DISNEY CineMagic to close March 28th

Comments

• sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it will by the FULL Sky Movies pack

Prices

£5 month for existing Disney Cinemagic standalone customers for a limited time and for a short time only, then it will go up to £16 a month currently

£16 a month for Sky Movies customers (both new and existing)

£8 a month if you have BOTH Sky Sports and Sky Movies together (both new and existing customers)

That is not a replacement as you well know Joshua, as it already exists, the OP wanted to know what channel would be REPLACING it.

Try to get your facts right please, and read posts correctly.
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Welby has never been right, for a journalist i would have expected him to get his story right before he posted.
  • Mockney-RebelMockney-Rebel Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Especially the short eight minute cartoons, which used to take a full six months to complete in the day.
    Oh the days of hand drawn cartoons, I remember them well.
    Quite liked the Fleischer cartoons but Disney always seemed to have the edge.

The old ones are the best! :)

It's a shame the Disney network has archived much of its vintage programming, there's definitely still a market for it.
  • Mockney-RebelMockney-Rebel Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    daniel99 wrote: »
    Mr Welby has never been right, for a journalist i would have expected him to get his story right before he posted.

Now we know why so many journalists get into trouble!
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daniel99 wrote: »

The extent of Mr Welby's journalistic work was posting reviews of products on Amazon. :rolleyes:
  • RileyMRileyM Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In case you've not seen yet,

Disney Cinemagic (which closes on 28 March) is being replaced, the very next day by Sky Movies Disney (HD).

See here (and many other threads)
  • lesnar01lesnar01 Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RileyM wrote: »
    In case you've not seen yet,

Disney Cinemagic (which closes on 28 March) is being replaced, the very next day by Sky Movies Disney (HD).

See here (and many other threads)

thank u for that riley here is the info http://www.sky.com/mysky/latestnews/article/my-sky-updates/2013-02/introducing-sky-movies-disney/ :)
  • Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lesnar01 wrote: »
    According to that link, 'Sky Movies Disney' will be placed at EPG 305, so some reshuffing of the Sky branded channels in the Movies genre will take place at some point, most likely the same morning as Sky Movies Disney launches.
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    New deal? So a new Disney/Sky movie channel, (maybe Sky Movies Disney?) with the normal cartoons CineMagic used to show now going on to Disney, Disney XD or Disney Junior, or perhaps a new channel to replace CineMagic's EPG slot called Disney Toons or something?
    Well predicted! (on 31/01/2013)
  • arrasarras Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    As there is a Disney Cinemagic +1, do you think there's going to be a Sky Movies Disney +1?
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    It is no wonder then, that they wanted to upgrade existing Disney Cinemagic customers onto the Sky Movies package

See Here for their Q&As http://www.sky.com/mysky/latestnews/article/my-sky-updates/2013-02/get-set-for-sky-movies-disney-frequently-asked-questions/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arras wrote: »
    As there is a Disney Cinemagic +1, do you think there's going to be a Sky Movies Disney +1?

an idea could be to close disney cinemagic +1 and sky premier +1 cos both channels are not needed anymore with on demand these days so watch this space :)
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    an idea could be to close disney cinemagic +1 and sky premier +1 cos both channels are not needed anymore with on demand these days so watch this space :)

Not everyone has On Demand, though.
  • arrasarras Posts: 407
    Forum Member

I hope Sky do get rid of them, Premiere +1 content is constantly replayed on Premiere, while Cinemagic +1 content will probably be replayed on the Sky Movies Disney channel.
  • DykeolicousDykeolicous Posts: 3,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well On Demand is free and there has been offers for wireless connectors free for them adding Movies recently :D

Sky Movies Disney I hope will now have more major titles than the sequels which were on Cinematic so much.
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well On Demand is free and there has been offers for wireless connectors free for them adding Movies recently :D

Sky Movies Disney I hope will now have more major titles than the sequels which were on Cinematic so much.

There are still many areas with rubbish broadband coverage, so on demand in not always an option.

Plus not everyone has unlimited broadband.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

no but the films r repeated and plenty of ways to catch up if u have missed ur film and with hd growing thats where the focus is going to be :D
  • DykeolicousDykeolicous Posts: 3,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KesterK wrote: »
    There are still many areas with rubbish broadband coverage, so on demand in not always an option.

Plus not everyone has unlimited broadband.

On Demand works on any speed. Having a slow speed does not mean you can't use the service.

If you are on a measured broadband product you can find out file sizes off all items prior to downloading.

:)
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the Sky Movies Disney launch schedule, from DigiGuide.

Thursday 28th March
    06:00 Countdown to Launch
    18:00 Brave (2012)
    19:35 Short films:
    - 19:35 La Luna
    - 19:45 Luxi Jr.
    - 19:50 Presto

20:00 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
    22:35 Freaky Friday (2003)
    00:20 Lion King Special
    00:40 The Making of.. Pirates of the Caribbean 3.
    Close until 6am.

Friday 29th March
    06:00 The Fox and The Hound
    07:30 Brave Special
    09:45 National Treasure
    12:00 A Bug's Life
    13:40 The Fox and The Hound
    15:10 The Fox and The Hound 2
    16:30 Brave
    18:15 A Bug's Life
    20:00 National Treasure
    22:10 Pirates of the Caribbean 2: At World's End

There are no listings for Sky Movies Classics from 28th March confirming this channel will be scrapped. Sky Movies Indie seems to continue as normal with no classics added to its schedule.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky Movies Indie seems to continue as normal with no classics added to its schedule.

With Sky Movies Modern Greats becoming Sky Movies Greats would assume the classics movies will appear on there and across the other channels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are no listings for Sky Movies Classics from 28th March confirming this channel will be scrapped. Sky Movies Indie seems to continue as normal with no classics added to its schedule.
    That's very disappointing news ineed, for me personally, it looks like it's bye bye Sky Movies pack. I just can't accept paying the same amount but for one less channel, it's a loss of choice in my opinion. Sky Disney should be the replacement for Cinemagic, not a Sky channel.
  • jimbojimbo Posts: 16,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That explains it. I posted in another thread that

4013 was using the same capacity as Sky Movies Classics

So it looks as if

Sky Movies Disney will replace Sky Movies Classics
    Sky Movies Select will replace Sky Movies Indie
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Digi Man wrote: »
    That's very disappointing news ineed, for me personally, it looks like it's bye bye Sky Movies pack. I just can't accept paying the same amount but for one less channel, it's a loss of choice in my opinion. Sky Disney should be the replacement for Cinemagic, not a Sky channel.

I understand your reaction, but thinking about it there may be one less channel, but there will presumably be the same number of films spread across them, albeit repeated less often. And, with the vast majority of those films being available on-demand, I can't see that being an inconvenience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understand your reaction, but thinking about it there may be one less channel, but there will presumably be the same number of films spread across them, albeit repeated less often. And, with the vast majority of those films being available on-demand, I can't see that being an inconvenience.
    I've no interest in "On Demand", most of it I can't get because our three Sky+HD boxes aren't connected to the internet, and I've no plans to connect them. I'm interested in linear channels, that's what we started paying for when we fist joined Sky. These changes mean one less channel, which means less choice, and value for money, in my opinion. It doesn't make any sense to replace a channel that has adult content with one that has mainly kids content.

There's no reason whatsoever why Sky Disney can't replace Cinemagic.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's already been announced Modern Greats, Indie and Classic will merge into both Sky Movies Greats and Sky Movies Select with content ranged over the two channels