EE - The Lucy Beale investigation

CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
Forum Member
✭✭
Ok so the flash back episode answered all our questions so we as viewers know exactly what happened.

I honestly cant believe they've charged Max and I also cant believe that the Beales house has never EVER had a sweep of forensic investigators set upon it.

Max's version of events actually matches the forensic evidence that was found in Jakes flat, Abbey states that Max was only gone for a shot time so how and when do they think he had time to move Lucys body????

Evil Abbey also had an altercation with Lucy AFTER she had been to Jakes, so she knows he didn't kill her at Jakes.

One detail I can not understand is Denise actually holds vital information about Lucy on the night she died, so why has she never spoke about the fact she saw Lucy and that Lucy was actually in the Beale house near to the time of her estimated death. I wonder if this will ever be explored?

They are also missing the absolutely unbelievable fact that Lauren knows who killed Lucy and there is no way on earth she'd sit back and allow Max, her own father to be convicted of a murder he didn't commit.

I wonder if this is how Lauren will return?

Comments

• Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    One detail I can not understand is Denise actually holds vital information about Lucy on the night she died, so why has she never spoke about the fact she saw Lucy and that Lucy was actually in the Beale house near to the time of her estimated death. I wonder if this will ever be explored?

This will definitely be brought up again [as I'm sure Abi's 'battering' of Lucy is next to be aired to the square], but Denise isn't gonna confess to this because, uhh, she hit her... For all we know she thinks maybe she caused that fatal head injury.

[Although that scene suffered from a bizarre cut of Denise lashing out at Lucy and then the next scene was Lucy sitting outside on the doorstep, IIRC]
  • mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Masood has never questioned Jane about where she disappeared to that night
  • Mokey76Mokey76 Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Did they ever state the results from the autopsy? Surely she died from multiple hits to the head, from car lot to Bobby. Wouldn't this have shown up? And hasn't forensic science move on so far as to tell that these happened over a period of time?
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mokey76 wrote: »
    Did they ever state the results from the autopsy? Surely she died from multiple hits to the head, from car lot to Bobby. Wouldn't this have shown up? And hasn't forensic science move on so far as to tell that these happened over a period of time?

You'd expect it to wouldn't you. She had multiple blows to the head and anyone of them could have lead to her death. Although it is Eastenders, they're not quite as thorough as the Silent Witness team but you'd have thought they could have asked for their help.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    The whole story is a mess. No wonder viewers are sick of it. The police know that Lucy wasn't killed in Jake's flat. Abi knows Max didn't kill Lucy (as you say, she saw her afterwards), and yet he's still been charged with her murder with absolutely no evidence.

Then they have evidence that Ben mugged Lucy and he's released without charges.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so the flash back episode answered all our questions so we as viewers know exactly what happened.

I honestly cant believe they've charged Max and I also cant believe that the Beales house has never EVER had a sweep of forensic investigators set upon it.

Max's version of events actually matches the forensic evidence that was found in Jakes flat, Abbey states that Max was only gone for a shot time so how and when do they think he had time to move Lucys body????

Evil Abbey also had an altercation with Lucy AFTER she had been to Jakes, so she knows he didn't kill her at Jakes.

They are also missing the absolutely unbelievable fact that Lauren knows who killed Lucy and there is no way on earth she'd sit back and allow Max, her own father to be convicted of a murder he didn't commit.

Have they never done any forensic investigation in the house?! I thought they had! :o

I can't remember but did they ever question the Beales?

I'm also enjoying it despite the plot holes. They're no worse than the ones in all of EEs other stories.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    The whole story is a mess. No wonder viewers are sick of it. The police know that Lucy wasn't killed in Jake's flat. Abi knows Max didn't kill Lucy (as you say, she saw her afterwards), and yet he's still been charged with her murder with absolutely no evidence.

Then they have evidence that Ben mugged Lucy and he's released without charges.

Speak for yourself because I'm loving this storyline. They found blood on Max's shoe that turned out to be Lucy's & this is the evidence they have to go on, plus Abi said she saw him go into the flat with her, & this places Max in the frame as the police think he was the last person to see her alive, even though she had an altercation with Lucy afterwards, & I hope this is revealed eventually.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    Have they never done any forensic investigation in the house?! I thought they had! :o

I can't remember but did they ever question the Beales?

Only Lucy's bedroom. Not the house and not their cars.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Only Lucy's bedroom. Not the house and not their cars.

Blimey! :o Tory Cuts! Shakes fist at Cameron.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mokey76 wrote: »

The only other blow apart from Bobby's that I feel was strong enough to cause some form of internal brain injury was the fall in the car lot. On the whole, I remain convinced it was Bobby's blow that was solely responsible but I can see the multiple blows defence being used if Bobby is ever brought before court. I don't think he'll go to prison whatever happens, which would be a typically heartwarming EE ending.

