could Armenia win?

2»

Comments

• MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Whenever anyone mentions Armenia, all I can think of is those two funny women in 2009, going 'Everybody move your body etc'. That was hilarious:D

'Jan Jan' was brilliant!! I was over the moon when it did as well as it did in the final. :D
  • matrix2021matrix2021 Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I genuinely can't understand where the hype for the song has come from. It's not quintessentially 'Eurovision', the lyrics are quite contrived and dub-step says "HELLO!" from back in 2011.

If it's garnering merit based on this latter point, the inclusion of the dub step is messy to say the least, adding random out of time dub wobbles does not make this song unique. Also, let us not forget what happened to poor old Hannah from Slovenia last year with her dubby nonsense, which ironically, was executed and produced more slickly than this tripe.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever anyone mentions Armenia, all I can think of is those two funny women in 2009, going 'Everybody move your body etc'. That was hilarious:D

Inga and Anush were AMAZING!
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    I can't see Armenia as a winner to be honest. The first two minutes are pretty dull and there's no clear hook. Fantastic song but there's a lot more to winning than just that.
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly, however it only had an impact imo once the dubstep kicked in. 2 minutes too late tbh. Quite repetitive too which gets boring over time.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matrix2021 wrote: »
    I genuinely can't understand where the hype for the song has come from. It's not quintessentially 'Eurovision', the lyrics are quite contrived and dub-step says "HELLO!" from back in 2011.

If it's garnering merit based on this latter point, the inclusion of the dub step is messy to say the least, adding random out of time dub wobbles does not make this song unique. Also, let us not forget what happened to poor old Hannah from Slovenia last year with her dubby nonsense, which ironically, was executed and produced more slickly than this tripe.

I have a lot of reservations about the song despite liking it. There's no guarantee the televoters will go for it, and I'm puzzled as to why fans have all latched onto this one when there are a load of strong ballads this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think Armenia could be in line for a win. The hype behind it is immense. It's YouTube video has just hit 1 million views last night. It's storming ahead in polls like this - not just by a little percentage, either. But the song has 50% of all votes cast (our of thousands).

I think it's looking more and more likely every day that it will be Yerevan 2015.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's top 5 for sure, probably 2nd or 3rd. I won't be surprised if it did win, but right now I think it's more likely to just miss out as it's not up-tempo.
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    I actually think Armenia could be in line for a win. The hype behind it is immense. It's YouTube video has just hit 1 million views last night. It's storming ahead in polls like this - not just by a little percentage, either. But the song has 50% of all votes cast (our of thousands).

I think it's looking more and more likely every day that it will be Yerevan 2015.

That poll is totally unreliable, for the last 2 weeks UK was way out in the lead before a surge of spam votes put Romania ahead 2 weeks ago and last week it was Romania along with Spain.

This to me looks like very early spam votes for Armenia, with some spam votes for Azerbaijan, because there is no way Armenia is that far ahead of the field, even taking into account the fact it is the bookies favourite. Also finally it only opened last night so it would be virtually impossible for it to have reached nearly 3,000 votes if there wasn't anything dodgy going on.

But to be honest, I am not that keen on the Armenia song as just don't see it as a winner at all and think people are just latching on to something slightly modern and hyping it because some Eurovision fans love nothing more than hyping something to death.
  • Wee_OneWee_One Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryP wrote: »
    That poll is totally unreliable, for the last 2 weeks UK was way out in the lead before a surge of spam votes put Romania ahead 2 weeks ago and last week it was Romania along with Spain.

This to me looks like very early spam votes for Armenia, with some spam votes for Azerbaijan, because there is no way Armenia is that far ahead of the field, even taking into account the fact it is the bookies favourite. Also finally it only opened last night so it would be virtually impossible for it to have reached nearly 3,000 votes if there wasn't anything dodgy going on.

But to be honest, I am not that keen on the Armenia song as just don't see it as a winner at all and think people are just latching on to something slightly modern and hyping it because some Eurovision fans love nothing more than hyping something to death.

I completely agree. I wasn't going to say anything, especially on other forums, at the risk of being slammed but I think we're moving into an social era now where I truly think 'false hype' is being created - and I think there is definitely a 'success case' for it.

Sure, favourites have bombed before - but being consistently top of polls, youtube hits, positive comments etc does make people look, listen to your song and some would argue, push producers to giving your song a better place in the running order. After what has been exposed in the past regarding vote rigging etc, it would not surprise me at all if 'false hyping' is surfacing on the underbelly of Eurovision too.

Perhaps I'm completly wrong though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryP wrote: »

This poll only went live last night... I'm assuming you mean the Semi Final one...
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Male ballads tend not to set the televote alight though, especially in the final......they've done surprisingly badly.
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This poll only went live last night... I'm assuming you mean the Semi Final one...

Every week they have had a vote for your favourite poll out of all the selected entries up until that point. For the last 2 weeks, UK had lead comfortably for the whole week until the last day when a surge of votes pushed Romania ahead 2 weeks ago and both Romania and Spain last week. Wouldn't be surprised is something similar happens again this week, but at any rate Armenia has scored 3,411, which is more in less than 24 hours then Spain got last week even with the spam voting, so I just refuse to believe this is 100% genuine.
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    I had a look last night when the poll first went up and Romania was leading with 47, followed by the UK with around 37 and Armenia with around 30. I fail to believe Armenia got such a massive lead so quickly.
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Armenia is amongst my favourites this year, however I am quite glad that not everyone is taking to it, if only so there can be a close result.