Options

Danielle O'Hara

Comments

• Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she apologised for her racist behaviour, why are you questioning whether or not she was racist?

What strange sophistry. Nothing in my post assumed or presupposed that her behaviour was racist. You claimed she never apologised. You were wrong. She did apologise, more than once.

Anyway, I'm not questioning whether or not she was racist. I just what to know what you think was specifically racist in her behaviour or words.
    As to your post about Jade, at no point was she forgiven until she was dying - remember she was diagnosed very quickly after CBB and was terminal quickly after that.

What do you mean "at no point was she forgiven until she was dying"? Some people forgave her; some even thought she hadn't done anything very wrong; some still haven't forgiven her; plenty still haven't forgiven Danielle.
    There were people on this forum who believed - up to the day she died, that she was making the cancer up so that people would forgive her for CBB.

So?
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Round of applause :D

The applause should be for you...I followed your instructions to a t... So thanks x
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    What strange sophistry. Nothing in my post assumed or presupposed that her behaviour was racist. You claimed she never apologised. You were wrong. She did apologise, more than once.
    Anyway, I'm not questioning whether or not she was racist. I just what to know what you think was specifically racist in her behaviour or words.

What do you mean "at no point was she forgiven until she was dying"? Some people forgave her; some even thought she hadn't done anything very wrong; some still haven't forgiven her; plenty still haven't forgiven Danielle.

So?
    If she apologised for racist behaviour, I do not understand why you are questioning me about whether it was racist behaviour. It was.

We were talking about in the media, were we not? JG was not forgiven in the media until they had a different angle that they could pursue with her.

As to the "so" - I was answering your question - I won't bother if that is the level of rudeness you show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artless
    I would say some media " forgave" Jade before she got ill and some didn't ...not hat it was upto them to forgive ..the only person that was upto was Shilpa and she did .. That's who IMO mattered in all this ...
    As for Danielle ..she stated at the time she did not feel her comments were racist but if they'd been interpreted that way then she was very sorry as that was not her intention .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artless
    I would say some media " forgave" Jade before she got ill and some didn't ...not hat it was upto them to forgive ..the only person that was upto was Shilpa and she did .. That's who IMO mattered in all this ...
    As for Danielle ..she stated at the time she did not feel her comments were racist but if they'd been interpreted that way then she was very sorry as that was not her intention .

Betty - the fact that her agent had SPECIFICALLY told her not to be racist tells me everything I need to know.

As does the fact that she did not view what she said or did as racist.

We are not going to agree, I saw and heard what I did, and have based my opinion on that. As I do most things. Nothing I have been shown or read today has changed my mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Betty - the fact that her agent had SPECIFICALLY told her not to be racist tells me everything I need to know.

We are not going to agree, I saw and heard what I did, and have based my opinion on that. As I do most things. Nothing I have been shown or read today has changed my mind.

Do you remember the comment Jermain Jackson made ...I considered that racist..yet nothing has been said about him
    He made a comment about the colour of their skin when talking to Shilpa and she agreed ... I'm not saying 2 wrongs don't make a right...but I do believe racism can be be the other way round
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she apologised for racist behaviour, I do not understand why you are questioning me about whether it was racist behaviour. It was.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to disentangle such sophistry. That she apologised doesn't mean the behaviour was racist, and your calling it "racist behaviour" doesn't change that.
    We were talking about in the media, were we not? JG was not forgiven in the media until they had a different angle that they could pursue with her.

As to the "so" - I was answering your question - I won't bother if that is the level of rudeness you show.

So you were talking about in the media, and then you referred to what some people in this forum believed? My "so?" was to ask what the significance of those people in the forum was supposed to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you remember the comment Jermain Jackson made ...I considered that racist..yet nothing has been said about him

:confused: Was he at Ladies Day?

Do I have to mention everyone I consider to be racist before I am allowed an opinion on the one that the thread is about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have neither the time nor the inclination to disentangle such sophistry. That she apologised doesn't mean the behaviour was racist, and your calling it "racist behaviour" doesn't change that.

So you were talking about in the media, and then you referred to what some people in this forum believed? My "so?" was to ask what the significance of those people in the forum was supposed to be.

Yeah, but, again, I and very many other people, including the victim, believed the behaviour was racist - even if Danielle claims it wasn't meant as such.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused: Was he at Ladies Day?

Do I have to mention everyone I consider to be racist before I am allowed an opinion on the one that the thread is about?

No he was in the house at the same time as Danielle ,Shilpa etc
    I would also like to point out ...Danielle's agent didn't write her a letter about not being racist...she wrote her a list of do's n don'ts not specifically do not be racist ...another media spin
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No he was in the house at the same time as Danielle ,Shilpa etc

And again...his relevance to this thread a Danielle's behaviour is what?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And again...his relevance to this thread a Danielle's behaviour is what?

