Options

Can Nigella rebuild her reputation

Comments

• Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have sympathy neither for Lawson with her spendthrift lifestyle, nor for her willing lackies. There is something that really puzzles me though; why doesn't she simply allow a hair sample to be taken and analysed? With hair as long as hers it would have recorded drug usage going back several years.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I have sympathy neither for Lawson with her spendthrift lifestyle, nor for her willing lackies. There is something that really puzzles me though; why doesn't she simply allow a hair sample to be taken and analysed? With hair as long as hers it would have recorded drug usage going back several years.

Why? :confused:

Nigella was not on trial.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What does she need to do that for? She has admitted she used drugs but isn't using now ... Why should she have to prove anything?
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nigella was not on trial.

It does increasingly feel that she was though.

Her admission of taking drugs on a 'couple' of occasions was not good, but the wider allegations of regular drug use have come only from those who have axes to grind and probably nothing else to lose - i.e. the Grillo sisters (they're the ones who were supposed to be on trial) and her decidedly sinister former husband.

If it later emerges she was indeed indulging in regular drug use then we will stand corrected, but until then, folk should probably more mindful of bandying words such as 'smackhead' about.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    It does increasingly feel that she was though.

Her admission of taking drugs on a 'couple' of occasions was not good, but the wider allegations of regular drug use have come only from those who have axes to grind and probably nothing else to lose - i.e. the Grillo sisters (they're the ones who were supposed to be on trial) and her decidedly sinister former husband.

Spot on Sloopy.:)
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After a quick glance at most of the main newspapers, it seems quite obvious that Nigella's friends in high places are abusing their positions in the media to wage an all-out smear campaign on the Grillo sisters.
  • Options
    sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After a quick glance at most of the main newspapers, it seems quite obvious that Nigella's friends in high places are abusing their positions in the media to wage an all-out smear campaign on the Grillo sisters.

LOL

contacts as they say

No doubt the press have been very kind to her. Nothing about drug taking, using drugs in front of your kids etc....

Some are even saying ''i don't blame her for taking cocaine'':o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no problem with the drugs, but her programmes are unwatchable.
  • Options
    multisyncmultisync Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Libellous statement - she has never admitted to, or been accused of taking heroin - which is what a smack head is.

Oh my bad a coke head then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sammyvine wrote: »
    LOL

contacts as they say

No doubt the press have been very kind to her. Nothing about drug taking, using drugs in front of your kids etc....

Some are even saying ''i don't blame her for taking cocaine'':o

Not just in front actually WITH her kids!!

If there was a headline about a mother on a council estate sharing coke with their teenage daughter "coz I'm a bit miserable like" imagine the outrage.

yet as you say because she posh hot totty from the TV that's ok.. Jeeze the hypocrisy around here stinks to high heaven
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    multisync wrote: »
    Not just in front actually WITH her kids!!

If there was a headline about a mother on a council estate sharing coke with their teenage daughter "coz I'm a bit miserable like" imagine the outrage.

yet as you say because she posh hot totty from the TV that's ok.. Jeeze the hypocrisy around here stinks to high heaven

LOL

so true

It's not nigella fault. It's how society is. When your famous, have money, look good etc...everything always is on your side.

But i was shocked she smoked in front of her kids. Thought she was way too smart for that sort of stuff. At least do it privately FFS.

I mean it was said one of her kids gave her cannabis for mothers day.....(if thats true) WOW .WTF:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    I have no problem with the drugs, but her programmes are unwatchable.

I don't feel the same way. Drugs are dangerous and just destroy lives and families. She could have overdosed and her kids would have been orphans. :(

Does the licking of the spoon annoy you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've never ever seen Nigella media-whoring so I doubt she is likely to start doing so now.:)

never say never, her PR team will be pouring over the reaction to map her next move..

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/448181/Nigella-Lawson-in-deal-to-go-on-Oprah-TV-show-to-be-interviewed
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto.

Hope she now gets a bit of peace and time away from the paps.;-)

i do,i don't think some realise what an abusive husband is like,she's admitted taking cocaine a few times woopie do no one knows the circumstances,no one has seen her take drugs and her ex is definitely trying to ruin her for daring to leave him-i just hope she does get some peace now too DD ,
  • Options
    TweenyTweeny Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    multisync wrote: »
    never say never, her PR team will be pouring over the reaction to map her next move..

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/448181/Nigella-Lawson-in-deal-to-go-on-Oprah-TV-show-to-be-interviewed
    I think this was denied by Nigella's team the day after it was published in the Express. Yesterday also after her statement her representative said she was not planning to give any interview.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL

so true

It's not nigella fault. It's how society is. When your famous, have money, look good etc...everything always is on your side.