The most jarring thing for me in the story so far has already been mentioned, and that is the lack of scrutiny placed on the Beales by the police throughout. Searching the victim's house would be right at the very top of my to-do list if I was an investigating officer. Ian and Lucy hadn't been getting on, so you immediately have a motive for Ian which would presumably go a long way to gaining permission for a warrant to search the house. Why aren't the police wondering why Peter has scarpered too? He had a job and a girlfriend on the Square and was seemingly happy, yet in the immediate aftermath of his dad's wedding, he leaves?
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why aren't the police wondering why Peter has scarpered too? He had a job and a girlfriend on the Square and was seemingly happy, yet in the immediate aftermath of his dad's wedding, he leaves?

Even though we've now seen the whole night in question, in the lead up to the reveal I was still dead sure that Peter wanting to leave the square the day after [and again not long after] were dead ringers of his guilty part in Lucy's death.

I'm still not wholly convinced there wasn't something more to it [at some point in the plot].

But I guess it just means that as nice to look at as he is, Peter is just meant to be a big of a coward like his father.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This! Why haven't the police spoken to Denise? They knew she was living at the house at the time. I'm sure her stating Lucy was home would provide evidence in Max's case as he couldn't have killed her when he was seen with her?

Also, isn't Abi stating her belief of Max's guilt on the fact that she knows Max went back out to check if Lucy was okay AFTER the whole Jake incident.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    The flashback didn't answer all questions at all, there are masses upon masses of plot holes, inconsistencies and nonsenses.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    srhgts wrote: »
    The flashback didn't answer all questions at all, there are masses upon masses of plot holes, inconsistencies and nonsenses.

Half will probably never be explained. Still wait to see why Billy was stealing the post :D
  • burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's what I'm thinking. She'll hear what's happened and comeback to get him free and set the record straight.
    Louise_ wrote: »
    Also, isn't Abi stating her belief of Max's guilt on the fact that she knows Max went back out to check if Lucy was okay AFTER the whole Jake incident.

Yes. Max went out again, which we saw near the end of the flashback episode.
  • Marsh.Marsh. Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I recall when the police arrived to inform Ian that she'd died the forensics did go all over the house, and even blocked off her bedroom (which had the jewellery box inside).

Why they never found a trace of blood or anything suspicious I don't know.

They don't know Lucy died at home so they assume she was killed at the common surely?

Nobody knows it was "around the time of her estimated death" because Lucy was found on the common the following morning after leaving the square.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry it this whole storyline is getting on my last nerves! I don't and couldn't care less who bloody killed her and now that it's been dragging on and on for over a year makes it even worse!!

There's even speculation now that there is going to be another twist and flashbacks will show stuff we didn't see bla bla bla.

Why on earth are they dragging it out for so long when we already know who killed her!

I am just hoping that poor Max doesn't go down for this. I hope Lauren comes back and saves him....
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marsh. wrote: »
    I recall when the police arrived to inform Ian that she'd died the forensics did go all over the house, and even blocked off her bedroom (which had the jewellery box inside).

They don't know Lucy died at home so they assume she was killed at the common surely?

Nobody knows it was "around the time of her estimated death" because Lucy was found on the common the following morning after leaving the square.

I'm pretty sure that in one of the videos on the website Keeble said that Lucy was found dumped on the common but had not been killed there. They know that she didn't die on the common.
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise is key here but telling the truth could incriminate herself. It would also lead to her confessing that she lied in her original statement. She's just staying out of it to protect herself.

Love the fact this story is back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They have an approximate time of death. Keeble mentioned it when questioning Abi the other day.
  • Fair_DoosFair_Doos Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    I think this story could be more about how the police operate, Abbie wanted to get Ben out so said it was her dad putting it in the hands of the police to prove, she believes if her dad IS innocent the police will find out and he will be released, keeble is so sure it was max she said she would put money on it, and Emma's ex hates max with a passion so his judgement will be biaste, so now we will see the police ignore evidence that doesn't "fit" Max's guilt and only look at the evidence that points to his guilt. This happens and that's how innocent people go down. It will be down to Lauren Jane or Bobby to tell the police the real story and stop their witch hunt.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »

Like?
  • SepangBlueSepangBlue Posts: 4,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This unnecessarily protracted storyline is one of the main reasons that my wife has lost interest in EastEnders, which we've both been watching since Den handed Angie those divorce papers on Christmas Day in 1986.

Me, I'm a bit more of a stayer but even I am getting a little tired of this tawdry tale. I wish they'd put it out of its misery asap and let us get back to how EastEnders used to be!
  • HoneysmumHoneysmum Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    TBH my head is mashed with the whole thing!

Is there a link to the flashback episode? Watching it again may help me understand it more :D
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They only searched Lucys bedroom

They know she wasn't killed on the common.