Show Humax your top 5 wish list items here

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In order for Humax to identify what would make the 9200t "even better" and what the people want, please note down your top 5 wish list items in any order. Please leave out bug fixes from your list as it will be a given that Humax will deal with those as a priority.

Dont worry if its the same as others, just get it down and then we can see what the common top 5 ones are!

If you have a whole load of suggestions please see the main Wish List thread [thread=301995]here[/thread]

The top 5 items from everyone can be categarised and summarised every now and then.

A new thread like this can be started following the next update, as there may be wish list items that become extinct!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Top 5 (no particular order)

* watch a recording before it has finished recording
    * buffer does not clear when flicking to another channel or recording
    * picture in picture with playback of a recorded program or when recording 2 channels
    * Save the EPG to the hard disk
    * Show at least 5 channels in the EPG at once or ability to zoom out or in the EPG view

My top 5 may change in time!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    marc check your PM's please
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry wrote:
    marc check your PM's please

Mine would be:-

1. Chang EPG page so that it is the same as 8000T one, without small screen in top right. It's not needed.
    2. Make search by genre criteria by time and not channel, or if possible the user to stipulate by time/channel.
    3. The search by word to be extended to include the synopsis of programs supplied by the broadcasters, in order to be able to do even better searches for favourite types of program, etc.
    4.Make the editing of recordings a little bit easier, it's a bit 'clunky' at the mo, and I can see anyone who hasn't owned a PVR/DVR having lots of problems, for example sussing that the user needs to press the pause button in order to use the transport buttons!!
    5. Being able to set reminders of a program coming on would be nice for us with lousy memories, i.e. me!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had to change mine already! With Christmas/new year looming and I know I will be away for a while I needed to get the 20 timers thing in there!

* watch a recording before it has finished recording
    * buffer does not clear when flicking to another channel or recording
    * picture in picture with playback of a recorded program or when recording 2 channels
    * Substantially more than 20 timers
    * Show at least 5 channels in the EPG at once or ability to zoom out or in the EPG view

My top 5 may change in time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    My list

1 Storing of EPG when in standby.
    2 Auto-padding of recordings.
    3 Chase-play when recording.
    4 More than twenty timers.
    5 Faster and improved error cheking of USB2 link.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    My preferences are:

1 Increase maximum number of recordings from 20 to 100 or higher/unlimited
    2 Add ability to manually edit the start and end times of recordings using the left and right arrows; retaining last Start and End padding settings as the default values.
    3 When using the EPG, add ability to use the Commercial Skip buttons to go forward/back a Day WITHOUT having to press the Green Time bar button first.
    4 Add ability to play a recording before it has finished.
    5 Add ability to delete recordings from the play list menu.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Here are my top 5:

1. Save EPG to hard disk to make EPG populate instantly and automatically update it at 3am.
    2. Increase 20 timer limit to 100.
    3. Watch a recording before it has finished recording.
    4. Auto end padding of recordings, setable in the preferences for all recordings to 2, 5, 10 or 15 mins.
    5. As a shortcut, when watching digital TV, make the OK button bring up the play list.
    6. A screen saver whilst playing MP3s or listening to the radio.

Oh bug%*r that's 6!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Chase Play
    Auto Padding
    full access to HD for MP3
    Working mpeg's from USB
    Increase Max recordings scheduled
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    1) 100 Timers (more than 20 anyway)
    2) Chase Play
    3) i button on remote allows now/next for all channels
    4) Auto padding for recordings
    5) Keyword searches for automatic recording. Currently you have to search and add programs to be recorded. I would like to have a automatic feature where I tell the box to record anything with the word "???" in the title.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    • More timers 50+
    • Auto padding of recording times
    • EPG that works like the BT Netgem iPlayer+
    • The ability to delete recordings from the play list menu (good idea from RJD's list)
    • Chase Play (because the more experienced PVR users want it)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Only had mine 5 days (and very very pleased- no problems so far)
    My top 5 would be
    *100 entries in the recording schedule
    *use of a single button to skip days in the EPG (why not copy sky and use green for forward and red for backward moves of days?)
    * Much faster refresh of the EPG (it seems to take 15 minutes for my system which may be caused by the fact that it's locked onto some Muxes from Hannington and others from Crystal Palace!)
    * Ability to record radio from standby
    * Autopadding by use of one of the main remote buttons rather than the fiddly ones under the cover
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Been using the Humax intensively for about 3 weeks now - this is what I'd like to see:

1. Faster population of EPG from startup (e.g. saved to HDD)
    2. Easy Auto padding
    3. Chase play (to watch scheduled recording in progress)
    4. PIP during play
    5. Increase in number of timers

Cheers,

Steve.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    1. Chase Play of recorded programme
    2. ^ number of timers(40+)
    3. Store EPG on standby
    4. Auto padding
    5. EPG to 6 lines or Zoom in/ Out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Mine would be:-

1. Chang EPG page so that it is the same as 8000T one, without small screen in top right. It's not needed.

Do you mean the pip that shows the current watching channel? To be able to keep an eye on that whilst searching the EPG is a must for me. I have just migrated from a Sagem wherby a similar PIP changed channel every time you searched a different EPG channel listing - infuriating!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    My top 5: in no real order.....

