The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Gomz wrote: »
    Agree completely with Soulmusic...anyway, I think she looks really hot in this picture, has that mekel bailey stylist departed the building?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/4341777/Alexandra-Burke-legs-it-go.html

I would think that was the other stylist she has :)
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Gomz wrote: »
    Agree completely with Soulmusic...anyway, I think she looks really hot in this picture, has that mekel bailey stylist departed the building?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/4341777/Alexandra-Burke-legs-it-go.html

Oh No

I forgot to tell you guys!

Someone who I speak to on another forum told me she had a different stylist for the album shoot ... It was a graduate from a University, he also posted saying Alex usually looks like a mess with her current stylist and he was glad about the positive feedback he got from her shoot he did.

He did LIG single cover and HOH cover and outtakes so I'm guessing it was done on the same day/time.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    On the bright side. We'll all have the album next week....so to quote HOH we'll all have a 'sweet escape'....The album is really strong, it's just a shame that the other things haven't fallen into place. But it's not all bad. :)

Yeah...I need this album now...I'm like depressed :(
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    I would think that was the other stylist she has :)

and No it wasn't him either, it was someone completely new and different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    Oh No

I forgot to tell you guys!

Someone who I speak to on another forum told me she had a different stylist for the album shoot ... It was a graduate from a University, he also posted saying Alex usually looks like a mess with her current stylist and he was glad about the positive feedback he got from her shoot he did.

He did LIG single cover and HOH cover and outtakes so I'm guessing it was done on the same day/time.

They were on the same day. I remember her tweeting about it! She looks incredible in my opinion. LIG cover is beautiful and so is that other picture on the sample video and of course this most recent shot is stunning too.
    Forum Member
    and No it wasn't him either, it was someone completely new and different.

She should stick with the person you're talking about then :D
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    She should stick with the person you're talking about then :D

Sadly he said it was a one off :(
    and her label aren't willing to hire anymore stylists .
    Forum Member
    Sadly he said it was a one off :(
    and her label aren't willing to hire anymore stylists .

URGH! :mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    LIG now 29 :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RCA IF YOU'RE READING THIS, HIRE ME AS A STYLIST. I DO NOT NEED PAYING. :cool:
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    LIG now 29 :(

and the fall begins :(
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    I suppose :)
    Their negativity is getting to me :(

Put the Heartbreak On Hold ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loose Women probably isn't going to do much good. The acoustic may reach out to the middle aged woman, but that's not on the EP so.. it won't help anything. :confused:
    Forum Member
    I've listened to this song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzvy4f7z6Q8

Since this awful week begun, it reminds me of Alex's situation ATM kinda
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Falling already, lets hope it can get top 40 then ay?!
    Forum Member
    I've listened to this song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzvy4f7z6Q8

Since this awful week begun, it reminds me of Alex's situation ATM kinda

Love that song :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to Perfect....♬ 'it didn't break me down...it made me strong' ♬

This single can't be saved, but AB needs to think about where she is headed next tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope thing's pick up with the album after this disastrous LIG situation.
  • lovealexburkelovealexburke Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    how many times can i buy a single on iTunes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    not trying to spam but can you follow me on twitter coz i got suspended in the last ask alex and only have 6 followers :)https://twitter.com/#!/Jack_AB123
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    This is what people are saying:

I've been a big Alex fan from the off. Her IMAGE is cheap. She dresses cheaply, her videos are low budget, nothing about the way she's being marketed says THIS GIRL IS A STAR. The songs don't either. (I love Let It Go but it doesn't sound like there's anything else on the album to get excited over.) I don't know what the hell Cheryl, Tulisa or Rita Ora have to do with this discussion, although since you brought them into it all have good PR/marketing and are getting good buzz across social media etc, whereas Alex is virtually invisible.

I don't think that's what Jark is getting at, you've missed the point. He is a fan of Alex, but it is pretty obvious to anybody without loon-tinted glasses that right now she is not seen as a relevant act, hence radio withdrawing support. That is mostly down to her management not marketing her as she deserves to be. The people you have just compared her to may have less talent but they ARE relevant and they are being marketed much better than Alex is.

Great post and pretty much sums up how I feel about Alex. I want to buy an Alexandra Burke album, I like her but the two singles I have heard from the fortcoming album are "nothing" songs to me and a complete waste of her potential. They could by any random dance act you choose to mention. Background Music on Kiss fm when you're doing the cleaning. It is a sad state of affairs though that acts like Cheryl get all the money pumped in when they have a 100th of the talent of someone like Alex. But we all know the british public are gulliable idiots who care more about Cheryls nice hair than the fact that she mimes and is pretty much useless.

Rant Over
  • lovealexburkelovealexburke Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    how many times can u buy a single on iTunes
    Forum Member
    how many times can u buy a single on iTunes

as many as you want i think!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Different wrote: »
    as many as you want i think!

Doesn't it only count like 3 times though?
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Doesn't it only count like 3 times though?

i dunno
This discussion has been closed.