EE 4G data allowances....

2»

Comments

• danielmeahdanielmeah Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    noticed that too. mines still on 50GB and not changed for 4 days. on the other hand speeds are amazing! http://i.imgur.com/JkuEd4v.png nearly 60Mb
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    danielmeah wrote: »
    on the other hand speeds are amazing!
    I can get nearly 40meg and sometimes 45meg at 00:30 when most people are asleep :)
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got 55Mbps in the middle of the afternoon a few days ago on single-speed. If only the network performed that well nationwide...
  • ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    I got 55Mbps in the middle of the afternoon a few days ago on single-speed. If only the network performed that well nationwide...

I thought single speed was capped at 30Mb/s?
  • zantarouszantarous Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a speed test result from the 31st of last month 59.06 I was pretty giddy to see it almost as fast as my home cable connection.
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    No. Only specific plans are capped at 30
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three wrote: »
    I thought single speed was capped at 30Mb/s?
    No, single speed is capable of around 70Mbps.
  • ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Only specific plans are capped at 30
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    No, single speed is capable of around 70Mbps.

Damn, I'm thinking of plans rather than technology.:blush:
    Forum Member
    Mind you, speeds in Plymouth at the moment make me think I'm still on 3G!
    Forum Member
    Mind you, speeds in Plymouth at the moment make me think I'm still on 3G!

Generally I'm getting 4G download speeds that are similar to the HSPA download speeds I used to get on T-Mobile 2 years ago (10 to 14 megabit). Upload is dramatically faster on 4G, and 4G has none of the stalling that plagued 3G. I assume this indicates that there is plenty of spectrum capacity, but the backhaul is congested, and as upgrades occur it will be relieved.
    Forum Member
    Been getting 4Mbit down, 1Mbit up on certain 4G sites over the last few weeks....
  • AlecRAlecR Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jchamier wrote: »
    Generally I'm getting 4G download speeds that are similar to the HSPA download speeds I used to get on T-Mobile 2 years ago (10 to 14 megabit). Upload is dramatically faster on 4G, and 4G has none of the stalling that plagued 3G. I assume this indicates that there is plenty of spectrum capacity, but the backhaul is congested, and as upgrades occur it will be relieved.

Sitting in Basingstoke today, I got ~20Mbps on 3G, yet ~7Mbps on 4G. Uploads were the same.
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Been getting 4Mbit down, 1Mbit up on certain 4G sites over the last few weeks....

Yeah I was down at Vue again the other day and still slow.
    Took kids to the Eden project the on Monday though, came back in the evening and stopped for a Burger King in Saltash services.
    Almost full 4G signal indoors and 45 Meg!!!
    Also always impressed how there is nearly unbroken fast 3G all the way down to St Austell and the landscape is really winding and hilly too.
    Kids were in the back with the iPad tethered to my iPhone and I don't think Netflix buffered or stopped once between Plymouth and Eden.
    Forum Member
    AlecR wrote: »
    Sitting in Basingstoke today, I got ~20Mbps on 3G, yet ~7Mbps on 4G. Uploads were the same.

In a 20mhz area tonight, Nottingham. Getting a max of 10Mbps down and 6 up on iPad and iPhone. iPad is on a double speed plan. Not seen 4g this slow for ages. Guess network issues somewhere. Latency is still good. Using london PCCW or local speed test sites. Odd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's impressively bad. Getting 22Mbps myself on 10Mhz with 1 bar signal (-109dBm) in Aberdeen...
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Also always impressed how there is nearly unbroken fast 3G all the way down to St Austell and the landscape is really winding and hilly too.
    Kids were in the back with the iPad tethered to my iPhone and I don't think Netflix buffered or stopped once between Plymouth and Eden.

MBNL has certainly done a good job in Cornwall, it's been hard to find real blackspots on 3G for years. The only one that really irritates me is in a village I have to drive through to get to St Austell. The coverage seems centred on the two A roads and the railway line though, my village is near the A30 and you get great coverage if you're on the industrial estate where the cell sites and A30 are, but it's pants once you drive in to the village.

It's otherwise very nice to be pretty much in the middle of nowhere and yet still get 20Mbps HSPA from 3. It'll be nice to see how things are when we finally get LTE (EE needs to break out of the Plymouth/Exeter/South Devon mindset)