1. Wider EPG access (more channels viewed - or even just one but with 8-10 hours of visibility)
    2. Ability to watch a recording whilst it's being recorded
    3. Easier programme delete function (far fewer button clicks)
    4. 50+ programme recording capability
    5. Folders to store programme archive
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    1. Non-volatile recording schedule (survives power failure)
    2. Intelligent auto-padding (or PDC)
    3. Chase play
    4. Save EPG for quicker re-population
    5. Retain buffer for (say) 30 seconds on changing channels (unless play is pressed) to allow brief excursions
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Derek S wrote:
    Do you mean the pip that shows the current watching channel? To be able to keep an eye on that whilst searching the EPG is a must for me. I have just migrated from a Sagem wherby a similar PIP changed channel every time you searched a different EPG channel listing - infuriating!

I'm with Derek S on this.

Ian
    Forum Member
    Please remove
    Forum Member
    I'm also with Derek.

Shame on you Grannygrunt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    My top 5, in order:

1 Auto padding (user selectable start and end amounts)
    2 If recording using a timer set from the guide, keep the name in the guide rather than name of programme when recording starts
    3 When using the EPG, add ability to use the Commercial Skip buttons to go forward/back a Day WITHOUT having to press the Green Time bar button first.
    4 More than 20 timers (40 would be enough for me)
    5 Dont lose buffer when changing channel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Top five (with reasons)

1. Get a Sky+, look at EPG and make the EPG navigation of the 9200T similar (i.e. use of navigation and colour buttons) - It's a bit clunky and not very intuitive the way it is.

2. Allow the playing of MP3s while recordings are happening. The ability to store MP3s suggests using this machine as a limited jukebox, if you can't use any of its other functions at the same time it makes you wonder what the point of storing the MP3's is.

3. Allowing more timer events to be stored. 20 is stupidly low - we want to schedule programmes from the EPG for the next week.

4. Look at the Sky+ you got for 1. above and have a look at how it manages padding and programme naming - do the same on this machine.

5. Proper chaseplay. We don't always want to wait till the recordings finished, we would have kept our VCRs if we did.

:D
  • CrashedCrashed Posts: 1,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the remote control to not turn on my heater,
    or attempt to pop up a creative OSD on the PC
    via Audigy external boxes infra red.

Audigy remote & heaters remote
    also messes with humax box.

Have to keep them in seperate rooms.

Only a small problem but very annoying and dangerous
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    It's a brilliant box but if I had 9 wishes they'd be:

1) Have the ability to rename channel for the front panel (names don't fit the screen so I get broken names)

2) Store the EPG so I can put the 9200 in standby

3) Make the MP3 folder as big as I like

4) Speed up transfer of MP3s

5) I'd buy a 2nd box for the room but the remotes would annoy each other. So, I'd like the option to have 2 sets of remote controls (used to be A/B on my old Mitsubishi VCRs).

6) A few auto-padding options would be good. Nothing extreme like 15mins. Maybe 1min start early and 5mins after finish (and other options)

7) Monday-Friday recording option would be good.

8) Fix the problem of renaming once an edit fuction has been done.

9) Ability to delete recordings from the play list

Nothing else. Well done to Humax for the quality kit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crashed wrote:
    For the remote control to not turn on my heater,
    or attempt to pop up a creative OSD on the PC
    via Audigy external boxes infra red.

Audigy remote & heaters remote
    also messes with humax box.

Have to keep them in seperate rooms.

Only a small problem but very annoying and dangerous

Wrong thread? :):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RJD wrote:
    I'm also with Derek.

Shame on you Grannygrunt.
    I owned the Humax 8000T which did not have this screen on the epg page, and us users got by. What do you need it for?? It is this that stops more channels from being shown. If I go into the EPG, I am either searching it because the channel that I am currently tuned to has nothing on I want to watch, or I am searching for programs to record. If Humax keep this ch screen on this page, then you can't show more channels. And it is not pip, that means a picture inside another picture! I would prefer more channels showing, I don't need to see what is on the current channel whilst in the EPG.