And again...what has her alleged behaviour at Aintree got to do with racism?...... But you have commented on it over and over again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's very telling that you won't say what you think was specifically racist in her behaviour or words and instead treat that from her agent as conclusive proof.

What's happened to your theory that she apologised for racist behaviour?

You still claim she never apologised?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artless
    I also don't wish to get into an argument with ou ...but it was infant you who brought racism into it with me in your first reply to a post I made
    post #47 ...after I'd made it clear I wasn't interested in discussing what happened in the CBB house ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artless
    I also don't wish to get into an argument with ou ...but it was infant you who brought racism into it with me in your first reply to a post I made

????

Betty, you keep throwing random other zelebs at me...this thread is about DO'H. For the record, racism, sexism, ageism etc all bad.

As is ignorance.

If you want to debate every zeleb who has ever been accused of racism, we can. None of that will change my mind about thinking that DO'H is a very ugly person underneath her very orange skin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but, again, I and very many other people, including the victim, believed the behaviour was racist - even if Danielle claims it wasn't meant as such.

The victim (Shilpa) said something about racism, but then took it back. And I don't think that when she said it she referred specifically to anything Danielle had done or said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's very telling that you won't say what you think was specifically racist in her behaviour or words and instead treat that from her agent as conclusive proof.

What's happened to your theory that she apologised for racist behaviour?

You still claim she never apologised?

It's
    not
    at
    all
    telling
    - although
    your
    inability
    to
    accept
    that
    her
    behaviour
    and
    words
    were
    racist,
    is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's
    not
    at
    all
    telling
    - although
    your
    inability
    to
    accept
    that
    her
    behaviour
    and
    words
    were
    racist,
    is.

You have been asked more than once but have never replied...what did she say that was racist?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ????

Betty, you keep throwing random other zelebs at me...this thread is about DO'H. For the record, racism, sexism, ageism etc all bad.

As is ignorance.

If you want to debate every zeleb who has ever been accused of racism, we can. None of that will change my mind about thinking that DO'H is a very ugly person underneath her very orange skin.

I was referring to CBB ..at the same time the three women were being branded as racists .. Jermain Jackson made a comment about them ..in his comment he mentioned their skin colour... Which to me is racist...but he was never slaughtered in the press infact it wasn't brought up..Shilpa also joined in that discussion with him...therefor she was being racist also
    When I mentioned Cheryl cole it was a silly question really ...but she was accused of racism when she hit a lady in a toilet... I was just wondering if you had forgiven her ... I may of been being facetious ...and for that I will apologise
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was referring to CBB ..at the same time the three women were being branded as racists .. Jermain Jackson made a comment about them ..in his comment he mentioned their skin colour... Which to me is racist...but he was never slaughtered in the press infact it wasn't brought up..Shilpa also joined in that discussion with him...therefor she was being racist also
    When I mentioned Cheryl cole it was a silly question really ...but she was accused of racism when she hit a lady in a toilet... I was just wondering if you had forgiven her ... I may of been being facetious ...and for that I will apologise

As I have already stated - anyone who uses a person's race a negative against them is being racist - where do you think I stand on it?

Do not try to trap me in order to protect DO'H. The fact that you are now trying to compare her to other (possible) racists implies you think her behaviour was racist and are trying to deflect. I am very consistent in my attitude to things like this - regardless of who the zeleb is. There are some things I won't defend.

I'm off to bed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's
    not
    at
    all
    telling
    - although
    your
    inability
    to
    accept
    that
    her
    behaviour
    and
    words
    were
    racist,
    is.

Oh? What does this made up "inability" tell?
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of that is true, though the last part would be if you replaced "insisted" with "said".

So it is true actually, apart from the word insisted? How can that NOT Be racist? And the thrush quote IS true. So not sure why you're claiming that none of it is true and then with your last breath saying 'oh actually it is, apart from 1 word'.

If "pig ugly" wasn't supposed to be about her looks, there must be many better ways to say whatever it was meant to express.

I suppose "hideous" isn't about her looks either.

:confused::confused: Both have been used about her personality - not difficult to comprehend.
    Then why is Jack so often left out when slagging off the "three witches" and the "coven" and even in most other criticisms of that group?

You conveniently missed my posts where I mention Jack and state that he was as bad as them and was rightfully vilified. He seems to have (thankfully) disappeared back into obscurity now.
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GODDESS wrote: »
    She wears knickers??? that does surprise me!
    Thought they were just ankle warmers to her.

This little gem got lost in all the arguing about thrush and IQ levels.

How anyone can care so passionately about what this nonentity gets up to is completely beyond me. She really isn't worth it.
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    She may be beautiful on the outside...but from what I saw of her on CBB I would agree with those who have said she is ugly on the inside.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So glad I bowed out of the arguing when I did. I can't believe this thread.
This discussion has been closed.