But i was shocked she smoked in front of her kids. Thought she was way too smart for that sort of stuff. At least do it privately FFS.

I mean it was said one of her kids gave her cannabis for mothers day.....(if thats true) WOW .WTF:confused:

Where was this said and by whom? During the trial it was revealed that neither Satchi nor the Grillos or the other PR who were questioned had ever seen Nigella taking drugs or under the influence of any substance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't feel the same way. Drugs are dangerous and just destroy lives and families. She could have overdosed and her kids would have been orphans. :(

Exactly what Nigella said during questioning. She said that after the last time she took drugs she decided that she didn't want to leave her children orphaned and since then had stayed away from any drugs.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nigella might have taken a bit of a kicking but she's been through far worse in her life and is steely enough to get over this. I'm not her greatest fan (not being into the cult of the celebrity chef) but I admire her nerve and think she's done remarkably well 'off her own bat' for someone who has gone through so much tragedy. I really hope she finds true happiness, once she gets rid of the Saatchi stain. The drugs thing may not be too her credit but we all have our crutches when the chips are down. They haven't stopped her from functioning and although I hate to say it, may have helped her get through some horrible experiences. I hope she has found better ways of coping since, though. As for the allegations that she took drugs in front of and with her children- pretty low if that's the case but nothing has been proved.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2527397/Inside-Nigellas-toxic-marriage-She-haunted-depression-He-terrible-bully-driven-mad-jealousy-children-The-bitter-truth-Nigella-Saatchis-marital-breakdown.html

If there is any truth to this story then I think it reflects very badly on Nigella and I feel great sympathy for the children. Obviously it goes without saying that Charles sounds a completely nasty bit of work.
    Also, off topic but I wonder if Charles and Trinny no more now the court case is over. There hasn't been a picture of them dining out for at least a week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm more Team Michel Roux Jr - "The savouriness of the salt, the sweetness of the sugar - It's a good dish!"
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, more the fakeness of her whole image is what annoys me and I've always suspected as much. Knowing that before the camera she's a babe but when she stepped out in public she always looked a mess with thinning hair (drug damage no doubt). She doesn't clean her own house and her on-camera kitchen looks the pristine way it does because she lies in bed till noon with a powder-encrusted nose while her aides clean up the mess she and the husband left the night before. Domestic Goddess my foot, she's a fraud and a drug addict (and even worse blames her addiction on someone else which is weak and typical of addicts) but because she's attractive in the eyes of the public it's fine. That's what annoys me about her >:(.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, more the fakeness of her whole image is what annoys me and I've always suspected as much. Knowing that before the camera she's a babe but when she stepped out in public she always looked a mess with thinning hair (drug damage no doubt). She doesn't clean her own house and her on-camera kitchen looks the pristine way it does because she lies in bed till noon with a powder-encrusted nose while her aides clean up the mess she and the husband left the night before. Domestic Goddess my foot, she's a fraud and a drug addict (and even worse blames her addiction on someone else which is weak and typical of addicts) but because she's attractive in the eyes of the public it's fine. That's what annoys me about her >:(.

Or the normal appearance of a 50 something woman who, when not tarted up for the cameras, looks as normal and careworn as every other woman of the same demographic. EVERY celebrity doesn't look halfway as decent when they're not covered in slap. Seriously, you are clutching at straws there.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There seems to be a lot of embellishment going on here.

Anyone who steps out looking a bit of a 'mess' from time to time must be on drugs....that'll be everyone, then.

Folk are prepared to believe every word these sisters say, whilst completely vilifying Nigella. It seems she doesn't even have an avenue of defence against these allegations, because minds have already been made up.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You have all this down as fact??? :confused:
    Hair thinning is 'no doubt' down to drug abuse (what?) when, at 50, it could be the result of any number of causes.
    I don't see her blaming taking drugs on anyone else, either. She was offering an explanation for why she took cocaine- not that she owed an explanation to anyone, really. Apparently (although you wouldn't think so), she wasn't the one on trial.
  • Options
    laurieloulaurielou Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Goodness. That's a very angry and bitter way to feel about a woman you don't know. Why so catty ? You wouldn't have a touch of the green-eyed monsters,now, would you? Hmm.

I think "fraud" and a "drug addict" is pushing it. Her image was always meant to be ironic (got a bit much in recent years, admittedly) and people who admit to taking drugs occasionally in the past aren't necessarily drug addicts, believe it or not. But even if she were, personally I think it's preferable to being the kind of woman who feels the need to slag off and put down others in spiteful ways ("always looks a mess" etc etc), basically because they're considered good-looking and have more money I do. Sorry, but I just don't get the hate. Bizarre.