Options

Did bb fix the vote so Shilpa won in race row series

TalkmanTalkman Posts: 728
Forum Member
✭✭
Always thought it was odd she won as she was very boring also the normal bb straight after
Brian won the first black winner thoughts...

Comments

• Options
    freddieaxlfreddieaxl Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way. Shilpa was a lovely lady, and the bullying and huge controversy surrounding it sprung her to victory imo.

I wasn't surprised at all she won. She was my favourite that series. Very classy, forgiving and just an all-round nice lady.

And I don't think the race issue had anything to do with Brian winning. People liked him, I didn't, but a lot of people did. I thought the BB8 final was a one-horse race tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always thought some of the big brother winners were almost chosen by bb for pc reasons
    For instance the other Brian first gay winner nadia trans sexual winner then their was
    Pete who won with Tourette's
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - I got the memo.

They sent me a bundle of untraceable phone cards so that I could vote for her.
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't a fix, the stupid public bought in to it and wanted to prove they weren't racists etc.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    Yes - I got the memo.

They sent me a bundle of untraceable phone cards so that I could vote for her.

You had them too...? :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Brother don't administer the voting. It is run by an independent polling company, whose reputation would be trashed if they did anything to manipulate the votes.

Shilpa seemed the natural winner to me: polite, chatty (when she was with someone nice), gracious to Danielle when she made that dreadful apology ("I don't even mind if you touch the food!"), innocently flirty with Dirk, and at the centre of a really huge story.

As first Jermaine and then Dirk became wrapped in an impenetrable solemnity, Shilpa looked like the only natural winner.

As for Brian Belo, he got on well with almost everyone (not Carole, which did nothing but help him, or Gerry, but still), and was incredibly enthusiastic. It would be impossible to find a housemate who got out of bed in a more permanently sunny mood, and who greeted every task or activity with such glee. I just think he entertained people and lifted their spirits. He's never been popular on here, but neither have Cameron, Anthony, Josie or Sam, and they all won as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You had them too...? :cool:
    Shh...;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not saying you can fix the vote now but could you back then
    Besides its not against the law for a viewer to vote as many times as they want
    So what's to stop the bb crew production staff voting multiple times to affect the vote
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Brother don't administer the voting. It is run by an independent polling company, whose reputation would be trashed if they did anything to manipulate the votes.

Shilpa seemed the natural winner to me: polite, chatty (when she was with someone nice), gracious to Danielle when she made that dreadful apology ("I don't even mind if you touch the food!"), innocently flirty with Dirk, and at the centre of a really huge story.

As first Jermaine and then Dirk became wrapped in an impenetrable solemnity, Shilpa looked like the only natural winner.

As for Brian Belo, he got on well with almost everyone (not Carole, which did nothing but help him, or Gerry, but still), and was incredibly enthusiastic. It would be impossible to find a housemate who got out of bed in a more permanently sunny mood, and who greeted every task or activity with such glee. I just think he entertained people and lifted their spirits. He's never been popular on here, but neither have Cameron, Anthony, Josie or Sam, and they all won as well.
    That made me LOL :D
  • Options
    snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Shilpa from the start and wanted her to win before the whole race row. Plus, how was she boring compared to Jermaine? Was he an exciting housemate?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jermiane was always going to get the michael Jackson fan votes

Also the very first bb graig against the lesbian nun if I remember correctly the vote was 51/49
    In his favour graig won and give his 70 thousand winnings to that girl who he knew that was sick
    Can't remember exactly what was wrong with her but always felt bb helped him win
    Because they knew before hand he said he was going to give all his winnings away
    Which meant lots of publicity for big brother
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No need for a fix. It was obvious voters would pick her. The series became all about Shilpa & Jade.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Well no doubt the editing policy towards her (and Jade's mob) changed sharpish when the producers finally realised how the racism scandal was playing out in the media and amongst the viewers....but that's not what most people consider to be a fix.
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talkman wrote: »
    Jermiane was always going to get the michael Jackson fan votes

Also the very first bb graig against the lesbian nun if I remember correctly the vote was 51/49
    In his favour graig won and give his 70 thousand winnings to that girl who he knew that was sick
    Can't remember exactly what was wrong with her but always felt bb helped him win
    Because they knew before hand he said he was going to give all his winnings away
    Which meant lots of publicity for big brother

She had Downs and needed a brain operation that could only be done in America. I am not sure if she had the op but she has since died so perhaps not.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    No, it wasn't fixed, in fact the producers and the spin-off shows did everything they could to support Jade and the rest of the covens disgraceful behaviour.

I actually liked Jermaine and Face in that series and didn't really like Shilpa at all. However, the treatment she received in the house was appalling and I will never forget going to bed in tears when Jade had a "chat" with Shilpa with Chilo (sp) sat watching. It was awful viewing and either Jade or Shilpa should have been called to the DR to stop what was happening.

