Options

Happy 4/20!

HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
Forum Member
✭✭✭
May I be the first here to wish all fellow cannabis consumers a happy and contented April 20th.. :)

There'll be about 5,000-10,000 cannabis smokers, smoking pot in Hyde park (speakers corner) today from about 1pm onward. It's estimated this year will beat last years turn out of around 5,000. If you're at a loose end why not head down for 4:20pm to join in the civil disobedience? :cool:

Facebook Event page for 4/20 London

What is 4/20?

Comments

• Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    Don't forget your umbrellas.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tokes amazeballs.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure it's illegal to do that, all weed smokers are losers.

Happy birthday Hitler.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have a chilled day :D
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is that even allowed?
  • Options
    GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wont be there, but I'll be joining you anyway :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    How is that even allowed?

You try to arrest 100 people simultaneously smoking weed, let alone 5,000 :cool:

The police are usually there, have a helicopter flying overhead from time to time and keep an eye from a distance from a few cars but they don't take any action because to do so would be silly. The police are there to primarily deter dealers.

It's a peaceful protest and day of celebration in cannabis culture which has occurred in Hyde Park annually for years and goes without issue the vast majority of the time.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    May I be the first here to wish all fellow cannabis consumers a happy and contented April 20th.. :)

There'll be about 5,000-10,000 cannabis smokers, smoking pot in Hyde park (speakers corner) today from about 1pm onward. It's estimated this year will beat last years turn out of around 5,000. If you're at a loose end why not head down for 4:20pm to join in the civil disobedience? :cool:

Facebook Event page for 4/20 London

What is 4/20?

The people downwind of all that are in for an interesting day.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'll just stick to my turkey and ham really.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's illegal to do that, all weed smokers are losers.

Happy birthday Hitler.

Godwins invoked at post 4 on a thread about cannabis. Gotta be a record.

Anyway, thanks OP - the sooner pot is legalised the better.
  • Options
    fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    20/4

we are not American.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fleabee wrote: »
    20/4

we are not American.

I blame the drugs.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    20/4

we are not American.

Thats what I was thinking, since when did we use the Amercian way of stating the date?

I would advise anyone to steer clear of Hyde Park today, imagine what it would be like if you took your young children there for a walk/ feed the ducks? a cloud of smoke and thousands of druggies staggering about? delightful. I hope this has been well advertised so that families can avoid the park today.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20/4

we are not American.
    If you read the Wikipedia page you may understand a little more.

It is true, most of us aren't American. I do like a good fact :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    20/4

we are not American.

Yeah, but it's not just a date, it's now a term enshrined in culture.

Do you call September the 11th 9/11 or 11/9?
  • Options
    MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20/4

we are not American.

it's a bit of a fudge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Yeah, but it's not just a date, it's now a term enshrined in culture.

Do you call September the 11th 9/11 or 11/9?

I call it that.
  • Options
    I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Thats what I was thinking, since when did we use the Amercian way of stating the date?

I would advise anyone to steer clear of Hyde Park today, imagine what it would be like if you took your young children there for a walk/ feed the ducks? a cloud of smoke and thousands of druggies staggering about? delightful. I hope this has been well advertised so that families can avoid the park today.

OMG yes - won't somebody think of the children?
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is there an equivalent to Godwins's Law for the first "Think of the children" type post in a thread that's NOT about children? If not, there should be.
  • Options
    A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    If I had a corner shop or chip shop I'd be making a ****ing killing around there today.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    LakieLady wrote: »
    Is there an equivalent to Godwins's Law for the first "Think of the children" type post in a thread that's NOT about children? If not, there should be.

I did not say wont someone think of the children,read again( or are you drugged up? ;)) I said, there will be families going to the park with their children, I hope that there has been enough publicity up there so that people know it will be a no go area for them. Even the facebook page says it will NOT be a place for children today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I, Candy wrote: »
    OMG yes - won't somebody think of the children?

It's a Godwin variation that uses children rather than Nazis. Is that more or less evil?

* looks at the post that's now about this one *

Well that will teach me not to have threads open for more than 5 minutes before posting a reply :p.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

You seem to be the only sensible one on here. A park full of junkies and we've got to inhale what theyre smoking. Im a smoker and would not even dream of lighting up my legal B&H in public... let alone lighting a spliff!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You seem to be the only sensible one on here. A park full of junkies and we've got to inhale what theyre smoking. Im a smoker and would not even dream of lighting up my legal B&H in public... let alone lighting a spliff!!

Hey now, see my post #9. I managed to say that maybe this would not be appreciated by all without bringing out the child bomb!

Frankly, I couldn't give a stuff about the children. They should be at home giving their uncle the evil eye for not buying them the Easter eggs they said they didn't want because they are on a diet, but which they secretly seem to have hoped he'd buy anyway, forgetting that their uncle is not psychic.

Yeah, off to be glared at now...
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I am all for smoking pot I am totally against smoking in public and forcing your disgusting (yet lovely smelling) second hand smoke on people trying to enjoy the park, so I hope the police use water canons on you extinguishing all your lovely spliffs :D