Chuck Season 5 - The Final Season! (US Pace) [Spoilers MUST be in tags!]

12346»

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but do we really want it to carry on though ?

it would have to be quite contrived for them to start up again, considering how they ended it. Ellie and Awesome would probably have to lose their jobs in Chicago and move back home for one thing, unless they were relegated to guest star status.

They'd have to potentially create a whole new criminal organisation and, potentially, magically discover that the last ever intersect isn't actually the last ever intersect after all.

Sure, they could probably have Shaw sprung from Jail and have him start up a company devoted to developing a new intersect, but then they've done that plotline already.

It might work as a series of one-off tv movies, like stargate, but overall i'd be quite happy for the end to actually be the end and it to not come back.
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

it would have to be quite contrived for them to start up again, considering how they ended it. Ellie and Awesome would probably have to lose their jobs in Chicago and move back home for one thing, unless they were relegated to guest star status.

They'd have to potentially create a whole new criminal organisation and, potentially, magically discover that the last ever intersect isn't actually the last ever intersect after all.

Sure, they could probably have Shaw sprung from Jail and have him start up a company devoted to developing a new intersect, but then they've done that plotline already.

It might work as a series of one-off tv movies, like stargate, but overall i'd be quite happy for the end to actually be the end and it to not come back.

Indeed - Chuck is finished now. The story of these characters has been told, and a wonderful and satisfying story it was. As sad as it is to see it go, it is gone. Anything further would simply undo the culmination of 5 years of great work.

5 excellent years. From Vicki Vale to the kiss on the beach, a great ride.

Pineapple:)
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so happy with the ending. I was worried I was going to be disappointed but I agree with you all, it was a great way to end it and I'm glad that they took their time with Sarah's memory returning; I was afraid they may have made her remember from the dream house. Loved all the references from throughout the show; as soon as I saw the Weinerlicious and Jeff and Lester going to the concert, I got so excited :D

Going to have rewatch it all over again. So many things I've forgotten, but I think I will always feel a bit sad now when I see it again just because that's the end. I'm just very happy it was a good ending.
  • GeeMan1973GeeMan1973 Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought the ending was Epic and the last 2 episodes we overall brilliant. I did think that it seemed that there was some fast editing, the whole Ellie/Awesome going to Chicago, Ellie/Chuck's Mum re-visiting and Casey running off was all a bit rushed through.
    But it was hard to expect them to cram everything into the whole 2 episodes and all in all it was just brilliant.

I found the reboot of Sarah interesting and thought that Yvonne's acting was excellent and you really thought she didn't love Chuck for a lot of those scenes, there was genuine tension. I loved all of the flashbacks and it was so lovely to see all the characters having some time of closure.

But I was very sad to think that this is the end of Chuck, even when it's a filler episode - I always found Chick made me smile and I enjoyed it more than most other shows around.

So it was awesome, but equally horrible. I will miss them all - and it will be difficult to know there will be no more new episodes of the show.

I totally fell in love with Sarah/Yvonne and Chuck and the thought of not seeing them again is actually really sad. I hope they both go onto bigger and better things, I think Yvonne has a great future ahead of her (as long as she stays away from sh1te like Killer Elite and keeps her US accent). But I think Zachary will find it harder to escape the 'geek' Chuck persona.

It was clear that the writers/producers and actors all loved the show and in my opinion they kept a high standard throughout and although there were a few odd episodes, it never went the way of Heroes and lost the plot.

Chuck is dead. Long live CHUCK.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re. editing and cramming everything in:

http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/chuck-series-finale-spoilers-secrets-recap-review/
    TVLine wrote:
    TVLINE | If I gave you an extra hour for the finale, what would you have done with it?
    SCHWARTZ | The original [cut] was almost an extra hour longer.
    FEDAK | It’s true. Chuck episodes sometimes come in a little long — not this season as much, but this one came in quite a bit long. We actually got it a little bit of extra time from NBC for it.
    SCHWARTZ | Some of the additional scenes will be on the DVD.
    FEDAK | That’s right, we actually have a longer version coming out on the DVD.

TVLINE | Simply extended edits of scenes or also new entire scenes?
    SCHWARTZ | You’ll have a couple of entire scenes. It will be eight minutes longer. And there are extended scenes within Act 5. It will be nice.
    FEDAK | So even after tonight, there will still be the opportunity to see some new Chuck.
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    Fitting end to a fantastic series.

Chuck, The Show That Refused to Die!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a thought. Chuck had the last intersect programmed to save Sarah right ?

But he said at the last minute he needed it to defuse the bomb and save everyone.

Why couldn't he have given it to Sarah and get her to defuse the bomb ?

Surely the knowledge of the bomb was stored in the intersect and it wouldn't have mattered who had it ?

Bit of a plot hole there methinks ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a thought. Chuck had the last intersect programmed to save Sarah right ?

But he said at the last minute he needed it to defuse the bomb and save everyone.

Why couldn't he have given it to Sarah and get her to defuse the bomb ?

Surely the knowledge of the bomb was stored in the intersect and it wouldn't have mattered who had it ?

Bit of a plot hole there methinks ..

As the only way to defuse the bomb was through the intersect to open the case. The glasses only had one upload left and Ellie needed to modify the glasses so it could restore Sarah's memories, she couldn't do it whilst Sarah already had the intersect.

My question is does Sarah still have an intersect, yes her memory was gone but I don't remember it ever being taken out?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fedak and Schwartz have said in the last two episodes she didn't have it so I guess all the memory erasing at the end of episode 11 got rid of it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AshSan wrote: »
    Fedak and Schwartz have said in the last two episodes she didn't have it so I guess all the memory erasing at the end of episode 11 got rid of it?

I think that's it - i think it was basically wiped out. And even if she did have it, the new intersect would have, according to the plot, fixed it so she still would have been able to defuse the bomb.
  • VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pretty decent ending, I thought, but if it did come back for one last episode/TV movie, I'd like them to have Chuck and Sarah chasing down the bad guys in Chicago, where Casey is on a mission, Morgan and Alex are on honeymoon, Jeffster are on tour, and Big Mike is at a Subway conference. If it's going to be contrived, they should really go for it. :D Oh, and Pop Bartowski should show up, too. I always felt they intended to bring him back from the dead at some point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    chuck is not dead, i'm making him alive !
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN1zkGR0qK697ggP32RNmqg/videosI

:p