After that I couldn't help but, want to make everything alright and happily voted for her in the final. Shilpa wasn't my ideal HM but, she showed far more restraint and class than most people ever could in that pressure cooker of a house.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    No, it wasn't fixed, in fact the producers and the spin-off shows did everything they could to support Jade and the rest of the covens disgraceful behaviour.

I actually liked Jermaine and Face in that series and didn't really like Shilpa at all. However, the treatment she received in the house was appalling and I will never forget going to bed in tears when Jade had a "chat" with Shilpa with Chilo (sp) sat watching. It was awful viewing and either Jade or Shilpa should have been called to the DR to stop what was happening.

After that I couldn't help but, want to make everything alright and happily voted for her in the final. Shilpa wasn't my ideal HM but, she showed far more restraint and class than most people ever could in that pressure cooker of a house.

Indeed everything was done early doors to make Jade and her brood seem pleasant, they apparently left out her horrid screaming at an elderly man, which Ken Russel said happened, and then weren't showing the bullying on the main show, but people who were watching it on live feed made them do so. There was also stuff about Jade and Jack doing limericks involving the word P"ki that was left out.

So, no, in every way Shilpa probably was badly edited, because the scummy BB producers were trying to cover their backs. Because they let in someone who'd bullied in every Reality show she'd been in, then pretended surprise she'd done it this time.
  • Options
    SweetSyrupSweetSyrup Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed everything was done early doors to make Jade and her brood seem pleasant, they apparently left out her horrid screaming at an elderly man, which Ken Russel said happened, and then weren't showing the bullying on the main show, but people who were watching it on live feed made them do so. There was also stuff about Jade and Jack doing limericks involving the word P"ki that was left out.

So, no, in every way Shilpa probably was badly edited, because the scummy BB producers were trying to cover their backs. Because they let in someone who'd bullied in every Reality show she'd been in, then pretended surprise she'd done it this time.

It makes you wonder what we've missed with live feed gone over the years.. :( Jade may have come out that series a martyr & series winner, battling the odds against a spoilt movie star princess (to big cheers and newspaper deals) without live feed..

Oh well.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SweetSyrup wrote: »
    It makes you wonder what we've missed with live feed gone over the years.. :( Jade may have come out that series a martyr & series winner, battling the odds against a spoilt movie star princess (to big cheers and newspaper deals) without live feed..

Oh well.

Well this is the thing isn't it, with Jim Davidson and the like, without live-feed the show becomes utterly pointless, as a reality show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree about the live feed it really was big brother when it was live 24/7
    There was no hiding place for housemates everything was live on e4 or red button,
    Since the live feed has gone its just a tv show now where the producers Can fix the show
    In a different way they can make anyone look good or bad depending on there edit

A good example of this is the series that jedward was in,
    Not once did we see them out of character
    It's like it's was in there contract not to show them as they really are
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    She had Downs and needed a brain operation that could only be done in America. I am not sure if she had the op but she has since died so perhaps not.
    Her name was Joanne and it was a heart & lung transplant.
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    i found her haughty and unlikeable her winning was a nation saying sorry
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    i found her haughty and unlikeable her winning was a nation saying sorry
    'Arrogantly superior and disdainful?'

I don't believe so - not her fault if others feel inferior around her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    Talkman wrote: »
    I agree about the live feed it really was big brother when it was live 24/7
    There was no hiding place for housemates everything was live on e4 or red button,
    Since the live feed has gone its just a tv show now where the producers Can fix the show
    In a different way they can make anyone look good or bad depending on there edit

A good example of this is the series that jedward was in,
    Not once did we see them out of character

It's like it's was in there contract not to show them as they really are

I'am not as cynical as most on DS re the edit and lack of LF....but I have to admit I never could quite fathom the Jedward edit...because as you say not one second of footage of them " out of character " was shown....unless of course the characture they portray really is them.

Re Shilpa vote....we can argue about the edit and audience manipulation until the cows come home but the one thing on the show which can' never be fixed is the actual number of votes cast for any particular HM.
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    'Arrogantly superior and disdainful?'

I don't believe so - not her fault if others feel inferior around her.

when she sneered at jade and said "your claim to fame is this" that said everything.jades fame may have been based on reality tv but shilpa lost the right to look down on jade once she had decided to take part in reality tv herself
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    when she sneered at jade and said "your claim to fame is this" that said everything.jades fame may have been based on reality tv but shilpa lost the right to look down on jade once she had decided to take part in reality tv herself
    She "sneered" at Jade after Jade attacked her for using too many oxo-cubes. I think Shilpa's got the right to look down on Jade after the way Jade treated her.