Options

Didn't like the way Liam on BBBOTS slagged Carol off..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
Forum Member
He said he hated the way Carol called Charlotte a Geordie slag, fair enough. What bugged me was he carried on saying that she was basically calling all Geordies slags and that's not what she did at all!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen it yet but I don't like anyone slagging Carol off. :( lol

And yeah, I don't think she meant that at all either.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Janito wrote: »
    He said he hated the way Carol called Charlotte a Geordie slag, fair enough. What bugged me was he carried on saying that she was basically calling all Geordies slags and that's not what she did at all!:rolleyes:

Yeah I was a bit dissapointed - I usually like him. Carol has been a good friend to Charlotte in there surely he's seen that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More slagging off of Carol the better.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liam came across a bit odd tonight,whilst he had a lot to say,there wasn't much worth hearing. :o
  • Options
    I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was a bit dissapointed - I usually like him. Carol has been a good friend to Charlotte in there surely he's seen that?

Ditto

xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He just showed that he has no understanding of women at all; anyone who thinks that Carol 'seriously' called Charlotte that doesn't. As was said earlier in this thread, Carol loves Charlotte and there is no way she would call her that in a serious way, it was entirely due to Charlotte's show and what Charlotte calls herself (also said in a joking way).

I always find Liam very holier than thou on BOTS and TBH a tad boring. There's a difference between having an opinion and having a 'righteous' opinion - Liam has the latter and it's too nauseating for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mcjjjunior wrote: »
    He just showed that he has no understanding of women at all; anyone who thinks that Carol 'seriously' called Charlotte that doesn't. As was said earlier in this thread, Carol loves Charlotte and there is no way she would call her that in a serious way, it was entirely due to Charlotte's show and what Charlotte calls herself (also said in a joking way).

I always find Liam very holier than thou on BOTS and TBH a tad boring. There's a difference between having an opinion and having a 'righteous' opinion - Liam has the latter and it's too nauseating for me.

^All of the above ^
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I don't mind that he slagged her off - that's what the show is about lets be honest.

But I didn't think much of the point he chose to slag her off with. He had plenty to chose from and picked up on something that was repeated in Charlotte's presence - Charlotte laughed, Charlotte had said similarly about her self and it is old news anyway.

OK he is a Geordie and is likely to feel tribal about negative references to a fellow Geordie. But to extend it as if Carol was by analogy applying to all Geordies was unworthy of Liam's intelligence.
  • Options
    troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He loves to ramble on dosen't he
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    troy4783 wrote: »
    He loves to ramble on dosen't he
    No wonder Lauren looked worried when he met her in West Hampstead :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't mind that he slagged her off - that's what the show is about lets be honest.

But I didn't think much of the point he chose to slag her off with. He had plenty to chose from and picked up on something that was repeated in Charlotte's presence - Charlotte laughed, Charlotte had said similarly about her self and it is old news anyway.

OK he is a Geordie and is likely to feel tribal about negative references to a fellow Geordie. But to extend it as if Carol was by analogy applying to all Geordies was unworthy of Liam's intelligence.

Ha ha, you put it a lot more cleverly than me but I agree and wasn't bothered by him having a go at her but thought it was totally wrong to suggest she was calling ALL geordies, slags. Bugged me that nobody pulled him on it!
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

So why did Carol say "Geordie slag" rather than "Slag"? She clearly meant the 2 words to go together as a single concept.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    So why did Carol say "Geordie slag" rather than "Slag"? She clearly meant the 2 words to go together as a single concept.

Adding the Geordie to the slag is because Charlotte is personally a Geordie not referenced to all Geordies being slags.
    It's like the racism thing gone mad again, you can't mention someones place of origin without someone thinking you're tarring everyone from that place with the same brush.
    If someone calls me a scouse git I don't think they're talking about all Scousers cos they're referring to me personally!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

So if I describe something as a big red car does that mean I am implying that all red cars are big or all big cars are red?

You can add any number of adjectives before a noun and none of them imply that the adjective is intrinsically linked to the noun. That's just not how the language works.
  • Options
    MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More slagging off of Carol the better.

here, here, the nasty old hag...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Adding the Geordie to the slag is because Charlotte is personally a Geordie not referenced to all Geordies being slags.
    It's like the racism thing gone mad again, you can't mention someones place of origin without someone thinking you're tarring everyone from that place with the same brush.
    If someone calls me a scouse git I don't think they're talking about all Scousers cos they're referring to me personally!

Sorry Janito I hope you get this because I am not having a pop but your post made me laugh. You are of course quite right but when I read it I visualised you saying

I'm the only git in Liverpool in an I'm the only gay in the village way. Made me :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So if I describe something as a big red car does that mean I am implying that all red cars are big or all big cars are red?

You can add any number of adjectives before a noun and none of them imply that the adjective is intrinsically linked to the noun. That's just not how the language works.

Lol, I love you ha ha. But I think if Dodge cannot see that what Liam was saying was wrong then he/she won't understand a bloody word of what you've just put ;)
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was right about the alcohol though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry Janito I hope you get this because I am not having a pop but your post made me laugh. You are of course quite right but when I read it I visualised you saying

I'm the only git in Liverpool in an I'm the only gay in the village way. Made me :D:D:D

:cool::D
  • Options
    weekarnygeeweekarnygee Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Has anyone watched Geordie Shore, that is the character Charlotte portrays on that program. Carol also called her fake because she believes that Charlotte in the house in the real Charlotte and puts on an act in Geordie Shore pretending to be outrageous. I think that she said Charlotte had told her that she pretends to be so drunk as this is what they need for the show. I think it is obvious that Carol genuinely likes her and the Geordie Slag comment was not said in a nasty way but was a bit of banter. Vicky was genuinely horrible and I believe meant what she said
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :cool::D

Thank you for having a sense of humour. In fact that is probably an example of when a adjective and region do go hand in hand. Scousers by and large have an excellent sense of humour in my experience. I don't recall ever having met one without.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone watched Geordie Shore, that is the character Charlotte portrays on that program. Carol also called her fake because she believes that Charlotte in the house in the real Charlotte and puts on an act in Geordie Shore pretending to be outrageous. I think that she said Charlotte had told her that she pretends to be so drunk as this is what they need for the show. I think it is obvious that Carol genuinely likes her and the Geordie Slag comment was not said in a nasty way but was a bit of banter. Vicky was genuinely horrible and I believe meant what she said
    course it was, I agree - been annoying that that comment is pulled out the bag all the time as if it was being bitchy and negative, - Carol was laughing when she said it, and they all laughed about it then and since- it was banter and way it was said was obvious ! taken out of context so many time
  • Options
    tfftff Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Yeah, he's a bit of a self-righteous know-it-all:cool:
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liam is not even a Geordie - he's from Durham, isn't he? - and neither is Charlotte (she's from Sunderland). So he is taking offence on behalf of Geordies as some sort of fellow north easterner, although I think the reference to Geordie is because it is an identifiable well known moniker and possibly also because she is on a programme called that rather than because Carol was being derogatory about Geordies (even had Charlotte been one),
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At last, someone who gets it.