Doctor Who Scariest Villains

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scariest has to be the Darleks, they terrified me when I was a kid, couldn't watch them, even now at almost 40 they still send a shiver down my spine. Second scariest has to be cybermen but no where near as scary as "exterminate"
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is the trouble with these polls. They are often short lived which is why you get Oasis are the best band ever (really?, bring back Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band).

Personally I would have put the Autons a lot closer to the top of the list, they were the one DW monster which gave me nightmares.

I agree with you about The Autons.
    They are one of the only very few memories of Doctor Who that remain from my memory of the classic series.

I don't really believe that people were genuinely scared by most of the enemies on that list.
    Scared?

'Scary' is getting a bit like 'Genius' as a word that gets overused and thrown about so casually.

It's almost every week I read some PR about a new episode that talks about something in it that's supposed to be 'scary'.
    Come off it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    A kids poll? No sign of The Slitheen???
    Hope Dr. Thete doesn't see this! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davros
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yoonix wrote:
    A kids poll? No sign of The Slitheen???
    Hope Dr. Thete doesn't see this! ;)

Don't know about Thete but I can think of a few on here who are terrified by the Slitheen and the thought of them ever returning is one of their worst nightmares ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    my sister was totally freaked out by The Ogri, those moving stones from Image of the Fendahl! SO much so that when I took her to Avebury she had to pluck up all her courage to TOUCH THE STONES
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    The sea devils used to scare me when i was young.. it was the eyes that scared me lol still do now *shudders*
  • trilobitetrilobite Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my sister was totally freaked out by The Ogri, those moving stones from Image of the Fendahl! SO much so that when I took her to Avebury she had to pluck up all her courage to TOUCH THE STONES

That was "The Stones of Blood" (Tom Baker and Mary Tamm).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me as a child, Daleks, Sea Devils, Maggots, Spiders, Sontarans ("Time Warrior"), Wirrn, Zygons, Mummies, Sutekh, Morbius, Krynoids, and rotting Master ("Deadly Assasin")and Voc Robots gave me thrills and chills.

I have to say that that child in the gasmask gave me the spooks, in the Ecclestone series.
  • Milk MaidMilk Maid Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise any were meant to be scary. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milk Maid wrote:
    I didn't realise any were meant to be scary. :confused:

That's the whole point of the programme.

Originally in 1963, there were supposed to be purely historical stories, alternating with fantastical futuristic monster-based ones. Needless to say, the sci-fi episodes won hands-down and the historical stories were basically altered to accomodate an alien element disrupting the timeline, etc.

Being a young child, part of the fun was tuning in on a Saturday evening, to see the latest monsters and how the Doctor and his entourage were going to get out of a particular predicament.

All good, clean fun! :)