldn't be telling me to wash my clothes in the first place.

It's so stilted and contrived, it's beyond belief. :mad:
  • BoiledSpoonsBoiledSpoons Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    kegsie wrote: »
    The latest magazine collection advert whereby you can collect models various Star Trek ships with each issue.

Not only do the 'superbly detailed' models look really cheap and nasty but I'm pretty sure the NX01 ( that's the one from Enterprise isn't it?) is the wrong colour.

I bought the first one, it's not too bad for £1.99. Of course the price then goes up to £9.99 for issue 2.

The NX01 should be darker, more a gunmetal colour - well spotted!

And as I was writing this the bloody ad came on...
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can tell the ideals of a nation by its advertisements. -- Norman Douglas

Wonga, Ambulance Chaser ads, Price comparison, Bingo etc...
This discussion has been closed.